Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Bloody Highway Robbery !

Have any of you had to cancel plans, and now have a ticket that will have to be used at another time...I have always felt this is the biggest rippoff in the travel industry...I was quoted $100.00 PER TICKET...now for the agent to type a new ticket, and the cost of the paper, it must add up to all of what $2-3 dollars? gimme a break...ok, STILL, highway robbery . but i could stand 100.00 per couple, without screaming....what do you think?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Cruisenut1
Default Re: Bloody Highway Robbery !

Just remember, it is all the airlines doing, anything for a buck, and it is disheartening to be charged so much when just a couple of years ago there was only a $25 charge for the same thing, it is also a total loss for the TA, who gets no commision from the airlines anymore (with few exceptions).

Monarch of the Seas
Carnival Elation
http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=04&year=2009&day=26&hour=16:00[/img] Carnival Splendor
Old March 18th, 2004, 07:17 PM
cruisinKandJ

I can sympathize. I probably sound like a total dolt, but were you indeed talking about airline tickets? Because in January, I had tickets for a figure skating perofrmance at Arrowhead Pond worth $120 that went to waste. It happened to us once before when the U.S. Figure Skating Championships were held in Los Angeles. I spent big bucks for really good seats and instead, spent the weekend in the hospital. Those losses hurt, too.

J.
Old March 18th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi J...i was indeed referring to airline tickets, but I surely understand your frustration....gggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr I hope it wasn't too serious....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 18th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Admiral

Same thing just happened to me. It irks because my mother always flys Southwest and frequently changes or cancels her flights. Southwest ALWAYS allows the change with no penalty. Unfortunately, SW doesn't fly into Atlanta, so I am now the proud owner of a ticket to Denver or anywhere else - it is a "credit" that is $100 LESS than what I paid for the ticket.

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:27 AM
evie

Default Re: Re: Bloody Highway Robbery !

Last September I had tickets for my hubbie and me to fly from east coast to west coast. The night before we were to leave we had a death in the family. I called US Air about not being able to go. They were terrible. They gave me 24 hours to reschedule my flight. At that time my emotions and thinking were not very clear. I was having to deal with a funeral and they wanted answers on when I will take the trip. Needless to say I couldn't give them an answer and we lost both tickets. US Air used to let you have a year to use them with a $100 each ticket penality on top. Well now if you don't use them you loose them.
Old March 21st, 2004, 04:25 PM
Admiral

The best thing to do, if the PA doesn't give you an answer you can live with, is ask to speak to a supervisor. Get names and company ID numbers.

It's worth getting trip cancellation insurance and ALWAYS read the small print.