Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2004, 01:51 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!

Well, it is Wednesday morning and I am so glad to say I only have two more evenings of work til I have off on Friday night. These last two nights have run me ragged.........let's just say full moons are not the only time the people go crazy!

I hope everyone has a great day......depending on which forecast/weather geek you listen to, we can expect anywhere form 1/2 inch to 3 inches of snow today sometime.......sure hope it is the lower end of the spectrum!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!

It's morning and yes, happy Wed. to all,
School cuts into my computer time so I don'y get a chance to read the posts till next morning usually. Welcome back Jack. I lost your email. See, I really am cyberspacically challenged. Anyway, glad to see you back. To all of you with snow, my 9 year old has to write a story about waking up here in Fl and seeing snow on the ground and deciding to build a snowman. It's a novel concept for a kid who doesn't remember snow deeper than him. Anyway, stay warm. Lisa, hanf\g in there. Sue, I will email you!!!
Karen, where's the coffee? I have to go find another cup
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old January 14th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning Lisa, Anne and all the CM's to follow. Lisa, we are to get that snow also....I can't wait! Just what I wanted..snow AND cold. Isn't life grand!?! I had thought once I got through year-end...my life would settle down here at work...no such luck!
There just are not enough hours in the day! So I'd better get this party started! Have a wonderful day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando......out the door and off to work!
Angela Z.
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:29 AM
VTJen

Good Morning from Vermont
It is 22 below zero here - closer to 40 below when wind is factored in. Tomorrow will be even colder! Can't wait to sail on Majesty of the Seas on March 8th. Wish it was tomorrow!
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning from VERY cold Long Island. Temps are in the single digits again and headed downwards towards 0. Couple that with the prospect of another 4" of snow that should be here by tomorrow AM and I'm just estatic. I'm looking for some Global warming or at least Northeast warming for sure.

It's off to work I go again, have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old January 14th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Well, I run the risk of getting run out of here on a rail, but here goes....

Good morning from the Arizona desert where right now, at 6:00 a.m., it's 61 degrees out. We should hit high 70's, close to 80 again today. It has been beautiful here for the last few days. I have been able to wear long sleeves for only about a week so far this winter. <VBEG>

Happy hump day Cruise Mates!

(edited due to baaaaad spelling!)

Post Edited (01-14-04 19:17)
Old January 14th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Admiral

BRRRRRRRRRR ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! You northerners are making my toes cold. Don't you all realize winter is optional? What I never understood is why the homeless people up there stay? I mean, sheeesh, jump on a freight train, hitchhike, or walk south! If you're sleeping under a bridge, why not a bridge in Florida, or Texas.

Haven't heard anything from my Dad yet on whether he stuck with his scheduled dialysis treatment yesterday. I suppose he probably did if my sisters were able to keep the alcohol away from him. It's been a lifelong struggle with alcoholism for my Dad as long as I can remember. He's now 75 and probably drank enough booze to float the Explorer.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 14th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Florida.

Sue, hope you are feeling better this morning.

Thomas, hope your dad continues to get the help he needs. How sad for all of you.

Frosty goes to daycare today, so once again I have a whole day to do whatever I want. It's nice enough to go to the beach. Would be nicer if there was someone to go with. Any of you in the freezing north want to come down?

Well hope it's a good one for you all. Hope your heaters keep working, your car keeps running and you all stay warm and safe.

Phyll

Old January 14th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

GMCMs,
Just finished my last cup of cafine till later on tomorrow. My doctor found something with my heart and i now have to have a nuclear stress test tomorrow. No caffine for 24 hours, don't know how I'll make it thru the day. Ahhhh the rust years, who said they were golden????
Sue, hang in there sweetie, I have been where you are now, and believe me it does get better. Sometimes it seems like you just can't make it, but we do, if not for ourselves for our loved ones, who need us.
Glad to see Kimjack back, was wondering where you went off to. Glad it wasn't anything serious.
Its chilly down here in SE FLorida also, but I'll take it over anything you have up north. Keep smiling and stay warm and safe.

