Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morning

Good Morning CruiseMateys...I am getting started early..I had a long nap this afternoon and I am not sleepy yet..I have NOTHING planned for the day except to veggietate on the couch..Got all the yard work caught up today so I am taking the day off..DW is on a Jury (murder trial) so she is not talking to me for fear of saying something about the trial..She really does trust me......

I hope you all have a good Thursday and please stay safe...

John(who really needs to go to bed but is to addicted to this website)
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Thursday Morning

Hmmm my signature did'nt show up..guess I forgot to login,,Oh well IT"S ME...

Old July 8th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning John and everyone to follow! A gorgeous sleeping weather night here in SE Wisconsin - will get down to the mid 50's tonight!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old July 8th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Good Thursday??!! I just got home from work (I went in at 8am YESTERDAY!) I also have to be back at 8am today!! I love my job, but I hate month-end close!! Today was good - it is usually around 3am instead of 1:30am on these days. I keep reminding myself that it is just one day a month that I work an 18 hr day - usually only 8-10 hrs...

I can never come home and go straight to bed - still wound up from work and mind still going a mile a minute. I have to have at least an hour to come down....guess it is only 3hrs sleep for me tonight.

I hope everyone has a great day! I hope everyone else gets plenty of sleep tonight!

Jodi

Old July 8th, 2004, 12:51 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: Good Thursday Morning

Good evening, it's only 10:39 p.m. here in Southern California. I'm glad you're here. Tonight, Keith prepared dinner for the first time since May. He said it was a struggle, but the food was good. I think it was an "accomplishment."

Keith had a good session in p.t. today. But what he said broke my heart: "I wish my brain would get better." So he knows he's not right. This is a man who became a mechanical engineer and graduated No. 1 in a class of 600. It breaks my heart to see how he is now. He's come so far in this ordeal, but still, it's so hard . . .I sit here crying.

J.
Old July 8th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((J))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))

Old July 8th, 2004, 01:14 AM
Admiral

JUdy...I feel your pain..It really breaks my heart to see you down and with the accomplishment that Keith has made today..if he knows that his brain is not right then there has got to be a part of his brain that will help it heal itself..He is a real fighter and I know with God's help he is going to get back to normal or at least real close..he is making such good progress..I will pray for you both tonight for comfort and healing..hang in there kiddo.

Old July 8th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to MysteriousVxin

GOOD MORNING - It's 2:30 AM here in Westchester NY and I'm 10 days away from sailing on the Legend - I can't wait!! WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Past Cruises:
Sept. 5, 2004 - Norwegian Dawn
July 18, 2004 - Carnival Legend
Sept. 4, 2003 - RCCL - Serenade of the Sea
July 13, 2003 - RCCL - Nortic Empress
Old July 8th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

good morning. its 0930 on thursday morning and i'm having a fun packed day at work. the weather is positivley autumnal and i'm off to the biggest american car show in europe tomorrow and then eleven shifts left until the QM2!!HOORAY. Hope everyone is having a good nights rest.
lexxity
Old July 8th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! Bigjohn....enjoy your relaxing day.
Lisa, enjoy the great weather.
Jodi, OMG, and I thought I worked longggg hours. You sure do have me beat! I hope you get some rest.
Judy, I'm so sorry for you. I cannot imagine how hard it is for you. But at least you still have Keith.
Mysterious & Lexx, I'm so jealous!
To all my CM's to follow...have a wonderful day!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 8th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

We had some nasty t'storms run through the area yesterday, but only a few tree limbs down. The only problem is that I still have to mow the lawn.

The family construction job is coming along nicely. That's because I didn't do much yesterday. Just went over to see what was going on....they were sanding drywall. I hate getting my tools dusty, so I didn't stay too long. I would have been in the way anyhow. Today I've got to fabricate a pair of covers to go behind the new porch lights (the bases do not completely cover the electrical box). As soon as some primer goes on the walls, we will start putting up the kitchen cabinets.

Hope everybody has a great day,

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 8th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Admiral

Drywall....yuck! What an ugly job that is!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 8th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. Already Thursday? Sure helps shorten the work week when you take two days off! ; ) This is the second week of our annual shutdown, so things are fairly calm with without manufacturing operations running.

Showers are expected to roll through central Texas again late this week. The rainfall is always needed and it certainly has been keeping temps lower than normal. I can do without triple digit highs!

Ya'll have a great day!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old July 8th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Thursday Morning

Good morning mates from swfl....have not had time or energy to make the boards to post. Baby Aiden is fine and soooo cute. Mom is getting staples removed today and he might get circumcised <SP?> today but I am not sure.I am just the driver lol .

J I am sorry about your sorrows. But as ML said you still have him around and now is the the time to cherrish every moment with him<<<HUG>>>

I think I am going for a walk I need to clear my brain that is once again in the gutter...and when I come back I will go and enter all my info on the Princess site . How long does it take to get the pre docs? Oh my gosh, I can't wait to cruise.....

Have a wonderful day mates................

Old July 8th, 2004, 06:49 AM
First Mate

Good Day to All!
Still hot in Ga. We went back to the draftsman last nite w/ changes to the house plans; it is hard trying to add a few feet here & take a few off in order to keep the sq. ft. the same. I hope ya'll have a good day & stay safe.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old July 8th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone. It is a beautiful morning in the "Land of 10,000 Taxes." Last night was a traumatic evening. I had to write the check for my foundation repairs. I just thought of all the cruises I could have taken for that amount.

