Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default A beautiful good morning CMs!

It´s HUMP day, folks! We´ve made it this far, we´ll make it the next couple of days, too. Coffee´s fresh and spring is just around the corner! Yippee!

A few of you are leaving on your cruise soon. Just imagine, Mary Lou....you´ll be able to leave your car at home! Bet that´s an exciting thought considering the drives you´ve had to make this winter.

Looks like I´ll be joining my parents in April for a trip down south. They´re thinking about joining the gazillions of others who head to Florida once they retire. For them it will be returning. Both were born and raised in Miami and lived there until just after I was born. They´ve both come to the conclusion VT winters suck, cutting into Dad´s fishing time way too much. Most of their friends and most of our family is in FL so it´s a natural move. I just hope that I don´t get too sentimental and can remain realistic! No more VT home to go home to. That´s sad.

Looks like we have our taxes worked out for this year. Hopefully the german IRS will approve what we sent in. If that´s the case, we´ll have a nice tax return (cruise money!)to look forward to but my motto "expect the unexpected" will probably become true. In a few months we´ll probably get a letter that says "Congratulations! You owe!" Get out the four leaf clover, cross my fingers and all that stuff that it all works out.

Hope everyone has a good day!

karen

Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2004, 04:33 AM
First Mate

Default Re: A beautiful good morning CMs!

Good morning all, heading off to work on this fridged day! Wish I could be heading to FL.

Have a great day.

michele

Fascination
Old February 18th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning Karen, Michele and CMs...

Hi from Central Fla., where the current temp is 45°F with the likelihood of a rise to around 70° by afternoon. I'm about ready to drive my step-daughter Jackie over to Orlando Intl. for her 7 AM flight back to (brrrr) Boise.

Glad to hear that you got through the tax preparation ordeal, Karen. Let's hope your answer from the Feds is a happy one. Have a good Hump Day, everybody!

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old February 18th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning from SE Florida where it feels like winter. Glad to know the temps will be going up to 70. At least the house stays warm even without putting the heat on.

This is my day to finish up getting the things I need for the cruise. Got the Bodine, the Pepto, the sunscreen etc. I never use half the stuff, but it feels good to take it along just in case.

Karen, I know what you mean about missing the place where you grew up. I was really sad when my mom moved to Florida from Cape Cod. Fortunately I still get to go to the Cape to vacation every once in a while. Hope I get to see you if your folks come down this way.

Have a good one all.

Phyll

Old February 18th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! Finally got around to doing my taxes last night. I can tell my home loan is getting toward the end, I finally got to the point where I took the standard deduction rather than itemizing. Of course that was after getting all the papers together and doing the calcs. It will make it easier next year when I do them. But then I started doing my NY state taxes. Boy they will do anything to suck blood out of the turnip! Now there is a line to state any taxes on internet purchases, catalogs, etc. that you didn't pay NYS sales tax on. Of course, I don't make any such purchases so I could leave that line blank. Can hardly wait for my first audit. Auditors will be busy the next few years trying to enforce this law.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old February 18th, 2004, 07:24 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

I'll take a cup of coffee Karen and the tax man is ever present!!! Good luck with that, I always play it close and never get much back. This year was different because VW took an outrageous amount out of a bonus check for '02, paid in '03. Amount I'm getting back is the exact same as the 28 or 29% they took out!!! :-)

Mike, I'll be thinking of all you chat rats and wish I were joining you. Wishing you smooth seas, wonderful weather and an absolutely super cruise! How can you go wrong with that group???

Still chilly this a.m. but the single digit a.m.s may be over after today, definitely going to warm up and with that major rains will move in! April's been saying they've had alot of rain on the west coast so I'm sure it is headed our way! Hope all of you cruisers have no flight issues!!!

Spring is coming! Susie, wishing she were cruising!
Old February 18th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Morning all from a chilly NEFL> Actually saw frost on the office roof this morning, but it's probably gone by now. Can't wait for Friday when it's warming up into the 70's again, where it's suppose to be this time of year.

Don't know what gets into these dogs, but last night when I arrived back home from closing the restaurant Watson the Dachshund decided he didn't want to go outside to use the bathroom and did it on the floor. I knew immediately something was wrong when I walked through the door from the garage and he was not there to greet me. Wendy the Bichon was there, but he was not. Hmmmm.................o.k., where is Watson. There he was standing by his doggy door waiting for me to discover his act of defiance so he could bolt out the door before I rolled up the newspaper.

See ya'll later...........

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 18th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: A beautiful good morning CMs!

