Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2004, 01:50 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Mimosa anyone? Morninī .

Last Sunday I was told to skip the coffee and offer bloody maries or mimosas. Iīll add champagne, frozen thingees and a couple of others. Coffee and tea are there too, of course. Help yourself. <g>

Itīs wwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnndddddddyyyyyyyyyyy this morning. And itīs warm. Just checked the thermometer and we have 50°F. Weīve gone from below zero to 50° in just a few days. I donīt have any problems with that.

Well, itīs official. Iīm over 18. Went to a party last night and was so tired at midnight, I got grumpy and wanted to go home. *shaking my head in disbelief*

Superbowl is not being shown in Germany via satellite. Canīt believe it. I had planned on cheering the Patriots tonight and canīt. I presume itīs being shown via pay-TV but since we donīt have that, oh well! So all of you watching, have an extra slice of pizza and send out a cheer for the Patriots for me.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

karen
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2004, 02:24 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Mimosa anyone? Morninī .

Good morning Karen......I'll take a bloody mary with extra olives! Then I will head to bed!

I'm rooting for the Panthers to win the Super Bowl! Go Cats!

Old February 1st, 2004, 05:44 AM
Yeoman

Karen,
You supply the champagne, I have the oranges for fresh juice. Makes a great Mimosa. Thank you all so much for all your thoughts and prayers. I told my friend Peter to access this site and read them to Beth. It is a windy and rainy morning here in St Pete. Feels warm though. We are off to church and then to finish cleaning before the super bowl. We are Pats fans ( transplanted New Englanders) but Im routing for the Panthers.
To all of you lucky people cruising today, bon voyage. Stay warm
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old February 1st, 2004, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning from soggy SE Florida.

Karen, welcome to the early to bed, early to rise club. :-)

Don't think I'll be watching the football game tonight, but I'm hoping the Patriots win. I grew up in MA, and so I'm rooting for them.

We'll be heading to the airport to take Jake for his flight up to the frozen tundra of Toronto later this morning. He has chosen to leave the CO. he has worked for for the last 6 years, but we still don't know exactly when all the changes will take place. He will finish up the project in Toronto, and then head on to something new.

Mike, you have fun in the snow today. Doesn't sound like you'll be mowing the lawn or anything so take your time with the dust bunnies. You sure don't want to get all your work done and have to sit around with nothing to do.

Well, Have a Blessed Sunday all and take care.

Phyll

Old February 1st, 2004, 08:18 AM
Admiral

GMCM =

Chris wants to go out to breakfast, then to Church. Can't stay, though I would much rather do that!. Have a good one.

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Old February 1st, 2004, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from Long Island. I'm having the coffee Karen, thanks. If we watch the game we'll be routing for the Pats so I'll cheer for you too.

Mike with the way you sleep and the way Harry sleeps you two will get along just fine on the cruise. You can sit out on the balcony and keep each other company all night while Betty and I sleep.

Phyl sorry to hear about Jake's job, hope it works out for him the way he wants it to.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old February 1st, 2004, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Morning all from rainy Florida. Had a busy night last night at the restaurant and then went out with my manager to have a brew so I didn't get home until 2:00 a.m. and since this is the holiest of days I was just too excited to sleep this morning.

Yes, it's Super Sunday!!!!!!!!! WoooooooHOoooooooooooo!!! I have to go down to the restaurant to do some prep work for next week, show the chefs some new items I'm putting on the menu.........then.........I'm picking up my consumables and heading home for the game.

Let's see........hmmmmmmmmm, I think the snack items will be,

Cajun boiled peanuts
Nachos with jalapenos
Chips and onion dip
Hickory Farms smoked beef
Gumbo.

Pass the Rolaids!

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 1st, 2004, 09:41 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

GMCMs, We are still having rain, but it should end sometime today. We even had a sun shower this morning. Thomas, it sounds like you will definitely need the Rolaids today!! I got heartburn from just reading your list of Goodies!! Hoping its an exciting Super Bowl and that the Panthers win! I always root for the underdog!! Have a good day and enjoy wahtever you will do.

Jeanne

Old February 1st, 2004, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where it looks like the rain is ending. We're celebrating my father in laws 81st birthday today.
Not really in to the super bowl but love the new commercials that usually go with it.
Angela Z.
Old February 1st, 2004, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning CMs,

Another "howdy!" from Orlando where, as Angela just reported, it looks like our day+ of rain is coming to a halt. We needed it and, even if we didn't, it's a lot better than S***!

Happy Sunday to one and all. Sorry you won't be able to watch the big game, Karen, but come to think of it you'd have to be up all night to do so! We'll root for the Patriots in your name.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old February 1st, 2004, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Any Mimosas left? I slept in today while dh kept the house quiet for me.

Dear son made his special baked beans in beer yesterday (they're better if they sit a day, just like lasagna) for the game today. Baked beans, big fat burgers cooked on the grill, chips, coleslaw, nachos, beer, root beer for the youngster and hot fudge sundaes for dessert!

Enjoy your snow, Mike!

Go Pats!

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old February 1st, 2004, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Well the temps have finally got above 20 degrees, woopee, sigh. Only major plan today is to hit the local tanning saloon for session number 3 in an attempt to protect myself from frying while on the cruise. I'm with you Mike, about football. Have a great day everyone and, I'll sea ya on the boards.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old February 1st, 2004, 02:28 PM
cruisinKandJ

Is it too late to say good morning? Sounds like the football fans are quivering with anticipation. Have fun, all.

J.