Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2004, 06:19 PM
cruisinKandJ

Default Riverboat Cruise

For some time now, I have considered a riverboat cruise in the South of France. I have looked at both Grand Circle Travel and Uniworld. Has anyone out there done such a cruise? I' like your views.

J.
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2004, 07:57 AM
HeySailor

Default Re: Riverboat Cruise

We haven't done such a cruise (yet), but on our last Caribbean cruise, we were seated with several older couples who absolutely raved about Peter Deilmann river cruises. They're based in Germany and do all major European rivers. I'd check 'em out.
Old February 12th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Admiral

I haven't done any but I do remember somebody posting here a while ago about low water levels in the rivers and the ships unable to complete the itinerary. Just a FYI.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 12th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Ginnie

Default Re: Re: Riverboat Cruise

I have sailed the Mozart of Peter Deilmann from Passau, Germany to Vienna, Budapest and back. It was a wonderful experience. The ship is definitely 5 star rated, and the food and service were outstanding. The accommodations were wonderful, and about half of the passengers on our cruise were Americans, with the rest European, mostly German speaking.
I would definitely recommend this cruise line . The 5 star Cezanne, of Peter Deilmann, sails in France.
Happy Cruising, Ginnie
Old February 15th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

We took the Viking Pride Budapest to Amsterdam it was good. I think all the river cruises are about the same. The cabins are small, We book the best they have and still small. All the tours are in the price no planning shore tours just go with the group or stay on board. It is a good way to see Europe!
If you click on Cruise Lines and go down to Viking River cruises you can get a lot of info

Post Edited (02-15-04 16:51)