Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default It's Thursday...so Good Morning!

I am so mixed up this week - what with being sick on Monday and off of work on Tuesday, Wednesday felt like a Monday! lol But I am glad I only have two more days to work this week - and then two days off to recover.

It is still cold here in SE Wisconsin - but we moderated to the mid teens on Wednesday; today we are supposed to get to the mid 20"s - absolutely balmy, but with a chance of a dusting of snow. Oh well, spring will be here in about 2 months or so (or so we like to believe!)

Have a great day everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Re: It's Thursday...so Good Morning!

Morning Lisa and all the CruiseMates to follow.

Where is Karen with that coffee, sheesh good help is hard to find ..

Another brisk day ahead, what is with this winter? From Maine to California and Canada to Florida.

Thursday, what should I do .. oh yea, get to work.

Voyager of the Seas Feb 22, 2004

Radiance of the Seas May 2, 2004

Constellation Sept 7, 2004

Old January 8th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning Lisa, Steve and all the CruiseMates to follow. Lisa, I can relate to not knowing what day of the week it is. I was off yesterday....so I'm sure the rest of the week will fly by. It is very cold here in the "Burgh"...and no relief in sight! I hope you all have a wonderful day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 8th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisers! Here are a couple of "teaser" pics from our honeymoon cruise, just to get your morning off to a good start:

What's at the end of the rainbow? The Caribbean and dreams of cruising, of course!

Sunset in St. Thomas

Maybe someday I'll get around to changing the size on the rest of them. I've already written my cruise story, just waiting until I have time to mess with all the pics to post it so it can be "illustrated."
Everyone have a great day!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Post Edited (01-08-04 06:44)

Old January 8th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the fabulous Arizona desert. Yesterday, high 60's. Today supposed to be mid 70's, and they're predicting 79 or 80 for tomorrow! Wow! It doesn't get any better than this!

Lisa, hang in there and try to endure that bitter cold weather. It has to come to an end some day!

Steve, I'm with you. It's off to work I go. If not, no cruises. Hmmm! I guess I don't mind going to work so much after all!

MaryLou, it's almost over. It's Thursday already!

Michelle, those pictures are beautiful. We can't wait to hear your honeymoon cruise story.

I'll catch you all this evening! Have a great day Cruise Mates.

Old January 8th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning, it's really cold here on Long Island today. Sure wish I was cruising although Jennifer's weather sounds nice too. Lisa there are actually 73 days till Spring. Hopefully the time will pass quickly. Had to find my coffee all by myself this AM Steve, couldn't find Karen either.

Michelle your pictures are beautiful and much nicer to look at than the bare trees in my yard. Marylou too bad your day off wasn't for relaxing. The week will be over soon.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old January 8th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Thanks Michelle, I really needed those pics today! High here in Montreal today is -28, with a wind chill factor of -35!! I think when it gets that low, it doesn't matter whether it's Celcius or Farenheit, it's all the same - COLD!!
I think I will even pass on walking the dog today, it's cruel to make her go out there!
In fact, I'm even giving my son a lift to school today, it's cruel to make him walk too!
Hope the rest of you are a little warmer....

donna

Old January 8th, 2004, 08:35 AM
First Mate

ok it is -20 (don't know what the wind chill is) here in Ont. & tomorro it iwill be -40 ( + wind chill).way too cold!! the kids have to walk to school & were they ever bundled,even the dog didn't want to go out! well I leave tomorrow @ midnite ...thank goodness fun & sun for a week .I hope it gets better here before we get back!!
Old January 8th, 2004, 08:45 AM
L&S80

Mornin' from the slightly warmer Pacific Northwest........started raining last night....still snow but at least it isn't freezing anymore.
Chuck.......how's the weather in Portland??? We have to be down that way Saturday so I hope you are thawing out.....we don't wanna slide off the roads.

Sharon

Old January 8th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Florida where you know what the weather is like so I won't go on about it. :-)

It's hard to believe they make the kids walk to school in those below zero temps. I think they often close schools in WI when the wind chills are down that low.

Mike, got a chuckle out of your post. Don't want to go there though.

Not much going on here. Just another quiet day in Paradise.

My hubby has to make a major decision about his job before the end of the month so there could be some big changes here. Makes like interesting to say the least.

Lisa, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Michelle, thanks for the pictures. They're beautiful. Remember it's ok to put cruise pictures in the gallery so you don't have to down size all of them.

Take care all
Phyll

Old January 8th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: It's Thursday...so Good Morning!

Good Morning CMs, It is cool here, but nothing like you all up north are having. So glad we don't live there anymore. After 27 years in SE Florida, I am sooooo spolied!! Our guest bedroom will be occupied this weekend, daughter and husband are coming in for a visit! Hope you all have a good day, stay safe and warm.
Sassy have a great cruise, hope you can soak up a lot of warmth and bring it back north with you on your return. Michelle thanks for the beautiful pics.

Jeanne
PS thanks Mike for the instructions I now have my little panda smiling at you all.

Post Edited (01-08-04 08:35)
Old January 8th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Admiral

TEST, Morning Mates.
Working on a alterative photo posting site for all us. Awaiting permission and confirmations.
This is a test and only a test, had it been a actual alert you would have been….This completes this test…..lol
This is an actual painting hanging in my house.

Not working well, is it?

Post Edited (01-08-04 09:21)
and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old January 8th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: It's Thursday...so Good Morning!

Phyll,

What I mean by downsizing my pics is changing the pixel size to 300 x 400 so I can actually put them in the gallery. I have a lot of pics so it's time-consuming.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 8th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: It's Thursday...so Good Morning!

Good morning mates....have been up and out already. Had my job interview yesterday and now I am waiting to hear if they will hire me. Just turned the heat on, it is very cold here in south west Florida....to me anyway. It's 71 in the house which means too cold..so the got turned on and I just put on a sweater.

Phyll, I hope the job thing will turn out to be a blessing for you and Jake...
Michelle thank you for the nice pictures and Jason I am very curious about the other picture site ...My inlaws are leaving saturday morning but we only saw the a few times anyway..oh well...........I am wondering when my mother in law from the other side is coming back, I miss her....

Take care guys...........

Old January 8th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Temperatures are rising in Calgary. Above freezing today, and could see the 40s F by tomorrow. We're happy to get out of the deep freeze.

Got to sleep in this morning... but now heading to Costco for supplies for work. I make this jaunt every two weeks, and I'm always amazed at how much stuff I can cram into my Camaro.