Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2004, 05:09 PM
david d

Default Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Any suggestions for an inexpensive hotel near the peir? Amerisuites was $125. I'd like to be around $80
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Try Priceline. If you go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com, they have a list of all the hotels people are getting in a specific area and at around what price.

In Fort Lauderdale, bid on the Downtown area. If you bid on a 3*, you'll get either the Marina Marriott or the Embassy Suites. Both are right near the pier and excellent hotels. Bidding on a 2.5* will get you the Amerisuites.

Looks like people are getting the 3* hotels for less than $80 and the 2.5* hotels for less than $50.

Drawbacks to Priceline, and why some people don't like to use it, are that it charges your credit card for the entire stay at the moment you bid, if your bid is accepted, and there are no cancellations. So make sure you have the dates right! Also, if your bid is rejected (too low), you have to wait three days before you can bid again. And, you can't be sure which hotel you will get until you have won the bid and paid for the room. Biddingfortravel.com helps narrow that down, though.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 7th, 2004, 06:52 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

I went with priceline last week. I bid 60.00 for a 3 star near the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. My bid was accepted. I was given a room at the Wyndham. Very happy with the selection. The hotel contacted me a few days later to confirm my choice for bedding etc: I would highly recommend them. Good luck.
Old January 8th, 2004, 06:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

David: I would definitely try Priceline. I got Amerisuites for around $50.00 through them.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 8th, 2004, 07:38 AM
evie

Default Re: Re: Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

I had tried Hotwire last year and got the Embassy Suites for December 2003 for only $60. Really nice hotel to stay in.