Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Travel Programs......

Since i love to watch travel shows, when yrs ago I got the travel chanel, I was thrilled to death...They had some great travelogues, and you could escape to almost anywhere..Then they sold the channel to the Discovery chanel, and now I can tell you EVERY secret Las Vegas has, where EVERY ghost inthe USA is located, and how to play poker with celebrities......How I long for the old one back...There was a show on PBS and then on the TC, called Rough Guide, quirky and interesting.. PBS now has Rudy Maxa, and Rick Steves, in the 1000th rerun....why somone hasn't tapped this eager segement of the population again is beyond me..I do enjoy all the shows the TC has on about cruising though,but I want more !!!....In the Boston area, there is a show called Chronicle, where every once in a while in the dead of winter, they do a repeat of island shows..and I watch them again and again..They just did Aruba, St Maarten, an St Barts, so I guess that will be my fix for a while...What travel shows do you like? are there local shows in your area? Trip/Monday Chat Host
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Pea

Default Re: Travel Programs......

I used to love "Travellers", which was on the Discovery Channel every afternoon. We don't get the Travel Channel, so when the show switched to the Travel Channel, I was very disappointed. It was something I looked forward to everyday. This was before I really started travelling alot and I think that show helped fuel my wanderlust for travel

Pea
Old February 11th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Admiral

I totally agree with this!!! I loved the Travel Channel when it first came out. Now it's mostly just stupid.

Mike, I'm so glad to hear Lonely Planet is still around under the guise of "Explorers." I'll have to start recording it.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old February 11th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Jack & Erlinda

I actually got to meet Samantha Brown who hosts most of the "Great Hotels" etc. She was here in Colorado Springs at the 5-Star Resort, the Broadmoor Hotel & Resort, filming her show. She is soooooooooooooo cute!! jack
Old February 11th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Travel Programs......

Oooh, my husband would just die! He has such a crush on her!

Cheers,
Michelle P.