Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning

Good Morning!

Currently enroute from lovely Orlando traveling to DC. Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. After all, each Monday is to be celebrated as by this evening, there will be one less Monday you will have to work.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Monday Morning

Good morning Marc and Steve....seems we have two good morning threads started....can't hurt...especially on a Monday! I woke up to a thunderstorm this morning. I hate to start my day that way..again, especially on a Monday! But, it seems to have stopped for now...but, boy is it humid.
The fence project at Jackie's is complete. Now the new puppy will be safe. She arrives on Saturday and the kids are very excited.
Have a great day!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 12th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

Glad to get back to work to rest up. My brother's renovation project is finally getting somewhere. Got the kitchen cabinets in. I was elected to move the pipes for the sink, so I was pipefitter of the day. Today I'll install the overhead fan in the new room, and change the fixtures in the kitchen and I'll be done. (yea, right!) The carpet installers are coming today to start on the den and living room. My SIL is getting mighty happy. The end is getting near. Although the entire project won't get done before the graduation party on Saturday, it'll be closer than we thought it would be a week ago.

Got a hold of my TA Friday. He said they are expecting a load of docs from NCL today so I'm polishing up my dancing shoes. I can't wait!!!

Hope everybody had a safe weekend.

Have a great day, everyone!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 12th, 2004, 06:06 AM
First Mate

Good morning all.
Another hot day in Ga.; just makes anticipate my Aug cruise that much more. I just picture myself under the caribbean sun on a white sand beach w/ clear blue water. nice thoughts for a Monday.
Ya'll have a great day.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old July 12th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Yeoman

Good morning,
Vacation is fast coming to an end. We leave this week for New England then it's back to school on the 28th. I need a cruise! Ok, so I've already had one this summer, I want another one. It's hot, muggy and and have promised the youngest to take him to the Aquarium for the day while big brother is at camp. Ugh!. Have to go now and change airline res. for DH for coming back from New England. Marc, we are headed to DC too next week. Am taking cherubs there. Have a good one even if its Mon.
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old July 12th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

There was a weekend? It was a bit of a blur. We experienced a load of technology issues from the storms. Power was out for about 10 hours Saturday night and Sunday morning. A lightening strike at the end of our road took out the transformer, phone rural c/o. This left us without power, phone, dsl and our satellite receiver fried. This forced me to resort to having to talk to Betty for entertainment. :-)

Today will be another day of remedial reading and guessing which box the ball is in. ooh! Doesn't that sound like fun? At least my granddaughter is coming with so she can help out if I have problems. :-)

Mary Lou: Hi hope the kids enjoy the puppy. I also hope work is settling down to it's normal fast pace.

Eddie: Congratulations on the docs. Dance away!!!

Jim and Leslie: Only a few more short weeks until your dreams will come true.

To everyone else; Have a great Monday and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 12th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
The sun was shining at the end of my street, so I have guessed that is due East, and was a beautiful sunrise. I'm sorry I missed it by about 10 minutes! We had a round of late afternoon thunderstorms and then general rain yesterday. It cooled the temps from the 90's to the 70's. It didn't stop hubby from annialating me in two games of Scrabble. He does his best with a full tummy, his favorite beverage and after his nap!

I sang my solo in church yesterday.The Accompanist and I ran over it once,which was enough. It was Kum Ba Yah, the old camp favorite. I had the congregation join me for the last two verses. Comments after the service were good, especially for including them in the singing.

Today is back to work. It's Monday, so it's cooking baking day. Ah, the aroma of chocolate chip cookies, or whatever other kind is chosen, wafts through the facility all morning. My volunteer bakes about 8-10 dozen a week.

Bye for now. Drive safely to your destinations. Take Care. Lynne

Old July 12th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning all how are you!!!!!....I hope all is great.. We won our basball game yesterday!!!!

