Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Itīs Monday Morning....Again!!!

How the heck does the weekend always go by so quickly? Thatīs a puzzling one.

Bet we have alot of takers for coffee this morning! I just finished my second cup and considering my eyelids donīt want to stay up, I think Iīll grab a third. Toby, for some reason, decided to sleep in this morning so atleast I can stay in for awhile longer before facing the cold & rain.

Today is going to be a busy day running errands. Nothing exciting happening over here!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

karen
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Itīs Monday Morning....Again!!!

Good morning Karen and all the CM's to follow. I agree, where did the weekend go? I NEED another couple of days off - just not rested up enough for the upcoming work week.

I think I will have a hot toddy and head off to bed!

Have a great day everyone!

Old February 9th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Yeoman

Weekend? Was there a weekend? Oh yes, it just flew by. Definately another cup morning. Ok gang, got to go get this week started. Stay warm. To all of you parents out there dealing with the good ole Fl Writes test... Hang in there. Ugh, will be glad when this stuff is over. Kids are stressed, teachers are stressed and parents are stressed. You know who isn't? The state leg. who implemented this mess. Sorry, just had to vent.
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old February 9th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Karen, Lisa, Anne and all the CruiseMates to follow. I don't know how the weekends fly by so fast. And I only have one more weekend before we are off to Miami for our cruise. I really need to use all next weekend to get ready. The next 10 days at work will be very busy trying get things in place to be off for 10 days. You all have a wondeful day.
Old February 9th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Itīs Monday Morning....Again!!!

Good morning from dark Florida...a quick check in before I make pancakes for the girls..Had a dream about my Dad last night that he was very ill. This morning at 5am I called Germany right away and would you know? He was at the fleamarket yesterday and fainted/fell. The emergency crew came and checked him out. They said he is okay and it wasn't another stroke. But he is so stubborn and they wanted to take him to the hospital and he said no. He is flying to Egypt next week..I am fearing for him. I told him to get checked out with a catscan but he said no. He has been dizzy for weeks and now this. I doubt we will cruise this year, we have to go to germany again.

Sorry to vent I am just so sad. I know it's in God's hands but I just wish he would be going to the doctor. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

Going for my walk this morning and I have to get stuff done around here. Our class is tonight also.........Take care guys

Old February 9th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. Sue, sorry to hear about your father, I hope he does heed your advice and get checked out. I say bring on this week because as you can see from my clock below I've been a SDM for the past few days. Have a great Monday and, I'll see ya on the boards.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old February 9th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Good Morning to all! I still have to get used to getting up really early in the mornings and Mondays, by far, are the worst. I am already on my 4TH diet coke (usually only 1 or 2 by this time). Today is our software rollover so I expect to be extrememly busy today. Hopefully I will feel like chatting tonight.

Sue, I hope your dad is doing much better today - keep us posted.

Everyone have a GREAT day!

Jodi

Old February 9th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Arizona desert. No complaints here. Yeah, it's Monday again, but what can we do? I just keep reminding myself that it's those Mondays thru Fridays that make it possible for me to cruise! !

Sue, prayers are with your dad. I hope he is OK.

Well, I'd better finish this cup of wonderful Costa Rican coffee and head out the door to face, yes, MONDAY! lol!

Old February 9th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from Long Island. Much warmer here and the snow is almost gone. There actually is green (well brown) grass under all that mess. I'll take some coffee Karen thanks.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old February 9th, 2004, 07:35 AM
First Mate

