Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Rise & Shine! Itīs Monday!

I know some would like their mimosa or bloody mary but itīs Monday morning in my neck of the woods and that only means one thing: COFFFFFEEEEE. Please, help yourself!

The fog returned during the night making my morning walk with Toby a spooky experience. There must be alot of traffic on the Elbe because I heard atleast 7 different fog horns. Hopefully the fog will lift but according to the weather forecast, itīs going to be a soupy day.

Today I have the wonderful task of working out our income tax statement. Joy. Itīs always a frustrating experience. Fog and taxes. Nice parallel.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Michelle, Iīm glad your surprise worked out so well.

karen

Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Rise & Shine! Itīs Monday!

Good morning Karen and everyone to follow. It is clear and COLD here in SE Wisconsin.....will be near zero by morning, but then the warm up commences - eventually hitting 40 by midweek!

Karen, congratulations on booking your cruise! I think you will love the Infinity and the Celebrity experience....I've been on two of her sister ships (Millennium and Summit) and enjoyed both experiences immensely.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Old February 16th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning Karen, Lisa and all the CM's to follow. I cannot tell you how ready I am to get out of this cold weather. We woke up to 8 degrees this morning! Thursday cannot come early enough for us. I have a ton to do before I'll be ready to fly to Miami at 7 a.m. on Thursday.....but at least I'm getting away from all of this! The next three days at work promise to be extremely busy..............Gary and decided our three days precruise will be spent sleeping by the pool! You all have a wonderful Monday. I'll be ending my day at the dentist.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old February 16th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Rise & Shine! Itīs Monday!

Good morning from swfl....how is everyone ? Have not been on, needed a break from the computer world. Looks like another year will pass without a cruise for us. Grand baby will be born plus looks like we might go on a missions trip to Guyana so there is our yearly 2 weeks of vacation time. Maybe we can squeeze in a 3 day one but I doubt it.

Tomorrow my girlfriend is coming back from up north but this time with her 3 kids....for one week. Yes, this means we can not come to Miami after all I am extremly disappointed. I am still hoping, heck a girl can dream right?

Off I go and I need to do my daily walking/jogging ..take care mates and be blessed...

Old February 16th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! I can't wait for the sun to shine this morning. It's currently -10F (that's -23C for our friends up North) here in upstate NY. I think I saw the icicles shivering it is so cold out there. But just remember, in five weeks it will officially be "Spring". I can't wait!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old February 16th, 2004, 06:14 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Coffee is brewing and I'm sitting here thinking, hurry March and April!!! For some reason the cold got on my nerves this year and I usually like it! 0 this a.m. and below zero wind chills but 40s later this week so I do know Spring is coming! :-)

Main concern there is this new GTI I have. VW changed start system and you have to hold the key in start position for what seems eons, they say it is a 10 second delay, longer in cold. When it is cold out, seems like forever!!! :-) It seems so bizzarre to have the key turned all the way and dead silence! Very Spooky!!! You hear a click and it starts like its summertime, very little starter noise! Too wierd for me!

I'm almost afraid to try it today, one day I had Jack (landlord) take me to work because I thought it wouldn't start!!! He was none too thrilled, grumbled all the way (all of 2.5 mis. so a major hardship for him)!

Well, enough rambling about car issues, have a great day everyone!

Susie
Old February 16th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Brrrr. it's freezing (55F) ! I can't wait to get on that cruise!

Really it had been in the 80's and humid this weekend, and it felt really cold out there this morning as Frosty spent quite a while looking for just the perfect spot.

Sue, it's good to have you back with us. Sorry to hear about no cruises for you, but it sounds like you are going to be very busy and have some travel time in there too.

Karen, thanks for the wake up call.

ML, it won't be long now.

Eddie, hang in there. Spring is on the way.

Phyll

Old February 16th, 2004, 06:17 AM
First Mate

Good morning all. It looks like the cold weather has returned to New Jersey. But at least the sun is shining. Cannot wait to get away on Imagination March 11. This will be our first mini-cruise (4 nights) and our first time on Carnival. I have not seen much about Imagination on these boards, though. Have a great day all.
Bobbie
Old February 16th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Admiral

Hey all, from chilly Florida where it's so cold outside I think the fire hydrants are seeking out dogs.

What a weekend! Whew! I am glad to be back in my office where things are much less hectic. Valentine's Day weekend just about killed me and to top it off the brand new cash register (which sends the dinner orders back to the kitchen) stopped printing. Without the servers realizing the kitchen printer was not working and the kitchen staff not knowing the printer stopped printing, we had some customers who waited for a LONG time to get there dinners. The old reliable register kept on motoring away though so it wasn't a total catastrophe.

See ya'll later.

Regard,
Thomas
Old February 16th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the Arizona desert. I am just about worn out. The last three weeks have been extremely stressful at work, and I've put in so many hours that I've hardly had a home life. Then yesterday a quick trip up to Flagstaff and back, so I feel like a walking zombie. I sure wish that I was among those who have today off, but, no such luck. Off to work I go. Catch ya later.

Post Edited (02-16-04 22:25)
Old February 16th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning, everyone...

