Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old July 10th, 2004, 10:18 AM
venice

Default V.P. New Activities for Repeat Cruisers

The other evening I was looking at the cruiseclues sight and notice that most cruiselines have the same type of activities and games on their daily ship papers for grown ups..They do a great job for kids, but anyone who cruises alot is into the "done it, not interested in doing it again" mindset when it comes to sea days passenger games. The Caribbean Princess introduced the 'Movies Under the Stars" concept which excites repeat customers but I'm sure based upon their success other lines will follow.

It caused me to think about what new types of games and activites could CM readers come up with that would cause even the most seasoned repeat cruiser to want to venture out and be a part of the fun and games while on a sea day. This would be a great job for someone to go from ship to ship introducing the new games

For instance, using the CM Cruise Trivia quiz and combining it with the Jeopardy format (each ship has a trivia contest but it's usually come to the lounge and play).you can have an cabin tv interactive game called "Cruise Know It All". In the CM version, you have an interactive contest using the remote and tv in your cabin so everyone could play. One wrong question eliminates your cabin and the last cabin left gets a free upgrade to the owner's suite for the balance of the cruise.

What other fun "new" games could we come up with ?
Old July 10th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Default Re: V.P. New Activities for Repeat Cruisers

A grown up scavenger hunt. Could be lots of fun and would give passengers the opportunity to see the whole ship and exercise too.

Carnival Glory
Old July 10th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to branflakes1991 Send a message via Yahoo to branflakes1991

They have a grown up scavenger hunt on certain ships, called whats int the bag, played in the main lounge, well, they did on the Imagination at least. It was lots of fun.

Old July 10th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Admiral

I like that one Tweety. I participated in the Quest game on Paradise and I think it was the most hilarious fun time I had all week! I had heard it mentioned beforeon CruiseMates, but I didn;t know what it was, and it sure was fun!

donna

Post Edited (07-10-04 10:06)
Old July 10th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Admiral

This is a good topic venice. I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help in the ideas department, but it will be interesting to hear what others come up with. I like Tweety's suggestion for the scavenger hunt.

On Summit this last time out, they had added some new things, not games, but at least different things to do. One was computer photo classes (probably not so new to others), and acupuncture treatments and info. I'm not into needles so I avoided the acupuncture, but I did enjoy the computer classes.

Phyll

Old July 12th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Admiral

i would like more classess, lectures and activites as opposed to "games", Spa lectures are interesting, would prefer the "soft-sell approach. Port talks - split them up into what to do and see - not just ships excursions and have a separate shopping talk.
Love cooking classes, galley tours, would love food/ice sculpting classes, maybe even local craft type classes about the islands that you will be visiting.