Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Mary VG

Default Norwegian Cruise from Hawaii

Hi Folks,
Do not even consider cruising on Norwegian Cruise Lines from Honolulu
Bad food WE went 3000 miles on the cruise to nowhere Never again will we sail on this cruise lines I wrote a letter telling of our bad experience never got a response. 75% of the passengers we very upset and disappointed IT WAS THE CRUISE FROM HELL
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Norwegian Cruise from Hawaii

Mary...
Not to make "light" of what was a cruise experience you obviously didn't enjoy, but.....
It always amazes me how many "CRUISES FROM HELL" that are reported, and then described in detail in 4 sentences. Just sort of bewilders me; maybe part of it is that no matter how long a cruise I've taken, I've never had the time to talk to 75% of the passengers to find out how they feel.

Perhaps if you could supply some more detail of your experience it'd be easier for us to understand why you are so upset.

Old January 9th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Passenger

Hi there. When you booked this cruise did you not know the ports you would be visiting, and the number of sea days involved (I assume you went to Fanning Island). Was the weather bad? Something must have happened for it to be the trip from hell.

We are thinking of booking this cruise BECAUSE of the number of sea days involved. WHat time of year did you cruise?

Did you not like the freestyle dining?

Terry
Old January 9th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Admiral

Until NCL starts sailing its American fagged ships in Hawaii the big downside is that a third or more of the cruise is spent sailing to and from Fanning Island . This is not NCL's fault it is a fact of US maritime law.
If you expected 7 days of sailng and stopping in Hawaiin waters and ports then you didn't pay too much attention to what it was that you booked.
You don;t mention weather , service , entertainment or facilities and amenities as being a problem. So short of that, and your apparent distaste for the cuisine, your problem was the Fanning Island side trip. Are you saying that 75% of the passengers didn't know that they were going to Fanning Island?
Can you be more specific about your food gripe. Did you not like the Freestyle Dining?
Which meals were "bad"?
Your comments are quite harsh and may very well be well founded. But, before you state that you will never sail NCL again and state that a cruise was "FROM HELL", you should be much more specific so we can judge for ourselves your perspective in making these statements. I look forward to a future post written a bit more objectively so we can all learn from the specifics of you experience.
I have sailed NCL from Honolulu on an 11 day round trip on NCL's Wind and found it to be extremely enjoyable.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience and hope that if you choose to cruise again your next one will be better.
Old January 9th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Pappa Bill could not have said it better.There is so much to do and eat at different places on a ship, how could you not have found something you liked.
Auguste
Old January 9th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Cruise from Hawaii

Word in first sentence above should be FLAGGED. So who said I could type?