Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2004, 01:31 PM
Passenger

Default FLASH! Heat Wave

Dateline Calgary.
A searing heat wave has struck Southern Alberta with latest Calgary temperatures recorded as +6F or -15C! All EMS units are on Red Alert to treat expected cases of heat stroke. This reporter has learned that deranged Calgarians have been throwing themselves into the Bow River to cool off. Unfortunately, this has resulted in several concussions as the "water" is quite stiff in places. The Mayor has pleaded for calm to prevail.

Tom

Sorry for the above. I must be suffering from a severe case of cabin fever!!.

Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2004, 01:48 PM
cruisinKandJ

Default Re: FLASH! Heat Wave

You made me smile here in SoCal. Thanks. I needed that.

J.
Old February 1st, 2004, 03:28 PM
Admiral

Tom perhaps it's the water in Calgary that makes people a little nutty. Kuki has been suffering from it as long as I've known him and several of the others I've met in Calgray seem to display the same symptoms. . Quite funny.

Carnival Glory
Old February 1st, 2004, 04:31 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: FLASH! Heat Wave

cruisinKandJ - glad my silly little posting gave you a little pleasure to help you try to overcome your health problem. Keep on fighting & I'm sure you will lick it! We are pulling for you.
We were in SoCal. this time last year (Oh, to be there right now) and had a great little holiday. The weather was exceptionally good for the time of year & we wished we could have stayed longer.

Tom

Old February 1st, 2004, 07:50 PM
Admiral

Tom, I can SO identify! I actually went out to the car today with NO HAT!! If I'd done that a few days ago, my ears would have fallen off! We've had the same temps here in MOntreal, and I've had ENOUGH!

donna