Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Can I take your order please?

We all must agree that eating on a ship is one of life's best pleasures....Lets forget dinner for the moment, and tackle the other meals.What do you order for breakfast...Do you eat differently on a cruise ..more, less? Will you pile the bacon high, if you don't usually eat it at home..guilty pleasure? eggs, sausage..it that on your plate, or is it fruit, yogurt, or cereal?....Do you now wait till lunch, or is there a snack inbetween... Will you try something different you have never tried at home, since it's at no cost? Do you hit the pizza and hot dog stand..Lets share our day of eating ,, before the BIG MEAL
Trip/Monday Chat Host

average calories per day.........0.....and all fat free> dream on
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Mark&Deb

Default Re: Can I take your order please?

Bacon yes! It is so nice to not be the one standing there in the morning frying up the bacon for everyone else to just come & gobble up!! Always try something different that you have never had before - or course!

Mark&Deb
Old January 29th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Admiral

Always have sausage for breakfast. I really like sausage, but no one else in my family eats it so I never make it at home. One of the perks of cruising.

Carnival Glory
Old January 29th, 2004, 11:18 PM
cruisinKandJ

I eat my regular breakfast as I do at home and urge my spouse to do the same. I am diabetic and trry always to eat the breakfast prescribed by the ADA. If it's a Sunday, we might splurge and have eggs and bacon. I feel better if I don't indulge. I try to do seafood at dinner, but I still like a steak. Never change on that, no matter what the doc says!

Happy eating while sailing!

J.
Old January 30th, 2004, 03:06 AM
MR_P&O

I love to eate lol and there is always heaps to eat onboard!! thats one of the joys of cruising but thank god for the little thing called a GYM!!! lol

and take care dont pile up too much on bacon rember it aint good for your heart! lol

see ya
late

Old January 30th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Admiral

Eccl 2:25 "For who can eat, or who else can hasten hereunto, more than I?"

I really enjoyed my Sensation mornings, prefering to eat buffet breakfast on the Lido fantail. Omelette, bacon, sausage, or ham, sometimes a little of each. On the occasions when we ate in the dining room, I got lox and bagels.

On Enchantment, there was no outdoor buffet area with a decent view of the sea(unless you consider the bikinis near the pool). So it was lox and bagels, maybe one time, eggs, sausage and toast.

On Inpsiration, I'll be back to my Sensation routine. Look for me on the Lido fantail abaft the Brasserie. Love my breakfast and coffee, while watching the wake!
If breakfast is big, I usually skip lunch, except for a piece of fruit or something like that.

I have never eaten lunch in the dining room. I admit to a fondness for hotdogs and burgers--some parts of me will never grow up! And they don't serve those inside.

However, on the last sea day aboard Sensation, Chris ate lunch in the dining room while I went to the grill. When she saw the theme of the day was Italian, she casually mentioned that I like calamari to our waiter. When lunch was over, he brought her a care package for me. She brought it to me in the pool area where I was enjoying the calypso band, having just eaten a hotdog slathered with mustard. On that day, I ate a second lunch, and it was delicious! Calamari and hotdogs with mustard--the official Seahunks lunch! We tipped our waitstaff very well!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Old January 30th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Admiral

You guys are making me hungry! I have never been a big breakfast eater - I can barely stomach a piece of toast at home, preferring to snack later when I get to work. But that mysteriously changes when I cruise! I always eat a big hearty breakfast, including juice, which I never touch at home either. Since we don 't get to BBQ too much in this climate, I LOVE any chance to get grilled food, so I frequent the outdoor grill on the pool deck.
(Cheeseburger in Paradise, thanks to Jimmy Buffett). As for in between meals, I never do that at home, but I over-do it on board because it's there and everything is SO good!
I especially love the pizza on Carnival, as well as the swirly ice cream/frozen yogourt!

donna (who's going to the kitchen now, I'm hungry!)

Old January 30th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Admiral

I really enjoy breakfast. If service is running smooth, we like to go to the dining room. Other times, I like to visit the omelet maker, and sit out on the aft deck with coffee and a scrumptious omelet. At home we usually eat light for breakfast except for on the weekends where we go out to a restaurant and order like we are on a ship.

Our next favorite place is the specialty restaurant on the Millenium class Celebrity ships.

Not much snacking in between for us. Those meal times are really filling.

Phyll

Old January 30th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Admiral

we like to start the morning off with coffee or tea and a muffin or fruit on our balcony, with the ship's daily paper to plan for the day, then when we feel like it we will saunter up to the buffet usually order an omlette with bacon or maybe a belgian waffle, juice, maybe some fruit and a glass of milk. Lunch is usually a quick burger or hot dog poolside. Do those tall frozen thingies count as food? they do have pineapple and coconut in them! We usually order a salad or sandwich from room service late in the afternoon as we like late seating dinner. Dinner is always an adventure, try something new, and dessert Oh MY! good thing for stairs and the Promenade Deck.
Old January 30th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Breakfast is my favorite meal but I never get to eat it at home. So when I cruise I usually eat breakfast in the dining room while Mrs. Thomas sleeps and then eat it again at the buffet with her.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 30th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Thomas..I like your style Trip