Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Wake up! Itīs Monday!

And, as always, the coffeeīs hot! I donīt know about you but this is going to be a 3 cup morning for me.

I woke up to the Bee Gees this morning and automatically thought about Donna! Looks like the two have formed the Gibb Brothers and, according to the news, a CD will be released this year.

Toby has definite soccer potential! Yesterdayīs trial was so much fun! Loaded with about 10$ worth of squeaky toys, I knelt behind the goal and got Toby to head the ball into it. Her reward was being able to "kill" the squeaker. Once the kids got out onto the field, it was more difficult for her but she managed to get the ball in the goal nonetheless. Incredible! I took pictures but all you see are two white streaks. My digital camera is just not fast enough. Dh took some on his 35mm so hopefully I can get those scanned and post them here.

Today I have a ton of errands to run and the enthusiasm of a speed bump.

Enjoy whatever it is you have to do today.

Thinking good thoughts for Mike.

karen
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Wake up! Itīs Monday!

Good morning Karen! I would love to see soem pics of Toby playing soccer!

Just about to go to bed here.......listening to the wailing and gnashing of teeth after the Packers blew it is bad enough.......now I have to survive tomorrow at work

I hope everyone has a great day!

Old January 12th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning Karen, Lisa and all the CruiseMates to follow. I will never understand how Saturday and Sunday have fewer hours per day than Monday through Friday! I ran around all weekend and do not feel as though I even had two days off. Boy, do I need a cruise! It actually felt warm this morning...up to 40 degrees. Big improvement over 4 on Saturday. Have a wonderful Monday!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 12th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando....glad to hear it's warming up for you Mary Lou....how did the menu planning for the wedding turn out?
Angela Z., who's already looking forward to being off next Monday
Old January 12th, 2004, 06:16 AM
First Mate

Good morning all
It's off to work and then grocery shopping today. It was too cold to do it over the weekend! Mike, good luck today. Hope everyone has a good day.
Bobbie
Old January 12th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. It's supposed to be mild this week according to the weather people. We'll see.Have a great day and I'll see ya on the boards.
Old January 12th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates

A cloudy, cool morning here, but things are warming up and the sun should be out later. When the cold weather hit this weekend, I wondered if Kuki was in town.

ML, that weekend clock is the same one that we have on the cruiseships. I just don't understand it. Glad to hear you found your dress and that the food has been planned for the reception.

Karen, I would have loved to have been there to see Toby. That sounds so fun. Hope we can see some pictures of her.

Lisa, what a bummer that the Packers lost! I'm glad the Patriots are still in there. Now I'll just have to continue to root for them.

Hope you all have a good day. Mike you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Phyll

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Morning all from the frozen tundra of Florida. This cold weather has got to go! I know, I know, you folks north of the Georgia line are probably saying, "Cold? Cold?, You can't handle the cold!"

Was up late last night talking to my sisters who drove out to Dad's in Missouri to try to convince him to get his dialysis done. He's suppose to be doing it 3 times a week until his blood clears up enough to continue with the other half of his surgical treatment, but the old fart would rather drink booze than get the treatment done. He only made one of the dialysis treatments last week and the doctor said his heart will stop in a couple of days if he doesn't get it done.

So my sisters drove out there to twist his arm. They got the booze out of his house and now he seems to be more encouraged to live.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 12th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruise Mates.

MaryLou, I certainly know what you mean about the weekend days being shorter than the ones at work, and Phyll, you're right about the cruising days being from the same bunch!

Karen, I can't wait to see pictures of Toby playing soccer.

Lisa, I was agonizing right along with you yesterday with the Pack's loss!

Angela, those of us in the private sector who don't have a holiday next Monday don't want to hear about it! !

Thomas, here's praying that your dad come to his senses and take care of his health so that you, his children, don't have to worry so much.

I'm off to work! Catch you later!

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Wake up! Itīs Monday!

Good morning from frozen Florida.....Had a nice day yesterday, lunch near the beach and afterward a walk with friends and all the kids on the beach. I can't believe some people have bathing suits on, tourists are funny ....

My mind wants to be fruity again this morning and I am fighting this. I hate this state and wish it would go away....

I promissed my husband I would finally research our christmas cruise this morning. Plus I want to log on to the web sites that have virtual tours of the staterooms. I am very hesitant to spend so much money because it is over christmas but I think we might just do it.

Have a great day mates..Mike you are in my prayers..Thomas I hope your dad will listen to his doctor but you do know the saying: "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" Be blessed................

