Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Yeoman

Default Good Sunday Morning

Hi gang,
It seems like light years since I have posted. This working full time definately cuts into my computer time. I can access this site from school but can't reply. And having to be at school at 6:30 am cuts into my ability to be coherent instead of babbling. Anyway, just got caught up on all the posts. Mike, you are too funny. I married a "teddy bear" too. Our joke now is that we will shave his back to put hair on his head as it is almost gone up there. Sue, thank so much once again for the prayers for Peter. He is doing much better and slept thru the night. He's sitting on my lap wanting to see more moose pictures. (Kuki) Hope all of you that met in Miami had a great time and Bon Voyage to all that are sailing. Harry, every once in a while they do those deals here in Fl. Usually its Carnival that does it. Angela, keep me posted on where your son is going this summer. I think one of our schools may be joining up with them. I am now down at a high school in St Pete teaching Spanish, Boca Ciega. And to my cruisemates friends that I have forgotten, I'm sorry, the brain is wide awake but the body is numb and calling for more coffee. Thought for the day: "There are no strangers in my life; only people I haven't met yet."
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good morning from another Floridian...Anne I am so glad Peter is doing better. So sorry we could not meet yesterday..but there will be another time. Went to Tampa yesterday and saw some cruiseships....I tried to sneak on one but they caught me <> I did manage to make some pictures and will put them up later today.

Everyone have a great sunday..I have to run and catch up with everyone else later....

Old January 25th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Good Sunday Morning Anne and Sue and all who follow. Anne, I hadn't heard that Peter was sick, but it's good to hear that he is doing better. Sue, isn't it bittersweet to go by a port and see those ships but not get on any of them?! Here in Arizona we're expecting a sunny, but cool, day. Right now at 6:50 a.m. it's only 50 degrees, and the forecast is for 60 or so. Have a great Sunday, everyone.

edited to add the following:
60 degrees and sun, huh! I just went outside with Oscar again (it's light out now) and the sky is completely overcast and it's raining! So much for the sun!

Post Edited (01-25-04 08:32)
Old January 25th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Admiral

WOW, everyone must be sleeping late this AM. Good morning Anne, Sue and all you sleepy Cruisemates, from up here on Long Island. We're watching the progression of this storm on TV right now. Seems it isn't going to get here till sometime tomorrow.

Can't imagine being Trip right now, she returned from Florida yesterday and the temps are hovering near 0 up there in Boston. That'll teach her to go to Florida and leave us all behind to freeze.

Stay warm everyone and have a good day.

Carnival Glory
Old January 25th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good morning all. Another beautiful morning in St Pete FL. Skies are clear. Temp is 57.

Sue you may have given me an idea for what to do today. Might run down to the cruise terminal and check out the ships. I am getting so excited. Can't wait to get on the cruise. The way things have been at work lately I really could use it too.That's another subject and I won't bore you with it.

Anyway here is hoping everyone has a wonderful day!

Joe D

Post Edited (01-25-04 08:56)

Carnival Inspiration
Old January 25th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Geez Anne, you were up early!! It's only 10:13 here and I'm the 5th person posting - is everyone sleeping in?
Wish I didn't have to go out today, as it's in the -20's again, with wind chills even colder.
However, I do have to go shopping, as it's my mom's birthday, and I neglected to get her a present till the last minute.....Later we are taking her out to dinner at a new restaurant, with the whole family getting together. Should be fun. Meanwhile, gotta get some housework done, and brace myself for going out in the cold!
donna

Post Edited (01-25-04 09:16)
Old January 25th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from snowy SE Wisconsin....actually it is a light snow off of Lake Michigan. But the big storm is coming tonight and early tomorrow anywhere from 2 - 5 inches of the white stuff starting around midnight tonight and ending around noon tomorrow. It is currently 17 degrees out there - the warmest it has been in a few days!

Hope everyone has a great day - it is laundry day for me!

Old January 25th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Default Re: Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good Sunday Morning CMs, Yes, I did sleep in today. Didn't open my eyes till 9 AM, felt so good to get a good nights sleep for a change.. SE Florida weather is nice, I won't rub it in to all you poor souls that are having such cold and snowy weather. i still remember those days, YUK!!!! Today i am finally getting around to make that turkey dinner i promised Ellis. We weren't home for thanksgiving, and he always loves those leftovers. have a wonderful day.

Jeanne

Old January 25th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Morning all from another Floridian. Today is suppose to be a nice one and that should bring some diners who want to sit on the deck. We open on Sundays for lunch (the only day of the week) and usually have some after-church folks.

Gotta get going, I'll be posting a thread about pop-up stoppers before leaving and will check in later once I'm at the restaurant.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 25th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Passenger

A good Sunday morning to all. We slept in a bit but the coffee is a-brewing & the newspaper ready to be read. A deep freeze has settled over the Prairie Provinces. The temp. in Calgary right now is 6 below F or -22C. As I can't shovel for a couple of weeks at least, Jo has her exercise routine of the day all planned - more shovelling. I keep telling her she will be a better woman for it - she hasn't bought into that idea yet!

Regards to all.

Tom
Old January 25th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,
we have a overcast gloomy day here on the east coast of Va. With a big storm heading our way,,,sleet/snow for this afternoon & tonight. Should be very interesting.
I packed suitcases all day yesterday. That's a real chore getting our cruise clothes ready. <VBG> But we will be gone for almost 2 weeks,,,so that's alot of cloths.
We are pulling out of here Wed a.m. to start that long drive down to Miami. I am soooo ready for this cruise. <BG>
Hope ya'll have a great Sunday,,,and stay warm & dry.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 25th, 2004, 11:53 AM
First Mate

Well I am getting good at starting the good afternoons, but I have been up since 4am, no sleeping in for me, (work at 5am on sundays) Like most of the above, I am now sitting here in the freeze, with 4-7 inches of the snow coming. Of course it is always when I have to work the next morning that it snows, nothing better than scraping off the car at 4am.

Hope everyone has a great day

Michele

Fascination
Old January 25th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Good morning all-- cool here in my part of CA-- no rain and the sun is out---
Off to take my mom out to a Champagne brunch--- so cheers all
Take care and be good--- good health to all
April
Old January 25th, 2004, 05:19 PM
cruisinKandJ

Good afternoon from sunny SoCal. Yes, I slept in and then ran a bunch of errands. That's why I'm posting so late. Next chance for rain: Tuesday. Probably one or two drops. A very dry winter for us.

J.