The twins are fine!!! They slept great!! Well Jessica is about to begin her travels... She will be shiped out today to take her 1st cruise with 1st time cruisers at that on the Carnival Hoilday for 5 days!!! Then she will be off tothe insperation, then to The Paradise (15 days WOW), then The Conquest, then THE QM2, then to Radiance and Then to the Ledgend... WOW!!!!!!

What a busy bear!!!!!
The ports she will be going to are: Cozmel, Playa De Carmen, Grand Cayman, Belize, Costa Maya, Aruba, Panamal Canal, puntarenas, Costa Rica, Acapulco, Mazatlan, Cabo, St. Thmas, St, Marteen, Coco Cay, Barbados, and Martinique. And That Takes her up untill the End of Dec....

Now poor little Destiny has a few booking but not near as many, she does not get sent any where untill the middle of Sept. THERE are ALOT of dates open for her. Just let me know in one of her posts and she can be booked for you!

Have a great day and stay safe!!!!

Susie
Old July 12th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Already said good morning on Steve's post, but wil say hi here on Marc's too!
Had a great weekend, doing gardening, lying in the pool, reading, relaxing, and working countless hours on scanning and downloading all my cruise photos into the CM gallery, not to mention composing the first 3 parts of the "Paradise Found" cruise story, illustrated with all those photos! I don't know when I'll get to Part 4, as the computer is going back to the "Reboot" people today for some minor adjustments, and I probably won't get it back before Tues. night, so I'll see you all then!

donna

Old July 12th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Morning all. Couldn't ignore this post. However nothing has changed since I posted two minutes ago. :-)

Carnival Glory
Old July 12th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all. Boy, the weekend flew by, and I don't have much done to show for it. Only one more weekend between now and Alaska, and I'll need it to get some packing done. Still can't believe I'm actually going. Let me tell you, those docs, REALLY are getting a workout. Normally, docs come, they're checked for accuracy, doc dance done, and put safely away. All the information is filed in my head and can be quickly recalled. (Funny, I have no trouble remembering anything cruise related.) But this time, I have to keep checking them for itinerary, cabin number, flight info.

Smooth sailing,

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old July 12th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining in Calgary this morning, though yesterday parts of the city got hit with heavy rains and hail. I was at work yesterday when a couple claps of thunder actually shook the building.

Forecast for the remainder of the week is sunshine and hot though.

Back to work this morning!! Should be a busy, busy week.... so it will go quickly.

Kuki the Junior Barbarian left this morning.... on his way to Israel. Kuki Jr.- the chick magnet - sent an e-mail this morning from Dubrovnik, Croatia (says there have been cruise ships in port each morning).

Ah to be young and be able to travel the world!!!
Oh... wait a sec. I still do alot of that, and I'm not young.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Again...just got back from the surprise 40th B'day party for our Big Boss..he was really surprised..He had a goooood 40th..his wife took him to Memphis this weekend for a 30 min flight in an old bi-plane and did a little barn storming..he is quite the daredevil..he came in this morning with his truck all decorated(his DW doing)and when he walked into the office this morning he opened the door to a room full of decorations(his wife let us in Sun nite)...over 300 black ballons and lots of Over the hill banners and TP hanging from the ceiling..He was quite the prankster when he was a working Paramedic..so it was just a little payback time....any way a good time was had by all.

Hope all of you have a great week...and Please stay safe.

Old July 12th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from warm and humid SE Wisconsin.........I hate this humid weather....thank goodness it should end sometime tomorrow evening...adn thank goodness for a/c!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Old July 12th, 2004, 10:57 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: Good Monday Morning

A late good morning from sunny Southern California where the beach is the place to be. Gonna be hotter 'n a pistol. The lingering June Gloom is gone.

Not much going on. Ironing this a.m. and my Dr's appt. this p.m.

Have a great Monday, CM's!

J.
Old July 12th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Admiral

A late goodmorning from this part of WI to all of you. I've been to water exercise, coffee and ran some errands. Not much happening around here, but that's ok.

Have a good one all.
Phyll

Old July 12th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Denise H

good moring marc it in the 80 hot and humt here in mpls i hope you have a good day