Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Passenger

Default 11 nt Hawaii on Norwegian Wind?

Hi everyone. I've been looking and there are very few reviews of this ship on this itinerary. I know it's an older ship that's been refurbished. We're interested in this itinerary because of the number of sea days to get to and from Fanning Island. If we go on the Dec. 4th trip, will the weather in the South Pacific be suitable for laying in the sun and tanning?

Thanks for any information and help!

Terry & Ritchie
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Default Re: 11 nt Hawaii on Norwegian Wind?

I did this itinerary on the Wind several years back . We had a wonderful time on the cruise and I could find little to complain about. You already know this is not a new mega ship , but, we had a great time. The sea days on the way to and from Fanning Island were wonderful and relaxing. Temps in fact can be quite warm. During our visit to Fanning Island temps were well above 100 degrees.
There is a nice quiet pool on the stern of the ship, away from the midship pool noise and activities. Spent a lot of time there. May I recommend you arrive two days in advance . One, to help adjust to the time, and two, so you can see at least a few highlights on Oahu.
The cruise wet our appetite for Hawaii and we went back for 11 days this past October , spending 5 days on Oahu and 6 on Maui. We are going back again in fall 2005 for a 6 day Maui and 5 day Kuaii trip. Perhaps some time in 2006 we will return again to the two sides of the Big Island.
Enjoy your cruise, remember your destination is Hawaii. It can't be bad.
Please feel free to ask any questions you might have about the cruise or Hawaii in general.