hello & good morning all....that was a very short weekend.my son's party was ok...only 3 kids out of 10 came but he still had fun.It is so hard to believe he will be 10 tomorrow..where did the time go. I am a very stressed mom today ...hope you don't mind if I vent too...my 15 yr old daughter went bowling on Sat. & when I went to pick her up at her friends later she showed me these cool shoes she had "gotten".When we arrived home I really looked at the shoes & to my dismay they were bowling shoes....Talk about angry.....she "stole them"....AAAHHHH.....she knows better....so I made her take them back Sun.mornin.I did not have the heart to let her have to face the police or to get a record at 15 (then she could never be bonded)..So she returned them & is now grounded from everythin...phone,computer, boyfriend etc...she can't even go to the 2 valentine days dances either.Was I ever mad & upset but I hope she will learn her lesson. Thanks for listenin to my rant.
We are gettin more snow tomorro....aren't we lucky!!!
Old February 9th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal, where it is a mild 0C today, the day AFTER my Winter Wine Party! I heard on the news last night that not only was it -17, but the wind chill was -25!!
No wonder I had to thaw out my toes with a hot bath! It was fun though, visiting and laughing with the neighbours in the middle of winter, normally we don't see much of each other till spring!
Today, our usual Mon. staff meeting at work will be a special luncheon treat for Teacher Appreciation week. Looking forward to that!
Sue, I hope the news from you dad gets better, and Sassy, you did the right thing, but isn't raising teenagers fun? <G>

donna

Old February 9th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Ugh, Monday!!! Good morning from Orlando, where our warm weather turned cold again. Sunday I woke up and it was freezing in the house. A cold front had come through and I had never turned the heat back on. Whoops!

Sue, I will keep your dad in my prayers. That is weird about the dream.

Sassy, you did the right thing. Teenagers can be dumb - I know, it wasn't that long ago that I was one!

Everyone have a nice day.
Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old February 9th, 2004, 08:24 AM
TomS

Good morning from the Mile High City!

Wasn't it Saturday two days ago? Weather is going to be cool here with a high in the 30s. Missed a snow storm yesturday. Wyoming took the brunt of it. I-80 was closed from Cheyenne to Larimie because of ice. Work should be interesting this week. Working on some old cases, and finishing up a nasty audit. See you all in chat!

TomS
Old February 9th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Good Monday morning gang.

I keep thinking, like Mike, that in 2 weeks I'll be sitting on my balcony enjoying our cruise. I'm glad I'm not on the aft, and won't have to worry about those stray water balloons coming down. :-)

Sue, sorry to hear about your dad. Very interesting about your dream. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Mark, congratulations on your SDM status.

Sassy, I'm so glad to hear that you held your daughter accountable, and made her take the shoes back. It is hard to raise teens, and I'm glad that job is behind me.

Monday can't be all bad, especially when Tweety reports her snow is almost gone. :-)

Take care all,
Phyll

Old February 9th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Good morning from coastal NC. It is very cold (for the south) and fixing to rain again.Ah spring is just around the corner.
Have a nice day Auguste
Old February 9th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
Another beauty today. Supposed to get to the 80’s today.
Can’t get going this morning…guess I’ll have to take my 4th cup of coffee intravenously.
Mark, congrats on SDM status. If you stand on your tippy toes, you can almost see the ship from here.
Sue, I hope your dad is ok.
Thomas, any word on your dad?
Sassy, Aahhhh the reasoning of a teen. I remember it well…been there done that. Hang in there, you will make it through.
Have a great day

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old February 9th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! "warming trend" continues in Calgary, with hopes for 50s F by mid week. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Somehow put out my back over the weekend. So had icey buns most of yesterday, but still pretty tight. Unfortunately I have to work this week, as my partner is having some dental work done. Could be in for an interesting time. Just have to hope I don't have to anywhere in the building quickly<G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Mark&Deb

Yup - here we are - Monday again but I do have today off but a huge list of things to do - so of course - that is why I sit here chatting..............avoidance!

Sun is shining but do not seeing anything acutally melting. As I peek out the kitchen window @ the thermometer it reads 14 so it has a ways to go.

Have a good day CM!

Mark&Deb
Old February 9th, 2004, 12:21 PM
cruisinKandJ

Ahoy, CruiseMates!. I am "on call" - jury duty all week, but I didn't have to report to court today. So now I can get some ironing done and run some errands like a normal Monday.

Temp. dropped to 39 last night. "twill be 64 today, but by the end of the week, mid-70's, hopefully.

Anyone besides me going to watch the Westminster Kennel Club dog show tonight?

Well, got to call the conservator in Minnesota about some stuff. He was going to visit my mother today. Hope he didn't get tossed out on his ear.

Sue, I'm sorry to hear about your father.

Sassy, you did the right thing with your daughter.

Have a good day, all.

J.