It looks like there are a number of night owls out there. I hope all of you got a good night's sleep.

J: Actually it is a good thing that Keith knows that he isn't the same. It gives him incentive to keep up what needs to be done in order to get back to what he was.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 8th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Good Morning folks! My DW is going to be a nervous wreck for a week. Mikie, her 15 yo daughter, will be going to Fla with her sisters. I kind of like this three day work week. We are beginning grind time at work, will be busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger until the end of September. I really have to stay on top of things because I have a week off to cruise. Judy - Hang in there.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 8th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning Everybody
Running late to get to work, but wanted to say "Hi".

All of you treat yourself to a great day! Lynne

Old July 8th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
Iíve been fairly busy, so I havenít been harassing you all on the boards. Yesterday I was fully released from the Doctor. No more pills and my thumb is healed. That is good, cause when it comes to typing Iím all thumbs.
Congrats to all that got their docs (*$&%@!)ÖAnd congrats to all those that booked (hoping to join the group). Have a great day!!!

and laughing is contagious,
hereís hoping for an epidemic!
Old July 8th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. Worked on getting my computer fixed for hours last night. Thought all was well with just a partial restore, then along came the Thunderstorms early this morning, off went the electric and now I'm just not sure. Has just taken me 45 minutes to get to here. OH WELL.....there is still the option of reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling all the original hardware. Painful thought but might be necessary. Patience is not my strong point in life (as those who know me can testify) and I just can't put up with this nonesense much longer.

OK I feel better now that I have that all off my chest. Going to work now.

Hope all those who aren't feeling well, improve quickly and those of you that are, enjoy the day.

Kuki take a deep breath, you have to be ready for tomorrow. Good luck.

Carnival Glory
Old July 8th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal, where I, at least, had a good night's sleep! It's dark and rainy here this morning, but tha't's ok, cause the lawns and gardens need it bad.
Judy, I feel your pain, hang in there for Keith's sake. I hate seeing my mom going through what she's going through, and I thank goodness for the caring and good humour her sister has brought her by visiting at this time.

I am itching to get started on my Paradise story; got pages of notes and tons of pics, but I am still struggling with my computerese-incompetence with the scanner. I promise, it's coming soon!

donna

Old July 8th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Wow! It's only 6:12 a.m. here in Arizona and already 20 of you have checked in! I'm impressed. Unfortunately, I don't have time to read the posts right now. I have to hit the road! But I just wanted to say hello before I rush out the door. I'll check in with you this evening. Have a great Thursday!

Old July 8th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny, cool, WI.

I've been up since 4:45AM so I could have coffee with my earlybird friends and catch up with things. A little later, I'm going to have lunch with another group of friends that I haven't seen in a long time. That's one of the hardest parts of living in Florida for the winter, I miss my WI friends.

Judy, my heart goes out to you. It is amazing how well Keith is doing, and yet I can understand how you feel the way you do. I also think it's a good thing that he is aware of his mind not being the same anymore. Hopefully that will keep him motivated to continue with the therapy and recover even more.

John, I like your patriotic boar. Hope you sleep better tonight.

Jodi, it's good to see you back too.

Good to see and hear from the rest of you too.

Take Care,
Phyll

Old July 8th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisers. Not much going on here, as usual. Just another day!

Jodi - hope you get some rest this weekend!

Judy - ((((((hugs)))))) I'm still thinking about you and Keith!

Everyone else have a great day and congrats to those who have received their docs!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old July 8th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Well I will say good morning again..slept like a rock,if a rock sleeps...NOTHING on my agenda for today except to catch up on some old movies or something...I hope all of you have a great day...

Jason..glad your thumb is getting well and you got released from the Doctor..now you dont have to type with a limp...>G<

Phyllbo...I really hate to bust your bubble..but that is not a boar..it's a razorback.. but thanks for liking it...>G<
RollerD..hope you get your comp working today.

It is very Sunny this morning..something we have not had in a while..but maybe things will dry out here in wc ARK....

Old July 8th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Rain filled most of our day in Calgary yesterday... and more showers expected today. They are hoping it eases in time for the Stampede Parade tomorrow morning. 300,000 people expected to be lining the streets.

Hoping they all find their way into my bar when it ends <G>

Think we're just about ready for the onslaught. Just have to remove a bunch of tables and chairs today. Everyone ends up standing around, and the tables and chairs just end up being in the way.... and without them, of course, we can squeeze in more customers.

Old July 8th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids

Well, I am last in line....for a few minutes anyway...Sort of overcast here, and going to run some errands,nothing exciting Wish I was pulling into some fabulous tropical port, instead of getting into my Toyota

Post Edited (07-08-04 11:18)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 8th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from drizzly and muggy Massachusetts. Our state lost another soldier yesterday that brings the total to 15 i believe, its soo sad.
Old July 8th, 2004, 11:21 AM
cruisinKandJ.

Thanks all, for your responses, hopes, and prayers.

Judy
Old July 8th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Judy-- thoughts and prayers for you and Keith--- and our other CruiseMates in need--
Nice day here in my part of CA---I'm off and taking my mom out tonight-- to see The Producers-- dinner too----
Wishing everyone a great day---- jealous of Mermaid big time---- I love Alaska but hope to see her in Galveston in Feb--fingers and toes crossed for that
Cheers all
April