Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2004, 01:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default I rarely get to start a GOOD MORNING thread, so....

Good Morning cruisemates!! Have no idea what I'm still doing up, but before I got to bed, thought I may as well say Good Morning<G>

Don't have to go to work this morning, so I'm kind of enjoying a late night.

Weather in Calgary is pretty darn decent for Feb. Pretty close to 50 F, and scheduled to get warmer for the start of the next work week.

Sammy is certainly enjoying it more, spending more time outside basking in the sunshine.

Hope everyone wakes up this morning to sunny skies!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2004, 02:45 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Re: I rarely get to start a GOOD MORNING thread, so....

*faints*

And a good morning to you, Kuki! YouŽre really up late! Hope you enjoyed your late night.

Anybody need some coffee? Hopefully you were able to catch up on some zzzzs now that we finally have the weekend to enjoy. Makes that coffee even better.

Looks like the Chat Rats are ready to go! No doubt that they will have a fantastic time. Hope Mike has put his bad day behind him. Have a wonderful time all! IŽm sure that IŽm not the only one that wishes I could join you all.

Dh surprised me this morning by saying in one year from today heŽll be pulling the suitcases down from the attic for our cruise. Little does he know that, knowing me, IŽll probably get them out in November. <g> Looks like from his vacation schedule though heŽll have to start from Dresden and IŽll be heading out from Hamburg to meet up in Frankfurt. No big deal but itŽs always nice to start together. Actually I wouldnŽt mind meeting up with him in Santiago. HeŽs terrible when it comes to flying. There I go rambling again.

Already hit the market this morning, got grocery shopping done and went to the post office. The early bird catches the worm and takes long naps.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

karen

Old February 21st, 2004, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning Kuki, Karen and all the sleepyheads out there in Cruisemates land.

Karen, starting together or apart, who cares as long as the end result is you will both be on a cruiseship together. :-)

Temps here are supposed to be warmer today, we should almost hit 50 I think. That will be nice even tho it is gonna rain a bit. It's not snow so I'm OK with that.

CruiseRats are off and I'm sure they will have a wonderful time. Just hope they think of us poor landlocked pals they left behind.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Well kids, our friends are in sunny Florida, and we're not other then that it'll be a good day...milder then we have had, but still not hot & humid.... not sure what today has to offer yet. ...But Bruce is making breakfast..ahhhhh, a good thing Good Saturday to all our Cruisemate family....Trip/Monday Chat Host
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Woke up to sunny skies in central Texas! The bloomin' Bluebonnets are just around the corner. Our highs have been in the 70's all week long. Saturday mornings ARE wonderful, aren't they?

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:48 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

GM CMs, The sun is finally burniing off the remainder of the clouds and the Chat Rats should have a beautiful day to start their cruise. Wish I was going, but have to wait for March 15th. I have connected with a great group on "the other board" and looks like we'll be having a fun time!! Have a good weekend whatever you do.

Jeanne
Old February 21st, 2004, 08:00 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Good morning from the Carolina Coast, yes Sunn is out and warmer today, but only today.
Loved the Blue Bonnets in the Hill country, that is a thing to see and the Indian Paint brush all red and yello.w Spring is the prettiest time in Texas.
Have a nice day Auguste
Old February 21st, 2004, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Good Morning all! A beautiful day in Orlando - supposed to get up to 80 today. I am going to Pleasure Island with my mom to just hang out and have lunch.

Found out yesterday that I have 12 paid vacation days to take this year - by my calculation that is two 7 night cruises(sat to sat) and one 4 night cruise (fri to mon). Or one really long cruise.....I need to start looking.

I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys their weekends.

Jodi

Old February 21st, 2004, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

The weather here is fantastic with plenty of sun and warm temperatures. I wish I was able to get outside to enjoy it but work calls! Business has been keeping me at the restaurant til the wee hours of the morning and back again when the eyelids open in the morning. But that beats the alternative.

My corporate job is in jeopardy since the company announce more job cuts this year. The announcement to the affected people was suppose to occur next week but they've delayed it for 2 months. Seems they couldn't quite decide how to get rid of all the work these folks are doing. Imagine that? Hmmmmmmmmm................seems like the protocol is to decide how much money they have to remove from the cost sheet, then decide how many people that means, THEN decide how to get rid of the work these people do. Seems kinda backwards to me. Decide first what work is redundant or unnecessary and then you know how many cuts can be made.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:12 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Met a friend for breakfast at 6:45, an inch of snow made the roads yucky, don't think they like to salt or plow on Sat.! Was not a fun drive and I told Carolyn next year why don't we meet for lunch during January and February??? She used to live fairly close, now she's in Wisconsin so we both drive about 18 miles to meet and early a.m. in the winter is not always a good thing!!! :-)

Today is the memorial service for my cousin and a few of us will go out to lunch, which will be nice.

Next week is my last week at Abbott so I have to remind Manpower that March 1st, I would like something to do! I did notice a few things in the paper I might check out.

Well, best get myself in the shower and get ready to go, seeing as it is a 40 minute drive or so to get there!

Have a great day all and Bon Voyage to all cruisers!

Susie
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Late on the board this morning, but that's because I was up early to take my son to the doctor,. go to the lab for tests, grocery store , video store, and home. He's been sick all week, and went for a strep test this morning. Haven't been to the pediatrician for about 5 years, sure was strange! I guess they don't very often see patients at 6'2" with a beard!
Later today, we are entertaining for dinner; hubby is making his famous beef stew (famous for it's copious amounts of red wine!), and I am making a whipped cream and chocolate wafer dessert. Anyone care to join us?
Meanwhile, we are being hit with snow, lots of snow, but hopefully nothing like poor Halifax! Supposed to be 10 - 15 cms., but so far the roads are clean and well salted.
And the last few days we thought Spring was coming at last! Ha!

donna

Old February 21st, 2004, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE WIsconsin where it snowed last night (and it really wasn't supposed to!) Got almost two inches but since it is above freezing right now it is melting away as I write.

Cloudy still here, hopefully the sun comes out later today.

Old February 21st, 2004, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning, all! Of COURSE we start having rain today on my birthday, but we decided we're going to head off to Disneyland anyway!! They now have movie theaters down there, so if it's too wet, we'll catch a movie or two, then head off for some rides & shopping, and then off to dinner at the Blue Bayou, the upscale restaurant located inside the Priates of the Caribbean ride. Ahhhh, does life get any better?? (Well, okay, I know, but we'll be doing that in July!). We finally bought annual passes to D'land, life is good!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather and happenings wherever they are....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old February 21st, 2004, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Well, it's still morning on the west coast so I guess I can check in even though I'm in Florida.

I slept in until 11:00 this morning! Heaven! So nice to have a lazy Saturday ahead of me with nothing pressing to do, especially after the week I've had at work.

Mermaid - so glad to hear the bluebonnets are about to bloom! I'll be in Austin in two weeks and can't wait to see my favorite flower again!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old February 21st, 2004, 12:46 PM
cruisinKandJ

A late good morning to all. Any coffee left? I slept late, not a bad thing to do on an overcast day.

Tomorrow, the DH and I will be on the freeway in what is purported to be a slammer of a storm. We hold season tickets at a repertory theater about an hour away. We plan an earlier start, have lunch in Newport Beach, go to Barnes & Noble, then to a matinee performace, and dinner later. A nice Sunday in spite of the rain, yes?

J.
Old February 21st, 2004, 05:07 PM
First Mate

Good evening. I can’t check the boards during work hours. My boss wouldn't approve.