Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2004, 06:53 PM
Passenger

Default Guaranteed Room

I have read a few posts mentioning a "guaranteed room". I booked thru an online site, (can we mention them here? anyway, ends with --city), have a confirmation number, room number, and my info is coming up on the royal caribbean site.

What's the deal with booking a guaranteed room? Is there a chance I won't have a room or something?

Just nervous I guess

TIA

Royal Caribbean ~~Serenade of Seas~~
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Re: Guaranteed Room

Booking a guanteed category means you will not recieve any cabin lower than that category - best option if you want an upgrade. You won't receive your cabin assignment until you check in. Ugrades are not extremely easy to get and highly unlikely if you already have a cabin assignment. One rule of thumb is to never book a guaranteed cagetory lower than what you are willing to accept.

Jodi

Old April 2nd, 2004, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Zack.. if you have a cabin number there's now worry. It is possible they could still offer you an upgrade, but cant move you without your consent.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 3rd, 2004, 01:45 PM
lance

I took the guarentee on my last cruise, it worked out great, I was upgraded to a better room on the ship.

make sure you take UConn1's advice! "never book a guaranteed cagetory lower than what you are willing to accept"