CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   new to this board (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/267850-new-board.html)

Carole Soule March 22nd, 2004 05:56 AM

new to this board

Hi everyone.,

I found this web site while reading an article in the travel section of our paper. I never knew that there was anything like it. We have cruised several times and met very nice people from all over.
My husband and I live in Florida so there are several ports to leave from. We will be on our next cruise in November (HAL Veendam)
Please, introduce your selves and tell me about your trips,etc.
We are looking forward to chatting with you and maybe be on a cruise together someday.
Carole & Earl

Thomas March 22nd, 2004 06:27 AM

Re: new to this board

Welcome to the boards Carole. Glad to have another posting member in the party.

Regards,
Thomas (Jacksonville)

padandj March 22nd, 2004 06:46 AM

Hello Carole, we (Paddy & Joan) are new to this board also. I have visited many times only posted recently.
I think there is more than one section; this one seems to be the friendliest.
We are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale next month on Radiance of the Seas.

I am searching for any passengers who are sailing 4/18/04. The ship is sold out, but I can't find more that 14 passengers! Could be some big group keeping it secret, any ideas who they are?

All the best,
Paddy & Joan.

Tweety March 22nd, 2004 06:53 AM

Hi Carole, welcome aboard. Glad you found us, we are looking forward to hearing all about your cruising experiences. I'm Tweety and I host Wednesday nite chat and would love to have you stop in and say hello.

Living in Florida gives you the advantage of being able to attend a lot of the precruise parties that CM's usually have. You get to meet lots of people in person that way and as you said perhaps someday we will all get a chance to cruise together.

243 days till our Thanksgiving Celebration in the Caribbean...Join us on Victory for Holiday Fun in the Sun

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ictory2004.cfm

Post Edited (03-22-04 06:54)

Luvjoy1948 March 22nd, 2004 07:16 AM

Welcome Carole: I am also new to this site. It is wonderful. I am going on my first cruise on April 10 - on the Holiday out of New Orleans - Enjoy. Toni

rollerdonna March 22nd, 2004 07:51 AM

Hi Carole, when I saw your name, I thought you might be French Canadian, since both names have a French spelling! I am Donna and I live in Montreal, and I wish I lived in Florida, especially right now when the winter just won't go away! Welcome to the CM board and hope to see more of you and hear about your cruising experiences!

donna

rayb March 22nd, 2004 08:58 AM

Hi Carole,

Welcome on board our cruise ship the "Cruisemates". We are Ray and Helen who live near you in Ocoee, Central Florida near Orlando.

We love to cruise and see the world. Been a few places and cruised a few times.

If you need more information about cruises, ships, etc be sure to ask away. We all, here on the ship "Cruisemates", have answers, most are true and some maybe fiction. We chat here about most anything. You may go to other locations and find a lots of poop, no I mean information. Try it you may like it.

Phyllbo March 22nd, 2004 08:58 AM

Welcome to the boards, Carole. It is always good to have new people joining us here. I am also in Florida, but I'm on the east coast.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you and your experiences with cruising. Like Tweety said, join us in chat in the evenings. It's a great way to feel even more a part of the CM family.

Phyll

Trip March 22nd, 2004 09:02 AM

Hi Carole, We're all so glad you found us...We love to chat , so please join us inthe chat room, whenever you can..We are probably the only people thta will never tire of cruise chat...Welcome aboard...Trip/Monday Chat Host

LisaK March 22nd, 2004 10:23 AM

Good Morning and Welcome Carole!

MichelleP March 22nd, 2004 10:43 AM

Hello and welcome! Now that you've started posting, don't be a stranger!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Carole Soule March 22nd, 2004 10:50 AM

Re: Thanks for the warm welcome

Hi there,
WOW !!! This is really nice of you all to give us such a warm welcome.
We live in St. Petersburg, Fl and depart from Tampa.

Where are the CM parties? How do I do the time what ever you call it at the end of your message, Phyll ? I'm not to computer savy, so make it easy.

We have been on Carnival; Destiny, Jubilee, Fantasy, Inspiration, and HAL ,Veendam.
I think that HAL is so much better, service wise, and the staff is very nice too. We are in our golden years (50 plus) so the disco, and party times are over. Now, we just enjoy the company of friends, new and old, to cruise with.
Happy cruising, and I will check out the chats later, Tweety. Hi to all my new found friends in Florida too.

