Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2004, 01:04 PM
First Mate

Default Ensanada Cruise Anyone done a 3 day from LA?

Hi I am already looking to book my next cruise. I want to try a three day weekend cruise to ensanada. Has anyone done this and if so, what to do in port>?
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2004, 06:42 PM
cruisinKandJ

Default Re: Ensanada Cruise Anyone done a 3 day from LA?

We took a three-day cruise in Nov. '02 for a reunion. We sailed on RCI's Legend of the Seas. Nice ship, though I think they're using another ship now. We enjoyed the reunion crowd. But Ensenada is a big nothing. We took a local bus into a small shopping area with one of my husband's school buddies. Some people went to see a blow hole or something. If I had to do it again, I'd stay on the ship.

What you can do is go on somecruise line sites and check out the shore excursions. Maybe now there are other things to do. Hope this helps.

J,
Old April 3rd, 2004, 06:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to shayesship
Default Re: Ensanada Cruise Anyone done a 3 day from LA?

I just did the 3 day in January, 2004 on the Monarch of the Seas rt from Los Angeles. RCCI is not my favorite cruiseline however the ship worked out nicely. It is of the older RCCI ships with the small 120 sq ft cabins. However, it just went through a $25 million soft goods upgrade and is in good to excellent condition.

In Ensenada it really depends on what you prefer to do. I have been there 3 times over the years by cruise ship and did the following:
1.Took cab ride to downtown and walked around and drank and Carlos & Charlies
2. Took the ship sponsored Winery Tour - which I liked since I am a wine collector.
3. Staying on the ship and enjoying what it had to offer without the "masses" on board.

FYI- The food and service were good.
The ship has an unusual layout compared to many of the ships today and was very enjoyable walking around and finding all of the nooks and crannies.

65+ cruises on over 10 cruiselines.

Celebrity Mercury 09-24-07
HAL Veendam 12-16-07
PCL Golden Princess 04-19-08
Cunard QM2 11-29-08
CCL Splendor 04-26-09