Well, guys, I have some sad news. I am seriously thinking of cancelling our cruise in April because of health problems. I am so discouraged and so damned tired of feeling awful. Today, I have suffered yet another relapse. I'm on my fourth set of antibiotics which are doing no good. I had a couple of days' reprieve from the sore throat, but now that's back, too, along with a terrible cough that embarasses my husband when we go out. The cough medicine doesn't really help, either.
After having this, or some mutation of it since Nov., I'm beginning to see me having it in April. I just don't want to travel feeling this way; it would spoil the whole trip. Besides, there's the possibility that if Cunard sees that I am sick, they might not let me board the ship. There I'd be in London watching the QE sail to NYC without my husband or me.
Hello, and I say don't give up....several years back, I coughed for a year and a half, [i swear] going to Dr after Dr...without sucess, finally after seeing a commercial for a nebulizer on tv..[ that you can get with insurance, [they used to make me use one sometimes at the office] i was better in a week...I used it several times a day, with prescription med, and i was amazed at the speed of my recovery....i called the specialist I was seeing, and I let him have it but good....I sufferred, as you are, needlessly for much too long, and a simple thing like this, that HE should have avised me to get made my life better....Please look into it.....Trip/Monday Chat Host> who will be thinking of you.....
They may need to give you massive doses to knock the infection out and then have you on a prophylactic dose for a while. This is usually a dose below the normal standards for an antibiotic, but something which protects you from the bacteria coming back. I sounds like your body is having auto-immune problems.
J. April seems a long way off for you to cancel your cruise. I'm guessing it's final payment time, and you have to make a decision. I sure hope you can find something that will cure this recurring cough and cold that you have been experiencing. I know it must be depressing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Dear J, If you haven't been to a pulmonary specialist, I would advise it. I have had a lot of problems and lately seems the cough wouldn't stop, there are some great new meds out there to help you. Just hope you have insurance. You are in my prayers. I hope you don't cancel your cruise until you see a specialist. If your doctor isn't helping, find a second opinion.
Phyllbo: Our cruise has been fully paid for for quite some time now.
Jean: I'd planned to call my doctor first thing Monday. Yes, I do have insurance, but he is what's called a "gateway" physician, meaning that to see anyone else, I have to go through him for a second opinion. But I do plan to try.
Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Re: Cruise Cancellation
J - you NEED a second opinion, and from a specialist! Even though your MD is a "gateway" physician, he has a responsibility to YOU to make a referral - remind him of the hippocratic oath "do no harm" if you must! Obviously the medications and treatments that have been tried have not worked and it is time to move on to someone who might have a new idea or two!
Carnival Breeze with Ray B and Aerogirl 5/4/14!
please don't give up. Get that referral - you might want to consider seeking out an allergist. I have chronic allergies and your symptoms sound like they might be allergy related - you could even have coughing asthma