Carole

Kuki March 22nd, 2004 11:05 AM

Jumping on the Welcome Wagon... to say howD to Carole & Earl. Glad you found us, and delighted you decided to just jump right in and become a part of the neighborhood!

cruisinKandJ March 22nd, 2004 11:42 AM

Welcome, Carole. I'm sure you'll find CruiseMates interesting. There's just tons of travel information pertaining to cruising on this site. It seems that there are no unanswerable questions..

I've only posted a few months. My husband and I live in Southern California.

Next month, we fly to London for a week and then board the QE2 for a transatlantic cruise back to New York. It gives me goosebumps just to say it! This will be our twelfth cruise.

Again, welcome.

J.

Carole Soule March 22nd, 2004 11:51 AM

Hello J.
Wow i'm so jellious !!! the Q2 that is my dream cruise.
Thank you for your comments and I'm looking forward to the chats here too.
C

MichelleP March 22nd, 2004 12:16 PM

Carole, there are instructions on this page on how to add the countdown clock to your posts. I hope they make sense! If you need help, feel free to post and someone will help you.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Carole and Johnny March 22nd, 2004 12:57 PM

Welcome! From another Carole!

Angela Z. March 22nd, 2004 01:37 PM

Welcome Carole and Earl......this is a great place to get all kinds of info. We should be having a get together one of these days in the Orlando area when Karen comes over from Germany......watch the board as there's always lots of posts leading up to a get together.
Angela Z.

Dorothy March 22nd, 2004 01:39 PM

Welcome Carole! It sounds as though you are an experienced cruiser, so will hopefully offer some good insight on the boards.

Of course, I am HORRIBLE jealous that you live in Florida and can go to the cruisemates gatherings! Not to mention you have that lovely Florida weather.

Here in oh so cold Atlanta (after days of 70's we are back to the 50's mid-day and the 20's at night) we are waiting for spring to REALLY appear, not just tease us....

My sister is a HAL fan, too. I'm having to twist her arm to take a Carnival cruise with me next year! Enjoy your next cruise and please post a review when you return.

dorothy

moai March 22nd, 2004 03:33 PM

Welcome Carole & Earl. We are from New York and can't wait for our first cruise in July.

Luanne March 22nd, 2004 09:41 PM

Welcome Carole and Earl

We are Luanne and Mark from Nebraska. We took our first cruise in 2001 and loved it so much that we have cruised every year since then.3

2001 RCCL Majesty of the Seas
2002 NCL Norwegian Sun
2003 NCL SS Norway

and you can see 2004 coming up

Luanne

mibrown12 March 22nd, 2004 09:48 PM

Welcome, Glad you found this site. (It is great and addicting!!) I am Michele from northern VA (where it has turned mighty cold the past few days) wish I could be on fl right now.
I getting ready for my 4th cruise in less than two years. I love them, I am going on my next cruise in JUne and bringing 4 people who havent cruised before and hoping to get them addicted too!!

Michele

dezertcruzer March 22nd, 2004 10:17 PM

Welcome, Carole and Earl. I am Jennifer from the Arizona desert, and a Cruise Mates junkie! LOL! Welcome aboard!

Lisa March 23rd, 2004 12:07 AM

Welcome, Carole! Glad you found us and keep on posting!!!

JohnnyO September 24th, 2011 07:46 PM

Question

We are relatives of buck and Irene camper. Trying to find Irene, her last phone number states it is disconnected. You and your husband wrote a post on his obituary page. If you can help, we would appreciate it. Irene's mother was my great aunt Leslie, my grandfather's sister. Thank you, John

Trip September 24th, 2011 08:31 PM

Johnny, who are you referring to, the original poster Carole? If so, she has not posted on these boards for many years, although she may be a lurker..

Luanne Russo September 25th, 2011 12:26 AM

Wow, Bringing up this thread brought back many memories of good friends. You don't realize how much you have missed them, until you see their names.

rollerdonna September 25th, 2011 06:51 AM

Wow, this really is an old post - 2004 to be exact! So many old "faces" we haven't seen around in a while, wonder if they're still lurkers...

donna

Lombard September 25th, 2011 07:38 AM

This person could be part of a group of one off spam posters as in the experience New Zealand forum in the Australia/New Zealand section but this one doesn't have an "about me" tab in their profile with a signature link to a spam website???

Trip September 25th, 2011 08:34 AM

Moderating these boards, you can pretty much spot an oldy but goody, and, to see some Cruisemates that haven't been around for a while, makes you wish for a hello, remember me?

I do often wonder why these old posts pop up, other than for spam.