Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Coffee´s on! Happy Sunday!

I love being able to sleep in, wake up and have coffee already waiting for me. I´m easy to please, aren´t I?

It´s POURING outside! Dh said Toby was outside for about 3 minutes, came back in and was drenched. A two towel dry off for a dog slightly larger than a guinea pig. aMazing.

The confirmation arrived yesterday for an upcoming land cruise. A good friend of mine and I got a weekend at a spa resort for Christmas from our hubbies. We´re going from the 21. - 23 of Feb. and are so looking forward to it! It´ll be a good way to beat the winter blues.

We´ve got big plans for Toby this afternoon. Toby is a ball fanatic and is famous for how she works a soccer ball. The local soccer coach found out about Toby and invited us to come to a practice. We´ll use a squeaky toy for her to know which goal she has to get the ball to and see how she does against the junior team! I´ve been working with a squeaker with her on and off this week and she´s done well. Should be a funny and muddy experience! Hope the rain lets up by then.

Off to get some laundry done. If anyone has the magic wand that is for getting laundry done, quit hogging it. I need it!

Enjoy whatever it is you have to do today!

karen
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Coffee´s on! Happy Sunday!

Good morning, all! Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd check out the boards...

Beautiful sunny Southern California weather in store, as usual! Althought we had our share of rain lately, poured and blowing wind on Christmas Day, the first time in 20 years, they say!

We had a great time at Universal Studios yesterday! Beautiful weather, really enjoyed the rides and shows, especially the Blues Brothers show....of course we got the "looks" from our 2 dogs and 2 cats for being gone all day...

Have a great day, everyone!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old January 11th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Yeoman

BRRRR........... from Fla,
Sorry, just have to whine. I hate the cold. I know, toughen up, when those of you up North are in the single digits and below 0. Actually the sun is out again so hopefully it will warm up. We had the winds here too. Anyway, need next cup of coffee. Karen, take a picture if you can of Toby. That sounds too cute! Mike, hang in there. Anyway, am in the process of planning a Cruisemates lunch in Tampa in March when Seahunks and the MMrs. Seahunks come to town. Anyone care to join us? It will be at the Columbia restaurant in Tampa. Will post more info but looks like March 6th ( Steve, hope I have the right date) around 1pm We all had a blast in Orlando and now for those of us suffering cruise withdrawel, lack of cruises booked or post cruise depression this could be the cure. Have a great day
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old January 11th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Karen, Mike, Sue, Jean and all the CruiseMates to follow. Karen, my best friend's husband was named "Soccer Coach of the Year" here in PA.....would you like me to see if I can get Toby a position on his team? . BTW, the spa sounds wonderful. Mike, good luck at Northwestern and remember, your yellow sky is still more interesting than this gray we have all the time! Sue, enjoy your lunch at the beach, it sounds heavenly! And Jean, I'm envious of that sunshine you spoke of!
It was 4 degrees yesterday as we went north dress hunting. The day was successful for me...I found my dress! And it is exactly what I wanted (sort of). So that is one major thing to check off my list of "To Do's" except for the alterations. Today we pick the menu .....so that will be another major chore done.
Have a wonderful Sunday and stay warm!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 11th, 2004, 07:07 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Guess I'm not the only early bird! We are having a sort of "heat wave" will be close to 40 today, which will help get the rest of the ice off my driveway!

I have to do major car cleaning today, got a call late yesterday that I have to pick up my next car tomorrow afternoon. I hate changing cars in the winter but really shouldn't whine as VW's car program is great. I still can't believe that they extend it to retiree's, too. I didn't get much of a choice so it's silver again and this time a Golf, but a Turbo!

After that I think I'll go to Fanny Mae and stock up on some candy!!! I'm meeting 3 friends this week for dinner and in Dec. we agreed no gifts so all three of them show up with things and I was the scrooge. I'll buy each of them some candy! I'm going to miss Fanny Mae!

Well, have to get to the car wash before the rest of world does, with the high temps it will be crowded!

Have a great day everyone!

Susie
Old January 11th, 2004, 08:30 AM
First Mate

Good morning all. I am so excited. I just put a hold on a cabin for Grand Princess for northern Europe - Baltic - Russia, for July 28. I have been looking forward to this for years. We decided that since we were splurging anyway, we would go for the balcony. Actually, I decided, hubby is not big on traveling, but will usually accompany me and then has a great time. However, he can only handle a cruise every two years, so I am thinking about cruising with friends in between. I have never tried that before. Thanks for all your help. Have to do airfare now. Hope I can use frequent flier miles.

Karen the spa sounds great. Mike, best of luck tomorrow. I know what testing can be like. Your packing strategy sounds okay to me, but I would add an extra shirt or sweater in case you spill something while eating. Unless, of course, your are planning to eat in your room in your underwear with room service. lol. Sue, I cannot believe you are going to the beach!!!! You are so lucky!!!! Absorb some sun and warmth for me please. I love the beach, even in winter, but here in New Jersey today is too cold for even me. And Mary Lou, you must be thrilled that you found your dress. Have fun with the menu. Susie, I always wonder why people agree on no gifts and then show up with something. I now sometimes keep something in the car just in case that happens.

