CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Have you ever heard Jane Powell on board? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/267595-have-you-ever-heard-jane-powell-board.html)

Harry Martin March 4th, 2004 09:01 PM

Have you ever heard Jane Powell on board?

Art and I saw the fantastic singer Jane Powell on board the Norwegian Sky in about 2001.

Anyone else seen her on board, or know whether she is still performing on cruise lines? Seems she does (did) Norwegian a lot.

Harry

Trip March 4th, 2004 09:38 PM

Re: Have you ever heard Jane Powell on board?

I have Harry, NCL, several years back, and she knocked my socks off..Don't miss he if she is still doing the circuit.
Trip

Auguste March 5th, 2004 09:30 AM

Oh Jane Powell !I saw all of her movies, she was BIG back in the 5o.She can sing and dance . Made lots of Musicals back then. I wish I could see her on a cruise ship.
Auguste

Harry Martin March 5th, 2004 10:56 AM

August, wrong Jane Powell. :-)

The singer even makes a joke about it, "You all expected to come here and see some white woman tap dancing."

She's great.

Wish I knew if she were still on cruiselines.

Harry

cruisinKandJ March 5th, 2004 12:18 PM

I thought she was dead.

J.

zeno March 5th, 2004 01:40 PM

Jane L. Powell entertained on 2 nights on the NCL Sky cruise I took (Feb1-8 2004). For the most part she was very good..

rayb March 5th, 2004 04:31 PM

We sailed on 2 back to back on the NCL Sky 25 days in 1999 with Jane and her band.
She was the greatest. She performed about 5 times during that 25 days and we attended both of them.

Do not know if she is still working the Circuit.

Luanne March 5th, 2004 05:36 PM

We saw her in June 2002 on the Norwegian Sun. Very wonderful singer and entertainer. It would be great if she was on the NCL Star to Alaska.

Luanne March 5th, 2004 08:21 PM

I just did a web search for her and she will be on Superstar Leo and NCL Star going to Alaska in June. :) We just might get to see her again. She had 2 performances on the Sun and we only made it to one, due to illness one night on board. But it was spectacular. Now I need to just find out if she will be on the Star June 20th.

Luanne

Harry Martin March 5th, 2004 10:38 PM

Oh thanks all ... my niece is booked on the Norwegian Star for her honeymoon in November. Hope Jane will be one of the acts.

Excellent caberet singer!!!

Harry

Luanne March 7th, 2004 08:27 PM

Harry,
I went back to the website and it looks like she will be moving to the NCL Dream during November sailing the Caribbean out of New Orleans. Of course sometimes schedules change so she could end up back on the Star.

Luanne

Harry Martin March 7th, 2004 10:10 PM

Luanne, you are a doll -- thank you.

Honestly, I wish every cruiser could see her.

Harry