Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2004, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Default Cheaper on a SHIP???

You read about this or that being more expensive on the ship, i.e. drinks, suntan lotion, sandals, etc. I was wondering what you found is actually cheaper on the ship than on land. The only thing that comes to mind for me is:

Tobacco products
Liquor

Regards,
Thomas
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2004, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cheaper on a SHIP???

I'm with ya on that one Thomas.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old March 2nd, 2004, 11:00 AM
SharB

Hi! The price was cheaper Memory Flashcard for my Canon digital camera. I saved about $10 off the Best Buy price.

Shar
Old March 2nd, 2004, 05:43 PM
HannaS77

With the bottles of liquor, know what you are buying and the price in your local supermarket. Over the years I have noted that "bargains" in the gift shop where liquor is cold can be purchased cheaper in our local supermarkets, and you do not have to lug the liquor home.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 10:01 AM
dadsonteam

I have heard rumors that some dry cleaning is cheaper. I am a guy so I am not sure about this, but not long ago a woman wrote on a board that it is cheaper to dry clean a dress on board than at home.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

My husband bought a watch in the jewelry store last year. It was $75 more in Nassau and $100 more at home.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 01:27 PM
AR

You can occasionally do well with a piece of art IF you know your stuff.

I collect animation art and have some idea about what various pieces are worth. A couple cruises ago I picked up a cel that I really wanted for hundreds less than I could sell it for tomorrow.

But I never venture into art purchases aboard ship in areas I'm not well versed in, unless it's an inexpensive piece that just gets under my skin. That's happened a couple times. In a case like that you just take a flyer because, good deal or not, you'll probably never see it again.