Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Good Tuesday Morning

Good day all. Tuesday and another day closer to a cruise.
Made coffee but all the cups are in the dish washer .. bummer, will have to drink from the pot again.

Weather is supposed to be nice but I won't say the temps as our CruiseMates from the Northeast and Canada will hammer me into the ground ..

Have a great day.

Post Edited (01-20-04 03:03)

Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning Steve and all the CM's to follow. Happy Tuesday! Another very cold one in the "Burgh". We are expecting a high of 18.....I NEED A CRUISE! Am I repeating myself? The next month cannot go fast enough for me. Have a wonderful day folks.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 20th, 2004, 06:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where its chilly again.....I promise I'm not whining. I realize though I need some new sweaters as all mine look pretty dated.
Off to work but will be sure to catch General Hospital today....my brother in law has an under 5 lines part as a pirate! Should be fun.
Angela Z.
Old January 20th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Arizona desert, where we're having a little drizzle this morning, but probably not enough to measure. Temps have cooled off a little over the last few days, and I think we're only expecting about 64 for a high today. But, like the Floridians, I'm not complaining. I know a good thing when I see it! Happy Tuesday, Cruise Mates!

Old January 20th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning everyone. It's butt cold out here and I'm fresh out of beer. Kuki, you can keep your weather to yourself. {{grin}} Yes Y2C I too am another day closer to a cruise. Have a great (and hopefully warmer in your neck of the woods) day and I'll see you on the boards.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old January 20th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates. Good way to look at it, I too am another day closer to my next cruise even if it is still 118 days away. WOW that seems like an eternity, but it's better than having no cruise in the future.

Angela I'd loan you a sweater but mine are doing double duty this winter. Still bone chilling cold here, 18F at this moment, but actually that is the lesser of the problems. The forecast is for more snow AGAIN. They are saying flurries but our weatherman is a boldfaced liar, he seems never to get it right. Perhaps this time he will err and there will be no snow :-) You guys in Arizona and Florida enjoy your temperatures, it could be worse.....You could be living in the deep freeze that used to be known as the Northeast.

Steve how can you drink coffee in the middle of the night. I'd never get to sleep if I did that.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old January 20th, 2004, 07:47 AM
L&S80

Mornin' from the Pacific Northwest.........still warming here.......I feel for you Northeasterners.....honest......<S>
Is it February yet????? I'm with Marylou.......I need a crusie!!!!

Sharon

Old January 20th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Morning all from the chilly NE.........Florida that is. While it may be a bit colder today than the last few days I'll take it over the frozen north. Don't like scraping ice off the windshield every morning or driving in a cold car to work.

Think I got 2 new recipes completed last night at the restaurant for our special menu. That brings me to 5 new dishes. I'll have to give them the best test and let Mrs. Thomas critique them this week. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 20th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal, where we're back to the dreaded "wind chill factor temperatures." Gonna be a short walk for the dog today! It's one of those days where we are not even allowed to bring the children outside to play at the daycare because of the risk of frostbite and breathing difficulties. Tell me again, why do I live here?
I like Steve's attitude of "one day closer to your next cruise," but when your countdown clock says 291 days, that's not much comfort......

donna

Post Edited (01-20-04 07:54)
Old January 20th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Admiral

GMCM =

Fourteen here, with bright sunshine, feels like 4. So, when I drove Chris to work, in the dark, I dressed in layers. A thin fabric, insulated windbreaker over a flannel shirt,.over a t-shirt. I bottomed out with a pair of sweat pants, thick socks and sneakers. And to clear my windshield, contribute to the warming of my car interior and, hopefully, my globe, I let the Jeep heat up for a full 20 minutes in the driveway. Then, I drove Chris to work in toasty 21st century comfort.

So today's winter raspberry goes out to RFK-JR, Rachel Carson, Ralph Nader, etc. Lady and gentlemen, with all due repsect, PPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

Have a great day, all! :-)

Steve

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03
Inspiration 3/04
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 to Hawaii, Where God left his fingerprints, in memory of Margaret.
Sensation 03/07
Carnival Freedom (March 08)
\X\Mercury (January 09)
Old January 20th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny, cool, SE Florida.

Enjoyed my coffee at Dunkin Donuts already, and made a little trip to Walmart. (can't go a week without leaving some of my money there) Had to sew some buttons on a shirt for my brother. I'll be taking the shirt down to him when I go to the nursing home later to attend his staff planning meeting. Things are going well down there. It's just a long drive.

Not much else planned today. Tomorrow I get to meet Linda (Trip). I'm looking forward to that. We'll do a little shopping and lunch and of course cruise chatting.

I checked the Cape Cod Times this morning. I love the snow picture on the front page. Sure makes me homesick for the Cape. Doesn't matter if it's summer or winter.

Have a good one all.
Phyll

Old January 20th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning CMs, A cool day down here in SE Florida, but I'll take it. Hope you all have a good day. Stay warm.
Phyll, don't envy you having to drive on 95, with all the raod work going on.
Mark, if you lived closer we'd share our beer with you.

Jeanne

Old January 20th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning from chilly swfl....already did my walk, shopped etc...was busy. Tomorrow morning I am at the airport to pick up my girlfriend and she will stay until saturday morning...I am sure she wants to go to the beach..bbbrrr it will be too cold for this Floridian.......

Phyll have a great time with Linda...................

Old January 20th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers... yes, I still have a few minutes left in the morning.

I have acquired a terrible cold and am home sick. :P I just had one of these three weeks ago! How could this happen again? Bah.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 20th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Got to sleep in some this morning. Tuesdays Kuki Jr doessn't have class until 2, and wants to earn some extra money for a European Jaunt he and his girlfriend are planning for summer, so I let him go in and get the place open while I slept.

When I get in, the day is set to pay all the bills, and get my desk reasonably clear. Two days of work, two sleeps... and I'm GONE!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 20th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Admiral

How about a tuck-in for Michelle, to get her past her cold? Michelle, get your book, nestle down in the blankets.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ((tuck)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))

Now, get well.

Steve

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03
Inspiration 3/04
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 to Hawaii, Where God left his fingerprints, in memory of Margaret.
Sensation 03/07
Carnival Freedom (March 08)
\X\Mercury (January 09)
Old January 20th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone - it is 9 degrees here in SE Wisconsin and it is almost noon....wonder if we will hit our predicted high of 18 today?

Old January 20th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Captain

Good Morning Cruise Mates from BALMY Alaska!! It's 21F now after a couple of weeks of sub zero temps. Now the weather man said to expect freezing rain and flurries. Can't wait till summer.

Michelle, get lots of rest and hope your feeling better soon.

AKcruiser

Old January 20th, 2004, 12:53 PM
cruisinKandJ

A late good morning from an overcast and chilly SoCal. Guess what? I'm on the mend yet again. One mo' day cooling it, and then ease into normal life . . . haven't house cleaned in ages . . . same for ironing. Took the car to the mechanic this a.m., my first foray into the world for a few days. Actually, I got kind if scared; I thought I'd have to be hospitalized. Diabetes doesn't like the flu.

J.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C