Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2004, 08:28 AM
adnor

Default Debit Card

Does anyone know if Royal Caribbea, Navigator will homor debit cards? If so, can they be used in place of a credit card when signing up for the seapass?
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Debit Card

Yes, you'll have no problem using the debt cards. I had friends who used them on RCI.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 14th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Admiral

double check your limit before you leave home, some cards have limits on them, you can request a limit hike i think by going to the bank. Just make sure you have enough money in the account to cover your expenses before you leave home.
Old April 14th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Admiral

That's good advice from Lisa because if you don't have enough money in the account to cover your charges on board they will not let you get off. Hmmmmmmm......
I think I may have an idea here!

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 14th, 2004, 01:51 PM
venice

sure they might not let you off the ship, but they have a heck of alot of dishes to wash and potatoes to peal and garbage to haul off and beds to change and tables to clear and decks to mop and they don't let you share in the tip pool (smile)
Old April 14th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Yup.. it's happened before, and there's pictures to prove it http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/humop/BadDream.cfm

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 14th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Kuki you are so bad. I always call my bank before I leave and tell them that I am going on vacation and they let my charges go thru.

Join us for the Glorious Victorious Thanksgiving Cruisemates Cruise on November 21, 2004. Great rates and lots of fun! Click on the link for all the details.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ictory2004.cfm

Carnival Glory
Old April 15th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

adnor, when we were on an NCL ship a few years ago we had a rather large bill (there were 16 of us) with shore excursions, drinks, items bought on board, our bill was a little over 6,200. Although the card was debited nightly, when we got home I found NCL still had about a 2,200 hold on the account. I had to call NCL and connect 3-way with the bank to have the hold removed. I didn't understand since the card was debited nightly why they should have this kind of hold (after all on the last night I wasn't going to spend 2,200). It is my understanding however that all cruise lines do put an additional hold on the card. Sooo, you might want to remember that your account could still have a hold on it even when you return. I don't know how long it would have taken NCL to lift the hold had I not called.
Old April 16th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Hotels, rental car companies, and cruises LOVE putting holds on your accounts. It's like an interest-free loan for them.

Cheers,
Michelle P.