Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2004, 04:10 PM
Admiral

Default My wedding - part 6: the ceremony

My wedding - part 6: the ceremony

At last, “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring,” by Bach, began. I chose that song instead of a traditional bombastic “Here Comes the Bride” tune full of trumpets and timpani because it seemed more, well, me. I’ve never enjoyed being the center of attention, never entered a room and shouted, “Here I am!” I wanted my processional piece to reflect my quiet, gentle nature and I think it succeeded. However, although I have never liked being the center of attention, in that moment as I glided down the aisle on my dad’s arm, with all those eyes on me, looking ahead to the love of my life waiting at the end, I was happy!

Walking down the aisle.

Here comes the bride.

We reached the end of the aisle and Mark walked down to take me from my dad. I think he walked a little too fast, but you can’t fault his eagerness! I kissed my dad and told him I loved him before he sat down again. Mark and I went up to the altar and the ceremony began. Father Dan leaned over to me and said, “You look beautiful,” so I was glad I had chosen not to wear a wrap over my dress as he had suggested months before.

It was a beautiful ceremony. Everything about it seemed magical to me, everything went perfectly in my mind. The readings were beautiful, the music was heavenly, and everything went smoothly. There was only one small mishap. At the time of the vows, only the best man and the matron of honor were supposed to come forward to witness. The attendants and groomsmen got confused and decided to all come forward. The priest waved them back and said, “So much for rehearsals!”

The ceremony.

During the vows, all I could think about was how happy I was. While Mark was saying his vows I just couldn’t stop grinning. Someone told me later that some tourists came into the church and began talking loudly at that moment, but I didn’t hear them. I was oblivious to everything except what was going on between him and me. It was the best moment of my life.

We exchanged rings and then communion was held. It was so profound to me to have that in the ceremony. It went beautifully and did not make the ceremony too long.

Finally, we were declared husband and wife. We kissed and turned to walk back down the aisle. As the opening notes of the Finalé of Saint-Saëns’ Organ Symphony resounded through the cathedral, I felt so much joy in my heart.

The kiss.

Recessional.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Post Edited (01-01-04 16:42)

Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2004, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Re: My wedding: part 6 - the ceremony

You look like you're floating on air in the recessional picture!
Angela Z.
Old January 1st, 2004, 04:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: My wedding: part 6 - the ceremony

I sure felt like I was!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 1st, 2004, 08:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: My wedding - part 6: the ceremony

That is one happy - looking bride! Are those spats Mark is wearing??
Reminds me of a funny incident at my cousin Rick's wedding. At the altar, as the bride and groom knelt down to receive a blessing, the bottom of Rick's shoes were visible to the congregation. the left one said "HE" and the right one said "LP" (HELP!!) Those of us in the back could hardly contain our giggling!

donna

Old January 2nd, 2004, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: My wedding - part 6: the ceremony

Yes, those are spats! He got a lot of comments from strangers while we were walking around the city because of them.

Cheers,
Michelle P.