Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2004, 02:24 PM
First Mate

Default Ink and Carpet

Well I figured I would try this since I saw how to get ink off after a fingerprint. Anyone have any clue on how to get ink out of the carpet?? If there is any way??? My lovely 2 year old Pit bull decided that a blue pen would be yummy, and of course it is on the stairs which are carpet. Havent had any luck with regular carpet cleaners, but thought I would try asking my cruise friends!!
If not I guess it called by new carpet!!

Thanks everyone

Michele

Fascination
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Ink and Carpet

This is the only one I know of:

Saturate the stain with half water and half white vinegar but be careful not to let the ink splash or spread. Absorb the moisture with a terry cloth towel without rubbing. Repeat until the ink is completely removed.

Old March 25th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I've used hairspray to take ink out of clothing. Haven't had to try it on carpet (yet!). I have used a product called Gonzo to take lipstick out of carpet.
Old March 25th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Admiral

We had a similar problem thanks to our little Dachshund, Knock-Knock. "Sharpie" permanant pens will not come out, period.

It was totally covered by our homeowners insurance policy. We were given new carpet throughout most of the house because there were no breaks in the carpet. That was the first time I've ever felt I was on the lucky side of an insurance claim. We did have to pay the deductable of $250.
Old March 25th, 2004, 08:27 PM
First Mate

Thanks for your help, I thinking it will be a replace job!! Nothing better than that!!

Thanks again

Michele

Fascination
Old March 25th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Admiral

Is it a stair runner or installed? Because last week our Golden got into the computer waste basket and hauled out the discarded ink cartridge and got it all over the carpet (a light blue and yellow throw rug). We threw it in the washing machine and believe it or not it came out clean! Good luck!

donna

Old March 26th, 2004, 10:19 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Ink and Carpet

Installed unfort.!!

Thanks

Michele

Fascination
Old March 26th, 2004, 10:28 PM
First Mate

Try Oxy clean. I have berber carpet. I have used it for chocolate syrup stains, pet accidents, strawberry soda and blood and I mean lots of blood. My lil neice fell asleep on the floor by my bed playing when she was like 2 yrs old and we just covered her up and went to sleep ourselves. In the middle of the night she woked up confused tripped over the blanket and hit her head on the iron rails on the bed. Gashed aboved her eye and blood was all over. Came back from hospital, blood had set in and oxy clean still got it all up. I have yet to find anything that works that good without messing up original colors. Great for laundry stains.