Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Another reason to cruise over land vacation

Today I went to Walt Disney World with my nephew and sis-in-law. We went to Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom. I left with $100 and came home with $5. AND I GOT IN FREE!!! Just one day for one person and it cost me $95!!! We ate at the Rainforest Cafe and just my bill was $51 (app. $8, entree $22, drinks $18(4 beers)). If I didn't live here and wanted to vacation at disney just spending money for one person would be $700 - the cost of a cruise. Could you imagine how nice of a cruise I could go on if you throw in a moderate hotel ($1000), 3 meals a day at average of $15 each for 4 ($1260), rental car ($500), 4 day 4 park passes for 4 ($800) - up to $3560 not including airfare or spending money for momentos or money you will spend in parks. Now think about this - you can go on a great cruise, not have to agree on doing the same thing at the same time on the same day, knowing your kids can't get lost, much better food choices, etc....

Why would anyone not want to cruise?

Also today I found out that I have muscles in places that I didn't know existed - and boy do they ache.

Still no word on job - I have a feeling I am going to get the "overqualified" denial again.

Jodi

Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2004, 07:17 PM
cruisinKandJ

Default Re: Another reason to cruise over land vacation

So many people talk about which is better, the ship or the itinerary? Well, it's both. I think the biggest benefit of cruising--inaddition to your ship's wonderful surroundings--is that you get to go to so many places and cultures all over the world on just one cruise. And that alone can stimulate future travel. If you go to Disney, you just get to see Disney, if you go to Palm Springs, you just get to see that and its surrounds, same with 'Vegas.

J.
Old January 19th, 2004, 08:42 PM
dee-lynn

TA said the same thing himself today when we booked our cruise. Just imagine the $$$ spent on a hotel, a broadway show, and dinner for a couple...mega bucks...$$$!!!
Old January 19th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Admiral

So.....what did you end up booking, Dee Lynn?

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old January 20th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Another reason to cruise over land vacation

I see no reason why you can't both cruise and take land vacations. We love them both. If omeone hasn't seen our national parks including the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Yosemete, Bryce Canyon and Zion, they need to do so.
Old January 20th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Admiral

I did a land cruise last summer with my mother who said she always wanted to see the West. So we met in Denver and rented an RV and drove around and camped in State Parks. It was a lot of fun, but for what it cost us in gas, camping fees, entrance fees, food and rental, it too was more expensive than a cruise. But it was nice to be able to unpack once and still visit many places like cruising.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 20th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Another reason to cruise over land vacation

We take land cruises to Vegas and visit places in Arizona, Colorado, Utah and New Mexico in between our sea cruises. We drive in a Buick Park Avenue that gets 30 mpg on the cheapest gas available and stay in nice but reasonable motels. The gambling in Vegas is about the same as it would be on a ship, and rooms and food can be a bargain if you plan carefully. The cost is comparable to cruising for us.

We love taking both kinds of vacation.