Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2004, 06:49 AM
mike holcomb

Default SET TO SAIL THE HOLIDAY

i now understand that there is a different type of anticipation associated with a cruise.
sailing in only 13 days on the Holiday out of New Orleans. i think this ship has the most wildly varying reviews of any ship. probably because of her age.
when is the captain's cocktail party? free drinks? is there another formal night on this 5 day cruise to cozumel and playa del carmen? if we, my family of four from Lafayette, want to eat in the dining room every night, will i need to wear a jacket and tie each time, or is that only for announced formal dinners? is carlos and charlies or senor frogs to adult for pre teens?

thanks
mike
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: SET TO SAIL THE HOLIDAY

I'm guessing but I would think on a 5 day cruise there would only be one formal night. On other nites casual clothes are fine as long as you don't choose jeans, t-shirts or shorts. A nice pair of pants and a collered shirt for the men and anything from pants and a shirt to a nice summer dress will work for the ladies.

Just from my experience we took my granddaughter who was 11 at the time to C & C in Cozumel, but stayed in the dining area while the party was going on in the other area. She enjoyed watching the adults including her mother get crazy.

Carnival Glory
Old March 27th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Admiral

On a 5 day cruise, the formal dinner is the second day (first sea day).

On my previous Carnival cruises, the Captain's cocktail parties were just before the early seating formal dinner. On the last cruise, I attended my first gala.

We were greeted at the door of the main show lounge by the CD, who then introduced us to the captain. I was somewhat surprised to find him pressing flesh like that, having heard that such galas are no big deal because the officers are on stage the whole time. The drinks at the gala are included with your cruise--I can't get myself to call them free.

On your future Carnival cruises--you will go back--identify yourself as a past guest to get invited to another cocktail party.

It may be a little different on Holiday.

I don't know about Carlos and Charlies, but Senor Frog's is definitley off limits for pre-teens. When yo go by there, if you hear a whistle, make sure the kids don't follow, and watch what the waitress does to a patron. It's a kind of off-color, physical joke that goes with a $6.00 drink. I'm not comfortable naming the drink here. It's not really obscene, but it is adult symbolic humor.

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 And again!
Old March 27th, 2004, 09:17 AM
mike holcomb

thanks to all. that was a big help
Old March 27th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Bon Voyage Mike! Take the right attitude with you and you'll have a wonderful time! It's a tough ? about C&C's or Senor Frogs. All parents are different in how they feel about things, and the atmosphere at the clubs varies. If you're interested in checking out the scene, do so, and just leave if it's too "much". Both places will get crazier as the day wears on.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?