Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Ever booked a guarenteed cabin?

Im sure this has been asked a thousand times already but I thought Id ask again. Has anyone here booked a guarenteed cabin before? If so, what are your thoughts about it? If not, why not?

The deal that dh and I are looking into involves a guarenteed cabin with balcony. If we decide to choose which cabin wed like, the cost, of course, goes up considerably. The cruise were looking into is two weeks long with lots of sea days. Right now Im kinda clueless about the issue!

Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated!

clueless karen
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2004, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Ever booked a guarenteed cabin?

Hi Karen:
I've booked a "gurantee" and had no problems at all. They most important thing to remember is this...always book the category cabin that you would be happy with. For instance, you can book an inside category, outside category or a balcony category. That way you know that no matter what cabin you are assigned, it is what you wanted. Then there is always the small possibility of the upgrade. If a particular cabin is not important to you, then by all means, book a gurantee.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old February 7th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Karen, We have gotten a guarantee twice, the first time got bumped up and had a really nice cabin. Second time, it was way in the front fo the ship and was pretty rocky when trying to sleep, because we had some rough weather. We are spoiled, so won't do that again. I would say you will be on the ship for 2 weeks, pay the extra and know where you are located so you aren't stuck way in the front, unless this doesn't bother you then go for the guarantee. Good Luck.

Jeanne

Old February 7th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Almost always booked guarantee (but never anything less than I would want) and about half the time get bumped up a category or 3.

J

Old February 7th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Kate - what ship or line are you asking about?

I have done guarantees twice (with good results) and have another guarantee booked for Alaska this summer. As others have said, book the minimum category guarantee you would be happy with.

If I am reading your post correctly, it will be a BALCONY guarantee, so I don't think you could go too wrong unless you are above a nightclub or theater or under the galley. If it were me, I would save the bucks and take the chance (and bring ear plugs along just in case! lol)

Old February 8th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Yeoman

We booked a inside guarantee on the Grand and got upgraded to a BALCONY!! Problem now is , once youve had a balcony you don't want to go back, so for our next cruise we booked a balcony guarantee!
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:34 PM
paljoeysmom

We currently have a balcony garantee on our upcoming cruise in May. Last May we had a 14 day repositioning cruise on the NCL Dawn, fortunately we were put into a cabin mid ship deck 9. It was great! We have booked garantees (3) prior times, twice our cabins were upgraded to an okay location. One time we were upgraded to a cabin directly under the theater floor. OMG, it was TERRIBLE. Since the ship was sold out we were out of luck! I have also met others who were upgraded to less than desirable locations like over the galley, dining room, or under the disco. Sometimes it is best to book a cabin with cabins under and over you where there isn't as much noise. Also I know a lot of folks like aft cabins. I am not a fan since there is lots of vibration. Last year we made friends with a couple that had a suite in the very front of the ship. The wife got horrible seasickness from all the motion, whereas we were fine because we were in the dead center of the ship. Two weeks of nausaea is not good.
Old February 15th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Yeoman

just checking
Old February 15th, 2004, 02:44 AM
Yeoman

hmmmmmm