Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2004, 09:17 PM
cruisingKandJ

Default Theme Cruises

I just discovered a theme cruise area on CruiseMates. It's just great. So many interesting topics. I don't know why, but my dearly beloved and I have never done a theme cruise. How about you?

J.
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2004, 11:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Re: Theme Cruises

I did a 60's theme cruise, which was just not for me...although i do love those old songs,which took me through my high school years, I NEED a steel drum band at the pool, not Frankie Avlaon...Johnny Tillotson, remember him? He was booked this cruise, unbeknownst to me, he was standing behind me when i said to a friend, "this man looks like he is embalmed" well suddenly this hand was clamped over mine, and Johnny was asking me what I meant...oy vey.....I recovered by saying that he looked a little stifff onstage during the good bye show....Fortunately , a dedicated Johnny fan asked him to pose for a picture, and he released my hand...after the initial embarrasment , my little group, ran off, giggling like kids...This cruise story gets a lot of mileage.... My advice is...Unless you really LOVE the theme, it does permeate through out the cruise, and it can get old fast........Imagine a clogging theme ok don't hit me
Trip/Monday Chat Host> who will use any excuse to go shoe shopping, but clogs??
Old February 2nd, 2004, 08:06 AM
Admiral

It wasn't a theme cruise per say, but I did know ahead of time there would be a 50's Rock'nRoll night, so I came prepared. (This was my first cruise on the Nordic Empress).
I borrowed a poodle skirt, brought a white blouse, and took a cheap pair of canvas sneakers and a black marker and made my own saddle shoes! My husband wore jeans and a bowling shirt that said "Alley Cats" on it. We won a prize for our costume at the dance contest! (Not for our dancing, that's for sure!)

donna

Old February 2nd, 2004, 09:59 AM
First Mate

My husband and I did a "football theme cruise" on NCL, maybe ten years ago or so. I thought it would be awful since I'm not a big football fan, but it was really great and we had a lot of fun, met some nice people and got a lot of autographs.
Happy Cruising.......Anita
Old February 3rd, 2004, 09:44 AM
Captain

Our first cruise was a theme cruise. It was for a total eclipse. There were many lectures geared towards the eclipse and astronomy. They had classes on how to take pictures of the eclipse. They had an astronaut onboard that brought some of the training films and some film from some of the moon landings. It was quite interesting. It was not a very active group but we still had a great time.