CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   We're holding the election hostage again! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/266885-were-holding-election-hostage-again.html)

Thomas January 22nd, 2004 02:03 PM

We're holding the election hostage again!

The State of Florida is going to hold the Presidential election hostage again if you all up north continue on these low carb diets and not buy our oranges. Our industry is tanking, and it's all because of Atkins. If this continues, we're sending all your old people back !!

Regards,
Thomas

Lisa January 22nd, 2004 02:10 PM

Re: We're holding the election hostage again!

Thomas, I assure you I am doing my part to help the orange industry! I love my orange juice!!!

Jeanne&Ellis January 22nd, 2004 02:10 PM

I'll second that Thomas!!

BUDDY January 22nd, 2004 02:24 PM

My husband and I buy oranges and orange juice every week, so we're not part of the problem. We're looking to move to Florida and join the "Old People" there when we can retire and get out of the midwest (too cold here). Till then, HAPPY CRUISING.
Anita

Dorothy January 22nd, 2004 03:13 PM

I drink my juice everyday.

Actually, you can HAVE the elections, Thomas.

I'm with Anita, can't wait to be an old person in Florida.

Gotta run to the store and buy some FLORIDA oranges...

dorothy

Donna January 22nd, 2004 04:18 PM

Hi Thomas,
Me too, I love my oranges...Actually someone told me the vitamin C will promote healing and after having a major surgery 3 weeks ago, I've been eating and juicing oranges, love em! I'm not sure if it does actually help the healing process, but something is helping, I even went back to work this week and am doing great. So, I will continue to buy/eat oranges!

Set2cruz January 22nd, 2004 04:56 PM

Hey Thomas, my wife supports the industry every day with a glass of fresh squeezed (not from concentrate) orange juice. I on the otherhand have a Tequila Sunrise every day. We always drink Florida's Natural. (Free advertisement, please send my endorsement check) {{grin}}

Set2cruz January 22nd, 2004 07:52 PM

I think they will find more issues of health with that atkins diet. It definately can't be a long term thing! And who the heck can start their day without a big ole glass of OJ every morning. Thomas no threats now! We can threaten to come down and be a neighbor for the rest of your life!!! ;-)

Robin not Mark!!! LOL!!

dezertcruzer January 22nd, 2004 07:56 PM

Hey, guys! What about buying some of our Arizona oranges? We need the income too! <VBG>

sue January 23rd, 2004 06:55 AM

Re: Re: We're holding the election hostage again!

Thomas as you know I am a big fan of Atkins...I have lost another person<over 85lbs> now and my blood work is healthy.I get checked every month including kidney and liver funtions. The problem is not the OJ it is the sugar the industry adds in it! However I also read they are introducing an OJ without any sugar in it! If you look at some of the labels of the "healthy juices" you will faint how much junk is in it. I personally am allergic to oranges and can not drink any types of juices. But a no sugar juice is a great idea and I would give it to my kids :)

Seahunks January 23rd, 2004 07:09 AM

I have a bag, if not a crate, that reads Indian River Citrus. Mrs. cannot eat enough oranges, grapefruit, or tangerines. As a matter of fact, 2 nights ago, she made up a batch of cranberry and orange relish. Who says it's just for Thanksgiving?

In addition, I am currently getting ready for my third trip this year to the Sunshine State.
I certainly hope that between diet and tourism, my household is doing enough to ransom our electoral process. :-)

Steve

KimJack January 23rd, 2004 10:57 AM

Thomas, let's go ahead and screw up the election anyway. Them there yankees are just blowing smoke. Let's hang some more chads. If we get feely-touchy machines, we'll find some way to goof them up too. Hell hath no fury like a septuagenarian scorned!

Jack (who eats a Fla. grapefruit daily)