Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2004, 05:20 PM
bettylu

Default Stanley Falkland Islands

Can anyone give us some information on tours in Stanley? Should we wait until we arrive and find something there? Has anyone been there and can give us some advise? It will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Stanley Falkland Islands

I'm going on the Crown on the 2/8 cruise out of Santiago. I have heard that it isn't worth booking a tour in the Falklands - not that much to see. Maybe just catch a tour on the dock if your ship can dock.
Old January 26th, 2004, 07:31 PM
bettylu

We're on the Inifinity that leaves Valpairiso on 2/1 . I guess it's best to wait until we get there. Our ship excurions for the penguin rookery were all booked . I guess it's best to wait. Thanks for your response
Old January 26th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

We did not go on the Penquin tour when we were. We walked the entire town of Port Stanley. If the weather cooperates you can do the walk up and down the town in about 2-3 hours stopping to see the sights as you go. At the end of the street you will find the Muesum. Very interesting.

Go the the Photo Gallery and look at Part 2 of the Royal Princess Cruise that I put in. It has a few pictures of Port Stanley. There is no dock for the ship to use so we tendered in. The weather has to be just right for you to put in there. Be sure to take a jacket it is Pretty cold there.

I Sail The Carnival Dream.

The Royal Princess Transatlantic.

I sail The Crown Princess to The Southern Caribbean.
Old January 27th, 2004, 08:31 AM
bettylu

Thank you for telling me about your photos - they were great.

We'll be sailing on Oceania's Insignia in June round trip from Dover, England and look forward to that also.
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:06 AM
joto

Haven't been there, but if any of you are into war sites, there is a war cemetary from the Falklands war in the early 80's and I'm sure there must be some sort of tour. Looks very remote and windswept.