Spring may be around the corner but in Cape May County NJ I was greeted this morning with 5 inches. Roads were good though and got to my bus ok. Up here in NYC where I work they didn't get a flake.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old February 18th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from once again cold Long Island, but Doug yes, we were missed by the storm. Just got a dusting for a change. Susie I sure hope you are right and that warmer weather is coming to stay this time. Am glad however to see that you have come to your senses and are not waiting anxiously for snow anymore.

Only a few more days and the Chat Rats will be off and I'll be here at home missing them and wishing I was cruising with them. I have to agree that you couldn't go wrong cruising with this group.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old February 18th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends! Not only is it "Hump Day"...it is my LAST day of work until March 2! Yipee! Our plane leaves tomorrow at 7 a.m. I'm hoping to escape a bit early today, but that probably won't happen. You all have a wonderful day and if I don't get a chance to post before we leave, I'll miss you all! Have a great week next week!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old February 18th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Is upper 50’s cold enough to complain about? I think all you northerners, coming down to cruise, have caused Florida cooling. I’ll say this just one more time…When you enter Florida, please close the door behind you!!!!
I have planted the seed…asked the dw if she knew what ports the 11 day cruise to southern Caribbean Islands are. All of a sudden pamphlets and new bookmarks on the computer are showing up. The seed is growing faster than usual. I’ll bet I’m booked within a month. Heheheheh
Have a great humpday all.

Post Edited (02-18-04 08:03)
and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old February 18th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ridingarrett

Good morning all!! Just got back from feeding time at the zoo... spring must be right around the corner, cuz all the ponies are shedding something awful.. anybody need any horsehair for stuffing a chair??

Carrie

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 18th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Karen, thanks for the pleasant good morning, and best of luck with your taxes.
Jason, I loved your line about "closing the door behind you!" Believe me, I'd bring quite a draft with me if I came down there!
Montreal is supposed to be on a warming trend this week (we might actually hit 0C!), but I don't believe it for a second! Although it's nice and sunny, there's still a bite to the air when I take Emma out for her walk!
Last night I went to visit friends who own Emma's littermate sister (they visit each other often). They have just got another Golden puppy who is just so cute you could eat him up! Big sister is very jealous still, but she'll get over it I hope!
Have a great Hump Day everyone - is it Wednesday already?

donna

Old February 18th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: A beautiful good morning CMs!

Good morning from very cold swfl....bbbrrrr..and we do have the heat on! Skipped my jog this morning due to the cold weather and wind. It sure does not feel like Florida to me right now. ML have a great time on your cruise

Have a good day mates........................

Old February 18th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers... yes, it is actually cold here! Keep warm, everyone, and have a good day.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old February 18th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Admiral

GMCM =

Late checking in because of intense email traffic among my family about upcoming cruise. Trying to figure out what to do while in port. Won't know until we get there I guess.

Have a great day, all.

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Old February 18th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

GMCMs, It is chilly and windy today, but the sun is out, and it won't last too long. By the time you Chat Rats get here it should be beautfiul. Wishing you all a wonderful cruise. Jason, good luck with the seed planting, I know the feeling and she should be telling you any day now, when the next cruise will be. Have a great day.

Jeanne
Old February 18th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Could reach almost 50 F in Calgary today, and it feels wonderful. Washed January's dirt off the car yesterday. With all the melting it'll just take a day for it to look filthy again, but at least it'll be new filth.

Had meetings, and phone conversations yesterday to start planning our entertainment roster for the Calgary Stampede in July. Getting kind of excited because I think I'm bringing in a band with the best fiddle player I've ever heard.
Couldn't really afford him in the past, but apparently he really wants to play our bar, and a brewery is willing to help sponsor his gig.

Old February 18th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning gang---well the storms are here but not in my part of CA---- up north with the flood warnings------- wouldnt wish that on anyone but its a usually occurance ---??
Off to work I go---- hoping the weatherman is wrong about our thunder storms-- not that I mind them but my dog does----poor thing
Wishing everyone well-- tax refunds too---havent done ours yet---I'm happy just to break even--even after having extra taken out all year----
Cheer to all with my morning coffee
April
Old February 18th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin, where it should get above the freezing mark for the first time in 32 days!!! Yippeee!!! I can just begin to feel a slight change in the air signaling that the really cold stuff just might be over for the season (I really hope so!)

Old February 18th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Good Morning! Foggy outside!!!!!! Well it was when I was on my way to work.
Turn on those headlights in the fog people! Not just fog lamps.

Old February 18th, 2004, 01:27 PM
cruisinKandJ

Good morning, CM's from windy, chilly SoCal. I'd guess it's about 50. Hawaii sounds really good about now.

Did some shopping yesterday for my cruise. Today will be full of errands.

J.
Old March 11th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Admiral

test

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?