Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default How's the weather down there in Florida....on our way soon

Hello everyone down in sunny, warm (hopefully) Florida. Took the day off work to do those last minute things....laundry, ironing, packing, errands, etc., etc. Have been so busy the last few weeks with work and family, haven't been on this site much, but signed on occasionally when I could. Can't figure out why there is so much to do at the last minute when we've known we were going for at least 5 months, and thought we were ready two weeks ago. Leaving at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow for our 5 day precruise stay in Ft. Lauderdale. DH had one stipulation when we booked the cruise.... if I have to cruise again, I at least want to get some golfing in first. So he has booked us into the Bonaventure Golf Resort and Spa on Racquet Club Road for 5 nights before we board the Summit on the 15th for our 12-day cruise. DH is a little worried though because when we booked this last fall, it was owned by Wyndam. It has since changed owners and he's worried that it's not going to be as good. But I feel that anywhere is better than here at home in cold snowy Canada. We got the Bonaventure for half price with our Entertainment book, so I feel we got a great deal. Has anyone golfed or stayed there before? For all you Floridians, don't worry about that huge scream you'll hear tomorrow about 9:45 a.m., it's just me finally getting there. Jeanne & Ellis, looking forward to meeting you and everyone else at the Mast Bar for sailaway on the 15th. Don't know if I'll have time to get back on this board today, so everyone take care and will check back in when we're home on March 27th.
Bev
Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Default Re: How's the weather down there in Florida....on our way so

Hi Bev, Just in case you do check back in, it is nice down here, so far. In the 70's because another cool front came thru, but I am sure it will feel warm to you and DH. I checked weather reports and they are now calling for rain on Monday, so if it is a soggy day we will be meeting in Revelations, on deck#11 just forward of Mast Bar. Safe flight and happy golfing. See ya Monday.

Jeanne&Ellis

Old March 9th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Admiral

This morning the weather (in Orlando) was absolutely beautiful! Sunny and warm. Haven't checked the forecast for the next few days though.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old March 9th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Admiral

The one thing that Florida residents will tell you is that if you don;t like the weather here, wait a few hours and it will change. <G> Last week was very warm and sunny. This week it has been pleasant during the day but in the cool 60's and at night pretty cold for us in the lower 40's. What it will be this weekend....is subject to change. <>
Jim

Old March 9th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Hope you like Summit as much as we did. Enjoy your vacation.

Carnival Glory
Old March 9th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks everyone for the weather updates. Also Jeanne, thanks for the update on the meeting place. Off to bed for a few hours before leaving for the airport. Will check back in the end of March.
Bev
Old March 10th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Admiral

It's sunny again but has cooled off into the 50s/60s and there's a chill wind. Can't wait until it warms up for good.

Cheers,
Michelle P.