Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2004, 05:57 PM
Seleka

Default Rules Of Cruisemates

After reading some of the posts today, I never realized there were so many rules. I didn't know you were not allowed to post duplicate messages on this site. Lighten up a little
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2004, 04:21 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Rules Of Cruisemates

Where are the rules? I had my post yanked too.
Old February 1st, 2004, 05:27 PM
Admiral

It's right there when you open the message boards down at the bottom. For those of you that can't seem to find it I am posting it for you in this posting.

Rules of Conduct for the CruiseMates Message Boards
CruiseMates encourages active and open debate among our members. All we ask is that it's done in a lawful and civil manner. Accordingly, you agree to use CruiseMates for lawful purposes only. You may not use or allow others to use your computer to:

Post or transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person;
Post or transmit any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright, or trade secrets) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);
Post, transmit or link to sexually explicit material;
Impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
Post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
Intentionally violate the laws, rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the national, or other securities exchanges especially and including the rule against making false or misleading statements to manipulate the price of any security;
Intentionally violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our site;

CruiseMates may at any time, without prior notice and at our sole discretion, remove any post or picture. You agree to indemnify CruiseMates and hold us harmless from any actions, claims, proceedings or liabilities. You're responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your user name. So please don't disclose your password to anybody. If it has been lost or stolen, let us know as soon as possible and change it immediately.

Old February 1st, 2004, 06:39 PM
Beginner

Though I thank you for pointing this out, Mr. Bragg, you took offence to my post looking for a couple interested in hooking up with my partner ans me, and took down my post. The post was respectful, and courteous, but the complaint was that I had posted it in more than one spot. I notice that is not one of the rules you just pointed out.

I have replied to Mr. Motters post, asking for some direction, and as yet, I have recieved none. Would you be kind enough to look at my reply in his post , and offer your input. I will be happy if you prefer to write to me directly, or on the message boards.

Regards, Rosethorn.
Old February 1st, 2004, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Well, how about this part, "or other forms of solicitation"? This is a family style website and it is the opinion that what you are requesting is not only illegal in the USA but immoral which is covered by this sentence " violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our site". If that isn't enough for you then the final paragraph is for your reading pleasure "CruiseMates may at any time, without prior notice and at our sole discretion, remove any post or picture. You agree to indemnify CruiseMates and hold us harmless from any actions, claims, proceedings or liabilities." I hope this clarifies this matter for you. We are friendly and welcome all people but we must insist that the TOS are followed for the overall good of everyone.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old February 1st, 2004, 08:18 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the clarification. As you may have guessed, I presumed "Solicitation" referred to selling goods, and further presumed that the legality of swinging bore the same status as gay or lesbian liasons, which your site does not seem to frown upon. In any event, I shall not question your editorial rights to run the board as you see fit, and I appologise for any offence my post has caused you or the other members of these boards.

Thanks again.