Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sseaver1
Default Cruisin

Good morning to all from cold and icy Maine.....just found this chat group. Good to have folks to ask questions of.....Can anyone out there give me their impressions of two hotels in San Juan. I made reservations at the Park Plaza Normandie, but received so many negative comments, i became nervous and cancelled...Now i have reservations at the Caribe Hilton.....anyone got good or bad to say about either?

Appreciate it.

Scott and Barb
Maine
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique
Default Re: Cruisin

Stayed at the Caribe Hilton a few years ago and it was lovely. Great views of the ocean and the city lights. The rooms are spacious, very clean and comfortable. There is a large lobby where a great band was playing at night. The beach wasn't the best in the world but, hey, it's a beach! There is also a very nice restaurant if you don't want to leave the hotel at night. I took a short tour of the city and saw the major highlights - took about 3 hours.

Welcome to CruiseMates - you'll find great people here, lots of information, interesting subjects (not all about cruising) and make some friends. Hope you'll visit us often!
Old January 4th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Scott and Barb, sorry I can't help with your question, but just wanted to add my welcome to CruiseMates. We're a helpful and friendly bunch, and I hope we will see more of you!

donna in Montreal

Old January 4th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Welcome aboard Scott and Barb. Glad you found us and decided to post. Just ask away, someone will be able to answer your questions. If you get a chance join us any week nite in chat. Would love to chat with you.

Sorry I can't help with your question, since the only hotel I've stayed at in San Juan is Wyndham in Old San Juan.

Carnival Glory
Old January 4th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Welcome Aboard Scott and Barb. You will find this board a great asset when it comes to cruise knowledge. I found this board last winter before my wife's and mine first cruise. We got all of our questions answered and then some. The advice is great and all of the participants are very freindly. Check out all of the message boards, I think that you will find them to be informative and entertaining. {{grin}}

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old January 4th, 2004, 07:36 PM
First Mate

Welcome aboard Scott & Barb. That 's a great question since we are also cruising from SJ and still have not booked hotel for pre-cruise.

Old January 4th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sseaver1
Default Re: Re: Cruisin

Hey Folks....I have only been on this board a day, and have already received alot of great info.!!!! Thanks so much

Scott and Barb (too)
Old January 4th, 2004, 10:15 PM
First Mate

Welcome aboard Scott and Barb. I've been lurking and participating on this board since early 2002 and still love it.

M
Old January 4th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Welcome aboard Scott and Barb. You will love this board, the best people chit-chat here. Always friendly and helpful.

Jeanne and Ellis

Old January 5th, 2004, 11:34 PM
tom f

Default Re: Re: Cruisin

I sstayed at the Caribe Hilton two weeks ago. It is a first class hotel all the way. The room was fabulous, ocean view with a balcony. Great lobby bar with a piano player. Top restaurants including a Mortons steakhouse. They have a great tropical garden in the back with exotic birds and fish. Swim in either the ocean or a top notch pool. You will not go wrong with the caribe Hilton. No gambling though, but a short walk to Condado or a short cab ride to Old San Juan.