Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2004, 12:40 PM
can't wait

Default movies on board

Does anyone know what movies are currnlty planing on Fun Vision
when we go on the Destiny 4/11/04
I like to unwind at night with Tv or a movie
puts me into a sound sleep

My mind is usally going a million differnt ways and focuing on on thing settles me down
I know I will be so pumped for the vacation I will probly be on Over Drive the whole week

two weeks from Sunday and CAN NOT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Louie B. Mayer

Default Re: movies on board

Titanic
Peosiden Adventure
Ghost Ship
Lost in Transportation
Old March 26th, 2004, 01:08 PM
can't wait

Are you trying to be funny louie B

Is so

HA HA
Old March 26th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Admiral

3 weeks ago on Inspiration, it was "An Affair to Remember" (1956 Grant and Kerr) I always wanted to see that while on a ship and I finally did! [Okay macho men! shut up! Shut Up! SHUT UP!--I know it's a chick flick!]

They also showed "Stuck on You," [Damon and Kinnear]; "The Fighting Temptations" [Gooding & Beyonce]; and..drum roll..."MASTER AND COMMANDER" [Crowe]

There was also one I never heard of, "Shattered Glass," that is quite good, about a reporting scandal that preceded Jason Blair.

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 And again!
Old March 29th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: movies on board

Steve, did you watch "Master and Commander?" If so, what did you think? I loved it and I thought of you when I saw it, it seemed like something you would enjoy.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old March 29th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Yep! Chris and I both did, while anchored in Grand Cayman. I had posted the question on here whether it might be playing aboard a few days before leaving, but no-one answered. When it was listed in the Capers, we said we'd watch it. So we used the occasion to order room service for the first time. A beer and a BLT goes awful nice with chasing, or evading, the Archeron. We enjoyed the movie.

Remember that scene when he bumped his head on the gun deck? I did that same thing when I toured the Golden Hinde several years ago. You wouldn't believe how low the ceilings were aboard those ships. The term "powder monkey" comes from the use of boys on those decks to carry barrels of powder to the various gun positions. They were the only crew members short enough to avoid bumping their heads while moving rapidly. The casks of powder were so heavy, they carried tem hunched over, so that their arms appeared as elongated as those on monkeys.

Given how the movie ended, I suspect a sequel is planned. And I will certainly at some point see it. But I haven't yet read enough O' Brian to guess what the title might be. I wonder if he might have considered himself a literary rival of C.S Forester (Horatio Hornblower Series). I read far more of the latter author. And I think Aubrey is a little more lighthearted than Hornblower. Between the both, I'd hate to have to choose the "lesser of two weevils."

BTW, you were mentioned during the Tampa lunch. You are well thought of, by those who have met you.

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 And again!
Old March 29th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: movies on board

Thanks, Steve. Glad to know that although my reputation precedes me, it is good.

I would really like them to do a sequel but everything I've read said that they aren't planning one at the moment. How funny that they'd leave the ending wide open but aren't actively planning a sequel. I hope they do decide to make one, though.

Didn't know that about the "powder monkeys." Very interesting! One can always turn to you for an interesting sea-related fact.

I haven't read any of the books but perhaps I will pick them up after I finish everything on my current reading list.

Cheers,
Michelle P.