CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   POLL..What's IMPORTANT. GREAT ship, GREAT Food, GREAT Servic (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/268007-poll-whats-important-great-ship-great-food-great-servic.html)

Kuki March 31st, 2004 12:22 PM

POLL..What's IMPORTANT. GREAT ship, GREAT Food, GREAT Servic

Time is getting shorter until our CruiseMates Group Cruise on RCI's Serenade.
From everything I've seen the ship is absolutely a BEAUTY. She looks just gorgeous!

But most reports I've seen report very good, friendly service onboard, and very average food.

Seems to me that food has been an issue with RCI for some time. Not quite sure why the can build such stunning ships, and not match it with really solid food quality.

So... what's more important to you....Great ship, Great Service, or Great food?

Post Edited (03-31-04 13:49)

sassy March 31st, 2004 12:55 PM

Re: POLL..What's IMPORTANT. GREAT ship, GREAT Food, GREAT Se

great service,friendly people ....also fun onboard activities

Phyllbo March 31st, 2004 12:58 PM

I agree with Mike. Great service is at the top of the list. As long as the food was good and the ship was clean, I don't think I'd mind.

Phyll

BobbieE March 31st, 2004 01:07 PM

I want it all. But as my dh would say, what else is new.
Bobbie

Stacowgirl March 31st, 2004 02:35 PM

Food. If the food isn't good or isn't prepared right then you may get sick. Also besides water it's one of the main things ya need so that's my vote.

PEB March 31st, 2004 02:47 PM

I would have to say freindly service. I prefer the old ships so the so called new great ships don't impress me. I am not a person who cares for fancy food so the food they serve on a cruise ship doesn't impress me.

I do enjoy good freindly service and meeting new passengers and crew on a cruise.

Marc March 31st, 2004 04:47 PM

I think you need all three. Having to provide one answer, I will say food. Cold or bad food can't be overcome by friendly or excellent service. For people that say food doesn't matter as long as they don't have to cook it, I say stay at home and go to McDonalds; it is cheaper.

cruisinKandJ March 31st, 2004 04:47 PM

I want it all, too. Seems to me that with what a cruise costs, everything is important. I also would add cabins to Kuki's list.

J.

Donna March 31st, 2004 05:54 PM

I also agree with friendly service both in the dining room and cabin.. I've yet to have bad food, so thats not a problem when I cruise and have been fortunate to have been on some great ships, with great cruisemates, makes for a great cruise.

SAndrea91483 March 31st, 2004 06:53 PM

I would say a great ship is most important. I can tolerate, to some extent, bad service or mediocre food.

Sea Trekker March 31st, 2004 06:58 PM

My vote is for all three, Why else would you want to pay top dollar and get lousy food,service, ship and crew?
That is the whole point to getting the best for your dollar! Cheap No way. I'm paying for it I want it all!!!

Cruisenut1 March 31st, 2004 09:28 PM

SERVICE! First and foremost.
A bad waiter can make your dining experience a bummer, but a great one can disguise food that might not be the greatest.
Would like all three, but have met crew that have made cruises exceptional.

rollerdonna March 31st, 2004 09:39 PM

Doesn't matter - I just want to go!

donna

LisaK April 1st, 2004 07:29 AM

Food. If the food is not that great on the ship, it makes for grumpy passengers because you have no recourse, you can't go to another restaurant like you can on land. A great wait team can lessen that fact but if the food is not that great, the greatest waiter in the world can't make it taste better. Whereas if you get a lousy wait team you can always request a table change.

Mermaid April 1st, 2004 08:22 AM

If I put them in order, here's my picks.

1) Great Service: Don't cruise to be waited on hand and foot, but a little pampering certainly is nice : ). A sincere smile and a simple hello from crew and passengers, enjoying either their job or their vacation, truly set the stage for a good cruise experience IMO. A lot of "not the best" ratings can be easy to forget if everyone is friendly.

2) Great Ship: If I'm out to sea, any ship is a good ship. I love to explore the ship, and enjoy discovering every inch of her. Old, new, plain, or ornate, they're all special. Each ship has something that I'll find cool, interesting, or just plain fun.

3) Great Food: Not that I don't enjoy delicious tasting food, but not that important. Don't get me wrong though, I love to eat, and would NEVER miss a meal. But a dining atmosphere means more to me. Be it a early morning bagel snatched from the buffet, eaten on an aft deck overlooking the immense wake with a hot cup of coffee - doesn't get much better than that. Or a 5 course dinner in the ship's alternative restaurant. What's that my kid's say? "It's All good!"

zeno April 1st, 2004 12:15 PM

1. professional, efficient service (but not the boot licking overly friendly kind) - I find it VERY off-putting when people are so desperate to please that they pretend to be your best friend.
2. Good, edible food (I never expect gourmet class dining on a large scale).
3. Good ship (clean and well maintained) - I do not care if it is brand new or not.

David Starkey April 1st, 2004 01:08 PM

Good food is most important followed by good service. Clean ship is next , but I too don't care if the ship is older.

Jameee April 1st, 2004 03:30 PM

The ship for me is No.1 followed by the food and service on an equal front. Nothing is more annoying than being on a great ship but having luke warm food served by indifferent waiters.

cruise4fun April 1st, 2004 07:48 PM

1) Great service
2) Great food
3) Great ship

If the service and food are in place, the ship will not matter as much to me.
Give me an older ship with great service and good food any time.

MichelleP April 2nd, 2004 08:19 AM

I think they all rank about equal for me.

Cheers,
Michelle P.