Watched the Daytona 500 race yesterday, and didn't do much else. The race ended about 5 o'clock, and yet our local TV showed the traffic still bumper-to-bumper on I-4 from Daytona Beach almost to Orlando at 11 pm! I'm not exactly a NASCAR fan, but even if I were I don't think it would be worth facing traffic like that just to watch a race that I could see just as well on TV. Oh well, maybe I'm simply getting old. <S>

Have a nice Presidents Day U.S. CruiseMates, and a g'day to all of you not enjoying a holiday on this Monday morning.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old February 16th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,

Back from the NCL Sun,,,must say that was one great time. Then had to make a quick trip to Michigan for a funeral. I've been from one end of this counrty to the other the last couple weeks,,,I feel like Matt Lauer <vbg>

Will take me a while to catch up on all the posts.

We had snow last night,,,so all schools are closed. It was supposed to be a make up day from last fall when we had the hurricane,,<BG>

I'm ready for spring. We actually have daffodills coming up,,,so it's not far off.

Hope everyone has a great Monday,,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old February 16th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal where we are "enjoying' much the same weather as fasteddie in N.Y. state - COLD!
Glad to see you back Sue, wondered where you were!
Happy President's Day to all my U.S,. friends; I know your holiday because it's marked on my On the Seaside Calendar!
My weekend was very quiet, we stayed in mostly because of the cold, and also because we were supposed to babysit for the grandaughter, who never showed up.
Instead, my daughter came over for supper last night, and then I took her home, where I met her roomate's brand new 6 wk. old Golden Lab puppy! They're SO cute at that age, but boy, do I know the trouble they are in for.....! The little guy needs a name, any suggestions?

donna

Post Edited (02-16-04 08:53)
Old February 16th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning CMs, Another Monday, hope everyone who has the day off are still sleeping in. Its a chilly but beautiful day here, air is so fresh and clear. Hope you all have a great day,

Jeanne
Old February 16th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Good morning all! Sunny but chilly right now. It was nice to get to sleep in today. I am getting ready to leave to pick up nephew to go to SeaWorld after we have breakfast with my parents. I hope the rest of the day turns out as well as it has started.

Have a Wonderful Day!
J

Old February 16th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ridingarrett

good morning all!! It's a beautiful sunny day here in PA... it would be perfect if it was 80!! How many more weeks til spring?? How many more weeks til CRUISE??? haha... <wrapping myself around my cup of coffee trying to stay warm> Just got home from feeding the ponies, they love the cold...

Carrie

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 16th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisers... I am at work today. (YUCK!) Well, gotta pay for that cruise somehow... Mmmm, I can almost taste Carnival's pizza.... can't wait!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old February 16th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The start of another week, and the beginning of the time I really hate the most.

The great joys of owning your own business start with filing my corporate year end, followed by paying the business taxes-- which took a huge jump this year.. followed by renewal time for our business insurance- which took a huge jump last year... followed by paying income tax - which in Canada is like turning almost everything you own over to the gov't... followed by paying property tax- which has been high for some time.

Just an ugly stretch... while trying to pay all the day to day bills as well! When all that's done, all the money we thought we'd made having a great year belongs to someone else <G>

I've done all the calculations and I should be able to retire by 2095, at age 145.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Good morning and a happy 145 to you Kuki. At least to don't have to worry about investing your money, the goverment will do that for you hope I meet you someday you have given me many a laugh..
It will only be 40 on the NC Voast today, that is cold.
Looking forward to my first transatlantic on the Galazy to Rome.
Have a nice day Auguste
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. Kuki I feel your pain. Dealing with personal income tax is bad enough. But then the business tax returns. Our entire guest room/office is covered with stacks of papers, including the floor and bed. I have the easy job though. All I have to do is not step on the stacks!

I'm one of the working stiffs today, no holiday for corporate America!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Admiral

GMCM =

A stark, bright, and frigid Central Ohio morning. But the air has that feeling of winter's last breath. O how I hope! I'll know for sure when I hear woodpeckers pounding at the walnut tree across the road. There's even a forty percent possibility of a thunderstorm by the end of the week, with temps in the 50s.

Family members are already talking about what comes after cruise 3. The desire to avoid CDS
(Countdown Deprivation Syndrome) seems unanimous among Chris, myself, and cruising relatives. I bet just among the family we could qualify for group rates. It might be worth checking out. My sisters decided against the Antarctica to Amazon cruise. Too bad--I would love to have helped them plan it, even if I couldn't go.

Kuki, I have always liked the story of the man who sent our IRS a turnip and a syringe. It sounds like you have it just as bad. Maybe taxation is only considered tyranny when a representative can't demand a cut.

The countdown to CM lunch and Inspiration continues. Of course, I'm looking forward to both events. Have a great day, all!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Old February 16th, 2004, 12:43 PM
cruisinKandJ

Good morning, fellow cruisers from sunny SoCal where it's 72, the Euriopes are blooming their little heads off, and the citrus trees are loaded with fruits.

It finally looks like the sinus infection has waved bye, bye. Good riddance! I might actually be able to go shoe shopping for my cruise. Tried it a few weeks ago and was felled again.

Have a good Monday, all.

J.