Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 29th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Default Brilliance quick review

Here is a quick review of the Brilliance of the Seas as seen in my eyes and tasted by my tongue.

Embarkation: very smooth and quick.

The ship: clean, spacious, not over the top in the way of decoration, easy to move about in and lots of different spaces in which to participate in different activities.

The food: There is a wide variety to choose from and many different restaraunts to eat in. If you don't like the food then you chose poorly. The onion rings in the Seaview restaraunt were the best, therefore after about 8 days none were to be found aboard the ship. {{bummer}}

The entertainment; very good, although we did not go to all of the evening shows the one that sticks out in my mind was Mario D'Andrea, outstanding and funny.

The bars and lounges; I lost count and am sure that I missed a few. The Schooner bar was Robin's and my favorite.

The Ports; all have their own merits though St. Maartin (the Dutch side) is still rebuilding after the last hurricane that hit. Labadee was substituted by Coco Cay which was substituted (after the decision by the captain desision that the water was to choppy to tender) by Nassau, the Bahamas, was a choice Robin and I didn't mind. Another stop in which to get a charm for her bracelet and have a drink at the Cheeky Monkee (which was no more, bought out and renamed The News Cafe).

Debarkation; Long but comfortable, decks 8 through 10 sat in the Schooner bar and the Colony Club. Ashtrays were at a premium and shared by all who smoked. Yours included.

This week I will gather notes and consult with Robin to fill in all of the fuzzy details. Those are the ones that she will recollect after the bourbon on the rocks kicked in. {{grin}} By next weekend I should have enough info compiled to write a formal review, unlike my first cruise where I failed to do so.

I took 9 rolls of film on this adventure, so, I am sure that the investment in a digital camera is in order so that I can have a few memory cards to ensure that I don't spend a lot of money on film processing.

It also appears that you people have learned a new signature trick while we have been gone. Robin and I will have to learn about this. {{grin}}

ps
Seahunks, please e-mail me as I picked up a copy of a map for you, if your interested and don't already have it.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Sponsored Links
Old February 29th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to ydoodle
Default Re: Brilliance quick review

Thanks for the review. Will look forward to reading the longer version. What kind of excursions did you take and what did you think of the alternate restaurants (if you tried them that is). Any favorite shopping areas?

Nancy

Brilliance of the Seas 3/29/04
Old February 29th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Just wanted to say WELCOME HOME Mark and Robin. Sounds like a wonderful cruise!

Old February 29th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Welcome home Mark & Robin, hope to see you in chat this week Robin to tell us all about it.

Carnival Glory
Old February 29th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Admiral

Welcome home Mark and Robin, and you'll have to talk to Michelle (Mrs. P) about those great signatures! She's the genius behind them!
donna

Old March 1st, 2004, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Welcome home Mark and Robin. I've enjoyed your reports, and you've got me thinking about joining you on the 05 cruise on Brilliance. The time, the ship and the itinerary look good and we are checking it out. I really would love to do a Brilliance cruise, and it would be great to have some other CMers on the same one.

Phyll

Old March 1st, 2004, 07:10 AM
susancruzs

Welcome home Mark and Robin! Glad you enjoyed the Brilliance, she is a beauty! Looking forward to seeing some pictures!

Phyll, the longer itineraries are nice, less hectic, more relaxing, you would love it!

Susie
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:38 PM
wench1010

welcome home mark and robin. thanks for the most current update on the brilliance. i am due to be on her jan.05 and can't wait thanks to you. thanks