Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2004, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Default My wedding - part 7: getting to the reception

My wedding - part 7: getting to the reception

After we walked down the aisle, Mark told me that his car was parked behind the Cathedral and the easiest way to get to it would be to go up one of the side aisles and leave through a door near the altar. So, we turned around and went up one of the side aisles back to the front of the church. We probably confused some of the guests, but at least I got to hear the entirety of the glorious organ music I had chosen for our recessional. After we went through the door that lead into the back recesses of the church, Mark and I finally got a moment alone together. What a wonderful moment, to hold each other close and know that we were finally husband and wife.

As we walked through the back rooms of the church, Mark took a bite of the sandwich his groomsmen had brought him for dinner. Unfortunately, the priest would not let him eat it before the ceremony since it was too close to the time for communion! (Whoops!) The sandwich wasn’t very good now, so he just threw it away. Mark’s dad, the best man, arrived and gave an envelope to Father Dan, and told us we had strict instructions from my mother to get to the reception right away! So we found Mark’s car and took off. Traffic was thick, and we didn’t get to the winery as quickly as we wanted. We joined the receiving line and met about half the guests on their way in (the other half had beaten us there.) After the receiving line, my dad went to change out of his uniform and into a much more comfortable suit, and my mom and I went to a room on the second floor of the winery to bustle my dress. I took my veil off and the dress was bustled. Then we joined the reception already in progress.

My mom and me in the receiving line.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2004, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: My wedding - part 7: getting to the reception

My goodness Michelle, you look like your mom! And she looks too young to be your mother - hope she's passed those genes along too!

donna

Old January 2nd, 2004, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: My wedding - part 7: getting to the reception

Thanks, Donna, I hope so too!

Cheers,
Michelle P.