Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Julien A

Default Seychelles international classical festival.

Every two years there is a classical festival in Seychelles. Professional musicians from the UK even the US come participate in the festival. There will be another festival this year and this will be my third participation in the festival. I am not a musician but i sing in choirs, amateurs. In 2000 accompanied by an orchestra from the UK we sang the Regina Ceoli, Mozart and in 2002 joined by a choir from the UK we performed the Ste Cecilia Mass, Gounod accompanied by the professional orchestra in the cathedral of the Immaculate of Conception in Victoria. This year with another choir i will be singing the Verdi's Requiem together with the choir coming from the UK. I must say it is quite challenging. We will perform the Requiem in the new St Paul Cathedral of the Anglican church in Victoria. All the professional soloist will be coming from abroad. Though we still have quite some works to do i am looking forward to sing this one of the most beautiful Requiem it not the most. The festival will be sometime in June and i think concerts in Nairobi are also included. In July with another choir we will be going to France to participate in a Choir Festival and this one will not be just classical musics.
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Seychelles international classical festival.

Wow,Julien! It sounds like you will have a busy summer this year. As a former chorus member and barbershop baritone, I'm really jealous of your ambitious schedule. Best of luck with the Requiem in Victoria. Having lived in many countries worldwide, I have always regretted not visiting Seychelles. A fellow I once worked with in Liberia had lived and worked in Victoria with British Customs and Excise and simply raved about the beauty of the islands, the coral and the granite. Have fun in Kenya, France and wherever else you may perform this year!

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old March 6th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Wow - what a wonderful opportunity! There was a post yesterday about "what's your favorite Requiem" and I chose Verdi's - agree with you, it's the best of all! Can you imagine that glorious music in a glorious setting like the Seychelles?

Have a fabulous time!
Old March 7th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Julien A

Thank you!