Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!!!!! Good morning!

Good morning, friends! Happy Friday. Sometimes it seems like the short weeks are even longer...ever notice that? It might have something to do with my 12-hour days.
I'm starting my day of being tired....I hate when that happens. Today will REALLY drag!
The weather folks say today will be the perfect day...sunny and 80 degrees! Sounds lovely to me. Weekend plans for me are a dr. appt. tomorrow in the morning...haircut at noon and hopefully NOTHING else. I do need to clean the house...but who knows!
I hope you all have something fun planned. Have a great day!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: It's Friday!!!!! Good morning!

Mornin' all,

I know what you mean Mary Lou, but I know why I'm tired. I spent another couple of hours at my brother's, installing new porch lights and hooking up the new switches for them and the flood lights overlooking the barn. Now I get to take a break until the kitchen cabinets are installed. Then the exhaust fan over the stove, and a light over the sink needs to be installed, and I'm finished. I've done more electrical work at my brother's in one month than I have at my house in years. <G>

I've got a graduation party to go to Saturday, so no work for a couple of days. I'll check in on Sunday to see how he's doing.

The cruise countdown is getting closer, so if no docs today, the TA is going to get a call.

Hope everybody has a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 9th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! I am up at this ungodly hour (to me) of 6:30 because I have to be at work early for our first summer fieldtrip. We are going to a Nature Park, and I'm hoping at the moment that the rain holds off because it looks pretty dull out there right now. It will be a long day for me, but who cares? It's Friday!
Wishing you all a great TGIF!

donna

Old July 9th, 2004, 06:26 AM
VTJen

Good Morning,

It is a grey day in Northern VT. Lots of rain and t-storms last night. My husband wasn't on call -so that was good.

Today is errands, a little time at work to tie up loose ends, more paper work here. Laundry and tidying up.

Tomorrow my husband will start building a line extension for the new parsonage our church is building for our pastor. We hope to set the pole tomorrow. I really didn't want to be involved in the construction, but my son and friend are installing a new drive way at my mom's house.

My Physical Therapist discharged me yesterday, she feels there is nothing more she can do for me - we just can't get the muscles around my jaw to loosen up. That with those stuipid mouth sores (because of the splint) being back in full force have left me discouraged. But I'll mope for only a minute. I have too much I want to do to let it bog me down too much.

I hope everyone has a great weekend - sunshine and fun!!

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old July 9th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Yeoman

Morning all, TGIF, and ML, seems when you get a short work week, still have to get 5 days work done!
Fast Eddie: Hope them cruise docs get to you ASAP!
VT Jen-Keep your spirits high!

Today is 1/2 day at the office for me, then tonite a wiener roast with friends, tomorrow a baby shower, and sunday, moving my son back to college for him to begin his co-op in computer web design. Busy weekend, and also, tomorrow the new washer and dryer are coming. Then maybe I can get out from under the large pile of laundry!

Hope all you cruisemates have a wonderful day! Enjoy the upcoming weekend, looks like our forecast is a great one!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old July 9th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: It's Friday!!!!! Good morning!

Good morning from swfl.....I did not sleep too well and did not have a great evening. Baby is fine after he got circumcised and moms staples are out also. She almost has her figure back..good for her!

VTJEN I also feel discouraged and unlike you can't pull myself up.

Tomorrow middle daughter and I are going to the Humane Society to take our volunteer class. Husband was kind enough to make me breakfast this morning before he went to work...he is the kindest person I have ever met...

Have a blessed day guys..........

Old July 9th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning Everybody,
Just a short greeting before going to work. My computer seems to be working so far after a few hiccups last night, thank goodness.
Today is Popcorn Day at the Retirement Center so will be smelling the aroma all day.For a Friday, it's a pretty activities intensive day, especially in my Assisted Living area.
The weather calls for dryer air today, so that's only a 30% chance or rain/storms inland, where I live here in Florida. The odds go back up to 50% over the weekend.

What made me tired this morning? Jumping out of bed at the sound of the garbage truck so I could get the can out by the curb in time. I did! But, oh, I was having such a nice dream before that.

Bye. Lynne

Old July 9th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Daylight is just breaking in Calgary, and rain in the forecast for today. Stampede parade is this morning, and I have to get down to work early, before they close off all the streets.

The next 10 days will be work, work, work for me. But when it's all over, I'll only have a month to wait for my Diamond Princess cruise.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 9th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. Today has been a blah week but I'm determined to have a nice weekend. We might see "Anchorman" after work today.

Wishing everyone a super day.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old July 9th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Morning, CruiseMates. It's been a whirlwind week for me for sure. In addition to the BIG SURPRISE cruise (I'm still reeling), I've been taking my brother back and forth to the hospital...viral menegitis. Sure hope I don't "catch" it, with sailaway two weeks away. I'll start thinking of packing this weekend, and crawling through the piles of boxes in storage to scope out what I need.

Have a great day!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old July 9th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Merm- i would ask your doctor but i think that virual is not contagious, its the bacterial kind that is contagious, either way with your cruise coming up in two weeks i would definatley put in a call to the doctor just for peace of mind if nothing else. Hope your brother gets better soon. Are you still flipping your fins over the cruise surprise??
Have a great day everyone.
Old July 9th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CM's..It' friday for you guys but it is monday for me..but I love my job so that makes it not so bad...Sure hope all of you get to feeling better( VTjen,Sue,ML).
ED..hope you get some rest before your party this weekend..
RollerD..have a blast at the Nature park..HeHe
I jsut love the smell of popcorn popping..I wish it tasted as good as it smelled.>G<
Kuki..Good Luck with the stampede..I would love to attend that someday..it has always been kind of a dream of mine..maybe we will some day soon.
MichelleP..have a good weekend
Mermaid(lucky lottery cruise winner of the month)>BG<Hope your brother gets better.That is some nasty stuff.

I just plan on working all weekend..( looking down at my countdown clock) is it ever going to get to DDM.....To all who follow..have a good weekend and please stay safe/
edited to Say to LisaK..have a good day and weekend.

Post Edited (07-09-04 08:32)
Old July 9th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning, I have workers all over the roof scaring the cats to death, took our little Shih Tzu Isabelle for spaying, she is now 14 pounds of love at 6 months old. Rollerdonna and Lynne: it will be a little less lonely in Quebec, passed a dozen cars from there heading north in a five mile section of the Garden State Parkway. Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 9th, 2004, 09:56 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: It's Friday!!!!! Good morning!

Good morning from Southern California where the overcast continues but lesser and lesser each day.

A quick post and then it's off to the p.t. for Keith, some lunch at a Mexican restaurant and then ironing.

Have a good Friday and good health, everyone.

J.
Old July 9th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning and TGIF!!! Looking forward to this weekend..........was going to relax, but just realized that I have only four days off of work left before I leave for Alaska.....guess I will be getting everything ready to pack!

Old July 9th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Denise H

good moring marylou its 80 hot and humt and a sunney day here in mpls have a good
weekend and get some rest