Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning.

Good morning friends. Looks like it has been a slow start to the new week. I hope everyone had a safe and blessed Easter. Sometimes I feel like I have to come back to work to get some rest! It was a very busy weekend and all the rest up until the wedding promise to be the same. I finally sent off all of my taxes and Matt's. But, wouldn't you know it....I have to file an amended state return for Matt. I saw an error while using TurboTax and I deleted the deduction. But, after I submitted and then printed, I saw it did not delete after all. There is something to be said for printing and checking BEFORE submitting! Oh well, live and learn. You all have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Monday Morning.

Good morning ML and all who will follow Sorry you did not get much rest this weekend but I remember you saying you are off this upcoming friday so this will be a short week for you! We had a very quiet day yesterday. Very different from other Easter sundays that's for sure. Around noon we went to the movies and we all watched the Passion of the Christ. Afterward we stopped at the store and headed home. Very quiet indeed. This morning it is pouring and we had storms last night too. We do need the rain and I am not complaining.

Have a great day today, tomorrow the kids are going back to school....

Old April 12th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,
I can't believe I'm one of the first on the board. We had a wonderful Easter, but also very tiring. I sing in our church choir, and we sang at 4 services starting thursday night. Luckily, thurs, & fri. music was very muted so it did not take a lot out of us, but Sat. night, when 14 people joined our faith, the music was grand. Singing the "Halleluia Chorus" twice in 12 hrs is not the easiest thing to do when you have a cold. Well,at least I don't have to talk much at work, because I really can't.<G>
My oldest brother flew up from Atlanta, so we had most of the family together for Easter.

Hope everyone had joyous and blessed Easter.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old April 12th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Long Island where we aren't supposed to see sun till next weekend. Now that's really depressing, but that's Spring. At least the bitter cold seems to be gone.

Had a quiet and peaceful Easter Sunday but the rainy weather stopped me from planting my bulbs and pretty plants. Guess it will wait till next weekend.

It's off to work for me now, have a good day.

Carnival Glory
Old April 12th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
It seems we all enjoyed our weekend, which is great...Alas, along with Tweets, the little sun I see right now, will have to last till Saturday. Kuki is having 70 degrees in Calgary..somthing is wrong with this picture I have a zillion errands to run, so , have a good day ...Trip
Old April 12th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers, from rainy, grey, and dreary Orlando in the "Sunshine State." I hope everyone had a good Easter weekend. Mine was mostly good, I got to go home and see my parents, but Mark was sick and cranky all weekend. Oh well, I guess you can't have it all.

Just four weeks until I cruise... I'm so glad I have something to look forward to.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old April 12th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! Spent the weekend getting caught up on laundry and making some minor adjustments to the vette, including some extra horsepower. Did a couple of things to give the truck some added horsepower too.

Bought my son some Tuxedo shoes. He has stopped growing now, so instead of renting them for $20.00, I bought a brand new pair for $24.99. Now he will have them whenever he needs them.

Getting the wedding invitations printed for my dad's wedding, so that is keeping me busy too. They are beautiful and so many people are flying in for this event. The last weekend in May until the 3rd weekend in June will be very busy for us. Actually things wont slow down till after the middle of July.

Everyone take care and I hope you had a great Easter!

Old April 12th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Glad to hear everybody had a nice Easter weekend - better than mine at least!
Mike, I know what you mean about the "roto-rooter". I've been there too, and yesterday the Dr. threatened me with another one if I don't stick to my liquid diet and take my meds!
Today is a paid day off for me, but as for the rest of the week, I'll have to see if my insurance will cover me being off with a doctor's note. At least today is sunny, if a bit cool. Maybe I will be brave, bundle up and sit on the back patio for awhile.
The pain is still there, but managing with the pain med. Hopefully the 2 antibiotics will kick in soon and take it away!
Hubby had to go to work today, but I still have my son home for 2 days to look after me (carry the laundry downstairs, make me tea, gopher, gopher, gopher!)
Wishing you all a great day, and thanks for the kind get well wishes!

donna

Old April 12th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Blue and sunny skies in Calgary today, and I have to work

Temps are forecast to stay near 70 until later in the week when rain is forecast. Hope they're wrong, since my golf club is to open Friday. (though I played on Saturday elsewhere).

Hope everyone who's off today enjoys the day and their families!!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 12th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Monday to all, We are finally getting a good amount of rain since midnight and we really needed it. I love winters in Florida butsometimes it gets too dry and the fires were starting early this year. Gratefully the fire in Miami area was extinguished with the rains before it got a hold and really did damage. Enjoy the day.

Jeanne

Old April 12th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning gang.

We had a very nice Easter. Took my brother to a beautiful church service and then went to a state park and walked the board walk over the estuary and out to the ocean front. It sure is a challenge getting him in and out of a car, but we managed and it was all well worth it.

Been raining this morning, but things have cleared off now. The rental car is returned and Frosty is home from the puppy motel so now it's time to catch up on things around here.

Donna, hope you continue to feel better. I'm glad you don't have to work today.
ML, you will need a cruise after the wedding to relax on. I think the doctor would perscribe one for you.
Tweety, hope your back is feeling better.
Michelle, I hope Mark is feeling better soon too.

Everyone else have a good day.

Phyll

Old April 12th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Good Monday morning cruisers. Back from Galveston, and back to work. Reality I guess is what makes vacations so special, so I guess it's okay. Had a wonderful time relaxing at the edge of Mother, Mother Ocean. Some sun and delicious seafood were a winning combination.

Have a good day!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old April 12th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Admiral

GMCM =

Donna, I hope the problem clears up quickly. It's really too bad it tainted your holiday. Later, when you're feeling better, have a makeup holiday, just for yourself.

We had a very nice dinner yesterday. All of Chrisi's immediate family came over, including my grandpuppy. He had the most fun of all us! We had both ham and turkey,
German potato salad, and assorted sides. Delicious! Afterward, most of us just sat and watched "The Greatest Story Ever Told," and Bible documentaries--between naps.

We are expecting an afternoon of rain, part of the system that spawned tornadoes in NM, I think. As yet, I haven't had any spotter net alerts, whih I hope means the system has pretty much blown itself out.. But we still won't see the sun until Wednesday. The May flowers better be worth it--as if I could do anything if they weren't.

Have a great day, all!

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Old April 12th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Morning all off to work I go--- just a fast check in-- wishing everyone well and a great day
Cheers all
April
Old April 12th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone!!!! Cloudy and Cold here in SE Wisconsin...where did spring go???