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal where slightly warmer temps mean more snow...then it will be the deep freeze for the rest of the week. I can't wait for Spring!
Karen, I'd love to see the Toby pics too, must've been quite a sight!
Sue, if you're gonna do a Christmas cruise, I would suggest "Skipping Christmas" like in the book, but that may be hard with 2 young kids!
Thomas, good luck with the old man, it sounds like you have your hands full..
And again, Karen, thanks for thinking of me (about the Bee Gees) today. It was one year ago today that Maruice Gibb passed away, and I am still in mourning. I am very anxious to hear when and if Barry and Robin will record again. If any of you in Florida, particularly Miami, see any newspaper items about this today, I'd appreciate a link. We don't get a whole lot of news here....

donna

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:48 AM
L&S80

Mornin' all from the bit warmer Pacific Northwest.........up to low 40's.......is it February yet?????? <S>

Hope all are doing better........so many folks & family feeling ill.....all of you are in our prayers............

Sharon

Old January 12th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Admiral

GMCM =

Sue, at one time, I was one of those tourists.

"Florida cold snaps? PFFFFT! It's my winter vacation, I'm in Florida, and I'm going to dress like it's warm!"
Several years running, I made it my habit to swim at Daytona Beach on my birthday in February. One year the temp was close to 90, other years closer to 70. That water can be cold, regardless of air temp. And when you come back to shore soaking wet, in the seabreeze...there is such thing as a Florida windchill. And it was still better than being in Ohio during February.

Have a great day, all!

Steve

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03
Inspiration 3/04
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 to Hawaii, Where God left his fingerprints, in memory of Margaret.
Sensation 03/07
Carnival Freedom (March 08)
\X\Mercury (January 09)
Old January 12th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning from (once again) snowy Long Island. At least this time there is only about an inch or so. I absolutely hate snow.

Anyway it's off to work I go and I guess I had better leave a few minutes early.

Thomas, hope it all works out for you. Remember we are all here for you. Good luck.

Carnival Glory
Old January 12th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Admiral

But I don't want to wake up! Dang, too late.

I'm working on the cruise pictures and should have them up in a day or two along with the story. Sorry to keep anyone waiting.

Have a great day everyone. Stay warm!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 12th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

GMCMs,

Another Monday, where does the weekends go to??
Mike you are in my prayers,
Sue, try to keep busy and planing that Christmas cruise sounds like a really good idea, thats what i do when I get those lousy feelings.
Thomas, it sounds like your Dad was just trying to get the attention of you all, if he has done a turn around since your sisters arrived. Sometimes these older folks just need to know they are still loved, no matter how cantankerous they get.
Donna, BGs are one of our favorite groups also, we will keep an eye open for any news about them today.
Karen, looking forward to seeing Toby paly socker!
Have a good Monday everyone.

Jeanne

Old January 12th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Weather in Calgary is "middlin" not cold, not warm. Now I have a "cowd", likely with the change in weather I wasn't as careful "bundling up". Off to work shortly to sneeze on staff and customers.

Thomas.. I see too many folks where alcohol runs their lives, and their deaths. Hope your father can snap out of it in time.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 12th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
In the 70's today in S. Fl..
Good luck goes out to Mike, this morning.
Thomas, glad father is coming about. Also, I just realized, your Mom still has 1 good Boob (He runs a restaurant and has a great sense of humor).lol
I will be bouncing in and out occasionally. I’m working on the Photo project.

Post Edited (01-12-04 09:06)
and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old January 12th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from snowy Massachusetts, we got a couple of inches of the white stuff overnight - 1 hr school delay for RJ. Deep Freeze has broken for a couple of days at least. Started organizing the clothes & things for the 2/14/04 cruise on the Golden Princess. I am airing out the suitcases, getting itchy to start packing!

GOLDEN PRINCESS 2/14/04!
Old January 12th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Another cloudy day here too, but temps already at 30, so thats always nice for Jan.

Off to dr.'s appt. soon, hoping for some good news, I feel great!

Everyone, have a good week :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 12th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Another Monday already--- ??? where are the days going ?
Yes it looks as if it might be at least a 3 cup of coffee morning--- not even cold here but is sure is tasting pretty good this morning-----
Off to work I go----- another new day and counting down to our company party-- cant even call it a hoilday one-- ??? since its on the 24th of Jan-----not complaining because at least we are having one and the prizes are worth going for alone-- just home I win a nice one------- everyone does get something-----
Wishing everyone well -- keep warm and have a good day
Cheers
April