Jeanne

Old January 14th, 2004, 07:51 AM
L&S80

Mornin' from the much warmer Pacific Northwest......it's 50 here already this morning....
guess ya neve know what the weather will do.....

Hope all of you in the cold warm up.......

tweety...........just keep thinking of the cruise......if that doesn't warm ya up nothing will...........<S>

Sharon

Old January 14th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Admiral

I pictured her shouldering a nuclear bomb through the streets of Baghdad with all these wires trailing behind.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 14th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisers. Wishing everyone a super day today.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 14th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates from balmy Calgary, Alberta. Warm Chinook winds are blowing, and the forecast has us heading to the high 50s F. Not hard to take mid January!

Off to work shortly, BUT

8 more sleeps and I'm out a here!

Old January 14th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from chilly Massachusetts, it was -5 this morning. Cruise is getting closer and closer, can't wait 1 month and counting!!

GOLDEN PRINCESS 2/14/04 - YIPEE
Old January 14th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Default Re: Re: Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!

Mike and Thomas, you are as bad as Ellis, telling me he'll be able to find me now in the dark as i will glow!!!

Jeanne

Old January 14th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Admiral

GMCM =

J&E, I had to be NPO from the midnight before my knee surgery in October. The first thing I wanted when I recovered from the anesth. was a big cup of coffee. I can't imagine going 24 hrs without it. So good luck.

Tonight Chris will be NPO. She's having shoulder surgery tomorrow. She told me to drop her off at 530 in the morning and she'll call me when she's ready to come home.
It isn't often I have to put my foot down, but I looked her straight in her blue eyes and told her, "NO WAY!"

After 14+ years, you'd think she knows me better. Is she still that blonde? I'll be there when she goes into and comes out of the operating room.--There is a Tim Hortons in the hospital lobby and they serve coffee the way I like it, black and unsweetened--just the way God drinks his. I'll sip that while I read "Deep Blue."

Have a great day, all!

Steve

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03
Inspiration 3/04
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 to Hawaii, Where God left his fingerprints, in memory of Margaret.
Sensation 03/07
Carnival Freedom (March 08)
\X\Mercury (January 09)
Old January 14th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates from swfl.......This morning I went for a long walk with our little dog and it did me good. I don't want to feel blue anymore and just give things to my God and pray it will get better

Jeanne I had the same test done in the summer when I was so sick. They found nothing <YEAH> but I was so nervous taking the test. But it turned out to be okay and my prayers are going out to you.

Phyll I go with you on the beach! Thanks for the phone call...I was in bed early and my husband watched a family movie with the girls

Thomas your Dad sounds a lot like mine I wish you all the luck getting him to do the treatments....

Take care mates..Mike where are my pink glasses???????????

Old January 14th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
Going through the Audits this morning with the Boss…how fun that was….its all my fault…. I’ll have it corrected by lunch….You’re the best boss in the world…. And the check is in the mail… Blah blah blah…
Anyway, a gorgeous day. 70’s not a cloud to be found. Everyone have a great Wednesday!

Post Edited (01-14-04 10:14)
and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old January 14th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Mike what are you talking about? Are you losing it? I didn't say anything..... look at my post.lol

(Who also found the edit link)

Old January 14th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Mike, Dratsarabuflubin@#$&%^*! I'll put a post-it note over my post edited line....lol

Old January 14th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning gang---- still having that touch of fog-- but not complaining out the weather-- still says chance of rain today but they have been saying that for over a week-- will believe it when I see it--hahahah
Jennifer--- I love your weather report-- because I think of my daughter in Scottdale---- lucky you-------
Off to work I go----- nice to have a place to get away too----- bringing the cookies that I made yesterday-peanut butter kiss--- seems I'm the only one who bakes anymore--???--- I love to bake and give away--- at least thats what my husband and son say-- when they ask-- were are those cookies or browies you made------ at least when I do that I dont eat them--lol---
Cheers to you all with my morning coffee-----
Think of you Sue-- hope today is better-- been there myself
April