Have a great day all. I am really enjoying this site. But I am not sure if hubby is so happy with it as it just feeds my cruise addiction.

Bobbie
Old January 11th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the Arizona desert where we topped out at a beautiful 79 degrees yesterday and are looking for more of the same today. I'm just finishing up my wonderful Costa Rican coffee, waiting for my Costa Rican husband to get up out of bed.

Anne, you know that after the last lunch get-together in Orlando I couldn't think of anything any more fun! But, alas, that's too close to our departure date of 3/28/03 for our Panama Canal cruise for me to take off a Friday or a Monday to go to Florida for the weekend. But I'll be there in spirit with you. E-mail me your cell phone # and I can call you during the luncheon and join you via long distance!

Happy football-watching everyone!

Old January 11th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal, where it has warmed up (?) to only -16 today! It's a little more bearable than the last few days, but now it's supposed to snow for 2 days... sigh.....
Karen, I'd love to see Toby play soccer, must be quite a sight, especially since she's about the same size as the socer ball!
Mike, if the sky were yellow here, it might mean the sun was out, instead, my sky is white today - with snow! Good luck with your Dr. appt. tomorrow....
Sue, going to the beach for lunch sounds like a good plan to me, have fun!
ML, congratulations on finding the right dress! Feels good doesn't it?
Bobbie, congratulations on your booking the Golden! We were supposed to be on the Golden this week, but had to cancel last summer when my hubby's job was hanging in the balance. All is well now, and we're waiting anxiously for the QM2 in Nov!

Friday was my daughter's 20th birthday, and today we are having a family dinner to celebrate. So, lots of cleaning up and preparations to do, and I'd better get started.....

donna

Old January 11th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates from the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. Yesterday was a beautiful warm day here for mid winter, and hoping for a repeat today.

Kuki Jr is covering at work for me today, so a day off..... Football!

Will pop over to my folks place later on and see if they need any help finishing of their preparations for their Hawaii trip (they leave Thurs. for 6 weeks). They're both excited and nervous about going. Just have to hope their health holds up so they can enjoy themselves.

Sam has an appointment at the vet this week to become Sam EEEEHHHH that smarts.

11 days til I head to Florida, 14 til the Cruisemates Spirit cruise! Getting PSYCHED. Booked to play golf at Doral's Blue Monster on one of our Miami days. Can't wait!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 11th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Ahhh, Sunday! A sleepless night due to hip pain (17 days to go until the new one!) so coffee and Vicodin, catnaps on the couch (with the cat), too much snow outside to chance walking anywhere, not that I could.

Have never had any health problems until the last 2 years - got the new knee last Feb. after 2 years of pain, then this hip went whacky. Got my computer in Dec. of 2002, knowing I'd be laid up for a few months with the knee, thinking it would pass some time, I'd learn a few things, play some games and generally occupy some time.

Never thought I'd find a group like this - you've all saved my (what's left of) sanity, provided laughs, support, information, tears and well wishes. I feel like you're all neighbors.

Have a great Sunday - 4 weeks from today I should be back home with new parts and a new attitude. Thanks for the support!
Old January 11th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good almost afternoon from Orlando. Had a nice dinner with the family last night to celebrate Dad's 85th! The lobsters were wonderful and my sister made a tirimisu that everyone said was wonderful....I didn't partake since I'd already gone off my meal plan with lots of melted butter for the lobster.....I find I'm getting picky about where I want to spend my calories.
Anne, March 6th will probably work for me. I'll bring pictures of our Alaska trip on the Vision.
Bobbie E. where at the Jersey shore are you? We spent lots of summers in Seaside Park and my brother lives in Point Pleasant.
Angela Z.
Old January 11th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a cool slightly foggy San Jose CA------still wondering where the rain is ?????
Not much going on around here---- off to work I go in a few---- did enjoy my morning coffee-- cheers to you all with it and then some---
Wishing everyone well-- take care-- be good
Cheers
April
Old January 11th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Well can't say Good morning, missed that by 42 minutes. So Happy Sunday to you all.

Started for Costco yesterday and low and behold got bitten by the extreme cold, my battery was dead in the car. By the time we jumped it, got to Sears to buy a new one and got it installed, Costco was just a blip on the screen. So gonna try it again today.

Glad you found a dress ML, hope the tests find a fix for your yellow skies Mike, Belique glad we could help and good luck on the replacement parts. Susan don't envy you having to clean out the car in the cold, but the thought of a new car is pretty nice and Jennifer I'm learning to HATE you. (just kiddin) Just want some of your warm weather.\

Kuki wish your parents a Safe Trip for me please. Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old January 11th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good afternoon everyone!!! Cloudy and cold again here, but we will break the freezing mark today!

Time to go and do some laundry!

Old January 11th, 2004, 12:49 PM
First Mate

Angela,
I actually live in Bergen County, northern New Jersey, near New York City. I grew up in Massachusetts and when I talk of the shore I am usually referring to Maine, my favorite place in the world, or Cape Cod. We go to the Jersey Shore occasionally. I like Spring Lake best for close to here and Wildwood Crest if we want to go further.
Bobbie