CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   POLL what do you take with you... meds (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/266812-poll-what-do-you-take-you-meds.html)

phillygirl January 18th, 2004 12:10 PM

POLL what do you take with you... meds

I always bring a travel pack full of all sorts of medicines just in case.

Pepcid
Peptobismol
Imodium
Benedrly
Hydrocortizone Cream
Dramamin
Tylenol
Bandaids
Neosporine
and
Nozema

I am wondering what everyone else brings or is this just me?

deppong3 January 18th, 2004 12:47 PM

Re: POLL what do you take with you... meds

asprin
migraine medicine
birth control
cold medicine
swimmers ear medicine

GippyP January 18th, 2004 01:31 PM

I am a total spaz about meds when leaving the country. I take everything "just in case". I am even going to take some phenergan (anti-emetic, or anti nausea) that is prescribed to apply to your wrists if sea sick. This stuff is awesome. You just rub it in like perfume, and works within 5 minutes. ( And way cheaper than the $400 for the ship Dr. to give you and injection.) The only problem is that you have to find a pharmaceutical compoundist to make it up. I would just hate to say "I wish I would have brought ____" . Better safe than sorry!

Harry Martin January 18th, 2004 02:04 PM

Having just done this yesterday, add to our list Simply Sleep, Bonine and Nyquil <--- take it and a rocking ship, and you are night-night in nothing flat.

Harry

Tweety January 18th, 2004 02:35 PM

Well with 'da Coot'.....I'm with you Mike, not going near this.

rollerdonna January 18th, 2004 03:54 PM

#1 has got to be Gravol (aka Dramamine, Bonine). Can't even get on the plane without it, but strangely enough, have never needed it onboard the ship. The other best thing I packed was a big bottle of Aloe Vera gel, which comes in handy when my sun-deprived body gets too much all in one day! Other than that, it's the essential heart meds, daily vitamins, and a basic first aid kit.

donna

Set4cruz January 18th, 2004 04:56 PM

The same! We cruise in February and I just went through the drugs to make sure I had everything. All stocked and ready to go!

pg. January 18th, 2004 06:59 PM

All above, LOL, usaully don't need much, but at least I have it!

BobbieE January 19th, 2004 07:26 AM

LOL Mike, I understand totally. I think my meds consume half of my carry-on. Then I also need all my hair products, which take up the other half. I also try to bring an antiibiotic, if I can, and prescription pain meds. Thank God, I have never needed them while out of the country, but I feel safer that way. I also bring a list of the generic names of all my meds, since they are not always called the same things in other countries. Once again, thank God, I have never needed that but would rather be safe than sorry.
Bobbie

LisaK January 19th, 2004 09:03 AM

Ibuprofen
Sudafed
Rolaids
Bonine
Ginger Capsules
Prescription Meds

jakieemma January 19th, 2004 12:19 PM

Vicodin