Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 29th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Cecil

Default New York to Bermuda Cruise

Has anyone sailed out of New York? I am interesting in knowing what it was like. I hear it is bumpy?

I am cruising out of New York on May 29.

Thanks, Cecil
Sponsored Links
Old February 29th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Default Re: New York to Bermuda Cruise

Yes,we sailed from New York last August on the 88,000 ton Carnival Legend. The ship departed at 5-30 p.m. and despite a thunderstorm and heavy rain it was a smooth trip into the Atlantic.

Old February 29th, 2004, 10:17 AM
dan p

We have sailed out of NY about 5 or 6 times.You have to remember that when you come out of NY harbor after going under the Verazonna[spelt wrong] Narrows bridge there are 3 river that flow into the Atlantic Ocean.It may be a little choppy with the currents in that area,usually about 2 hours.We have hit some seas going to Bermuda but never had a problem.
Old February 29th, 2004, 10:44 AM
cruisinKandJ

Yes, we did that cruise years ago on what was then Royal Caribbean Line's Nordic Prince. We left New York Harbor like a bat out of hell and never leet up til we got to Hamilton. Yeah, it was rough!

J.
Old February 29th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Nburwell

I'm sailing out of NYC on the 31st of May, and from the people that I've talked to, it's a bumpy ride down the Atlantic.

Carnival Legend
Old February 29th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

I sailed out of Philly last time to Bermuda and it was choppy all the way there and back. I am leaving out of Norfolk in May and expect the same type of water. To me, it is well worth it though to see Bermuda.

Looking forward to my next cruise.... 6/2005
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:58 AM
First Mate

We sailed out of New York last August on the Carnival Pride. It was a wonderful cruise and the first time I've been to New York and Bermuda, and I don't remember it being a rough sailing at all. Our cruise was a month before the hurricane and we got home one day before the black out in New York. I don't know if that was typical of an August sailing, but we had a very smooth cruise to Bermuda and back. I wish I was going back again this summer, but we have an Alaska cruise booked, so Bermuda will have to wait awhile. It was as good as I've heard it would be to go there. We were not disappointed.
Happy Cruising.....Anita