Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Default Look Out! We are going cruise clothes shopping!

My girlfriend is coming into town from Williamstown, MA on Saturday and we are going to hit the Holyoke Mall. Mostly need clothes for her kids - they are growing like weeds so she didn't want to buy anything to far in advance. No problem buying for her son, boy's are sooo easy. Its the 13yr old daughter who is going to be a challenge, she is so picky. Its there first cruise so i am basically going for moral support and cruise fashion advise. Any suggestions for a petite 13yr old girl for formal nights would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Beth L

Default Re: Look Out! We are going cruise clothes shopping!

Lisa:

I have no children, so I cannot give you advice on buying for a teenage 13 year old, however, I too am going shopping this weekend for my cruise (March 13-20 Navigator of the Seas).

My boyfriend and I have a list and we check off things as we get them, it makes it easier on the checkbook and fun because we can buy things a little at a time.

We only need to get sunglasses, new jogging shoes, some more gym clothes, I need a tote bag for the beach, some books and magazines, and a digital camera.

Happy hunting!

Beth L.

It is cold and snowing in Columbus, Ohio -- I am ready for the islands!!
Old January 8th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Well, I have a petite 13 year old daughter and she wanted to buy a prom like dress for formal night but was way to tiny to fit into any of them. We ended up getting two dresses for her though that I think will work out just fine. The one was from Pennys and it is a velvet tank dress with a sheer jacket to go over the top. The other was was from Kohls and it is a simple black dress with spaghetti staps. She is going to wear my beaded scarf with it to add some sparkle. I also got her a black beaded choker and a pair of 1928 earrings to match. I hope this helps you out.

Enchantment Of The Seas

Explorer of the Seas Winter Get Away -- back to the aft cabin
Old January 8th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Admiral

That sounds right. 13-year-olds tend to want to dress "older" than they are. So something "sophisticated" should work.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 8th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Admiral

excellent suggestions! thanks
Old January 8th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

Oh! The Holyoke Mall! Thats the mall wed hit growing up and whenever Im back home, the mall I try to go to. Its the closest mall and still 1.5 hours away!

Have fun!

karen
Old January 8th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

I took my 13 year old daughter on her first cruise last month. Actually she found her own dress at Penney's. I couldn't believe I actually liked it and she did a very good job. The good news is that a lot of the department stores are having sales from the holiday season so you will probably pick up something inexpensive. My daughter wore mostly sun dresses during the day, that way she didn't have to change for dinner.